The Master of Arts in Religion – Evangelism and Church Planting Equips You to Answer the Great Commission
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Religion (M.A.R.) is designed to prepare students entering ministry with an in-depth but practical education in theology, biblical studies, and ministry practice. While completing the online Master of Arts in Religion, one of Liberty University’s most popular online ministry degrees, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a program that provides flexibility to tailor the degree plan to your passions and needs. Students who complete an online ministry degree program like the online Master of Arts in Religion will be able to effectively pursue ministry in churches, parachurch organizations, and nonprofit organizations while opening the door to further study at the graduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels.
The evangelism and church planting area of study for the Master of Arts in Religion adds to the core content of the program to more fully equip students to engage with communities and individuals to share the Gospel and help plant seeds of salvation. The techniques and methods taught in the evangelism and church planting courses are real-world tested by ministers and pastors with active ministry experience and will help make students more effective in their outreach ministries.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Religion – Evangelism and Church Planting?
Liberty University’s online ministry degrees make pursuing an education easier with the flexibility of a 100% online format. Liberty University’s online seminary programs, such as the online Masters in Religion, will give you a fully-fledged, online college degree that will equip you for ministry in a variety of fields.
Students in any track of Liberty University’s online Master of Arts in Religion will receive foundational instruction in the fundamentals of contemporary evangelism methods and practical ministry skills. Students who complete the area of study in evangelism and church planting will receive additional training in engaging with communities of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds to find and meet their needs through ministry. The evangelism and church planting area of study help ministry professionals learn not only how to start a church but to helps those small communities of believers grow into thriving witnesses for the gospel.
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Seminary Degrees?
- Unlike many online Bible colleges or online seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
- Liberty University online seminary students can complete Institutional Challenge Exams (ICE) to get college credit for personal studies and expertise in ministry.
- As a special exception to Liberty University’s online program multi-degree transfer policy, students who pursue the Master of Divinity (M.Div.) after graduating with the online Master of Arts in Religion will be permitted to transfer up to 60 credit hours of their MAR content to the M.Div. Degree.
- Liberty’s online degrees of divinity through the online seminary have a discounted graduate tuition of $395 per credit for part-time.
- Students attending full time (9-15 credit hours) are eligible for our online seminary block rate of $2,750 per semester!*
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the Master of Arts in Religion are charged at the part-time rate.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master of Arts in Religion – Evangelism and Church Planting?
Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Religion is 100% online and contains extensive, well-rounded training in ministry, administration of Christian organizations, theology studies, and biblical studies. The core of the online master’s in religion provides in-depth topical studies of the Old and New Testament, history of Christianity, systematic theology, and the research, writing, and sermon preparation process.
Students who pursue the evangelism and church planting area of study for the Master of Arts in Religion will enhance their training in contemporary evangelism and discipleship ministry with advanced courses focused in identifying diverse community needs and establishing healthy churches. Students will receive a guided overview of church planting, including effective church planting methods and cultural concerns when approaching communities, as well as guidance on important spiritual factors of growing churches.
- EVAN 500 – Spiritual Factors of Growing Churches
- EVAN 505 – Church Planting
- EVAN 510 – Evangelism and the Growing Church
- EVAN 610 – Church Planting Methods and Culture
MAR Program Highlights
- By earning your online Master of Arts in Religion degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students can complete this online Master of Arts in Religion – Evangelism, and Church Planting in as little as two years.
- Liberty University’s online seminary, the Rawlings School of Divinity, has experienced ministry professionals who will impart important, time-tested lessons and insights about the challenges of evangelism and church planting.
- Learn from renowned biblical studies scholars in the Liberty University School of Divinity, such as Dr. Elmer L. Towns, Dr. Harold Willmington, and Dr. Gary R. Habermas.
- Develop practical ministry skills that will help you ensure that individuals and families in your ministry are connected and growing in the church.
- Be equipped to handle challenges in church growth, no matter the size of the ministry.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 per semester (only $165/credit at 15 credit hours)*
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log-in times
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the Masters of Divinity online are charged at the part-time rate.
Degree Information and Requirements for the MAR in Evangelism and Church Planting
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Evangelism and Church Planting
Graduates of the online seminary’s Master of Arts in Religion will be prepared to tackle challenges in active, full-time ministry with churches and parachurch organizations while being well-situated to continue their education with an online Christian ministries degree at the graduate or doctoral level. Since most doctoral-level religion degrees require a Master of Divinity (M.Div.), students who want to pursue doctoral studies would be encouraged to pursue Liberty’s online M.Div. program and will receive the maximum possible transfer of their online Master of Arts in Religion credit. In the meantime, graduates of Liberty’s online ministry degrees may be qualified for college-level and K-12 religious studies teaching (non-licensure).
- Associate pastor
- Church education administrator
- K-12 religion teaching
- Lay ministry leader
- Religion adjunct teaching
- Teaching pastor
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Divinity Programs
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Letter of recommendation
- Completed divinity questionnaire
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.