Choose Your Own Degree Path with Liberty’s Online Religion Degree
Whether you feel called to ministry or simply want to learn more about the Christian faith, Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Religion will give you the biblical knowledge and in-demand ministry training that can prepare you for success in your current and future career plans.
Flexibility within a degree program is important to you, so at Liberty, our bachelor’s degree in religion is available 100% online. It incorporates foundational theology and ministry training with over 30 credit hours of free electives. You can handpick courses that interest you the most from apologetics, evangelism, and Christian counseling, to global studies, church history, and surveys of individual books of the Bible.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s Degree in Religion?
Life doesn’t stop when you start school. So we want to partner with you to make your goals a reality through our bachelor’s degree in religion. With no set log-in times and 8-week courses, you can pursue your bachelor’s degree while keeping your family and current career as top priorities. At Liberty, we want to make the process of earning a bachelor’s degree as simple and rewarding as possible. Whether you have worked in ministry for years or are just starting, a bachelor’s degree in religion can benefit both you and those you are serving.
Our religion bachelor’s degree is designed to strengthen your faith and equip you with valuable training in the field of ministry. Because Liberty teaches and upholds Christian values, you can be confident that your religious studies degree will prepare you for success in a rewarding and fulfilling career! Professors who have both advanced education and years of experience in ministry teach our religion courses. You will learn firsthand how to address the challenges and issues Christian leaders face in today’s churches and organized ministries.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Religion Degree?
Throughout your online bachelor’s degree in religion, you will study the cultural and spiritual aspects of Christianity as well as other world religions, while exploring the theological tenets of religious thought. As you start your degree, you’ll complete general education classes in English, math, social science, and natural science. Then, you will take survey courses in Old and New Testament studies, evangelism, contemporary issues, and theology. The training you receive in these courses will provide the strong foundational knowledge needed as you continue into your religion courses.
Our online religion classes encourage you to incorporate critical thinking as you interpret both Old and New Testament passages. You will learn how to study and even teach Scripture from experienced professors. In your apologetics course, you will build on major theological principles in order to develop persuasive arguments for the Christian faith. Your bachelor’s degree will help you construct insightful Bible lessons for believers and nonbelievers alike.
- APOL 220 – Apologetics
- BIBL 360 – Methodical Study of Scripture
- RLGN 360 – Practical Teaching of Scripture
- THEO 360 – Theological Interpretation of Scripture
Highlights of the Bachelor’s in Religion Degree
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while pursuing your degree.
- Potential college credit earned through life experience.
- Our B.S. in Religion ranked in the top 10 for most affordable online theology degrees by AffordableColleges.com.
B.S. in Religion Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides. (login required)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set log-in times
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Religion
- Church administrator
- Clergy member
- Global worker
- Ministry leader
- Ministry marketing specialist
- Pastoral assistant
- Youth pastor
Admission Requirements for Online Bachelor in Religion Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
Official college transcripts
Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
High school self-certification form
Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.