Gain the Knowledge and Skills Needed to Integrate Underserved Populations into Local Church Communities with a Bachelor of Science in Religion – Disability Ministry
Do you wish to see better support and involvement within churches for those with disabilities? Do you want to enact change where it is needed to create more unity within the church community? Churches need staff who have special training and knowledge in the area of disability ministry to create a welcoming and successful environment.
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Religion – Disability Ministry can help you prepare for a rewarding career working alongside those with disabilities. This program is designed to facilitate the development of a theological foundation for understanding disability ministry and the practical implications for specific ministry contexts. You can learn about the importance of engaging with and ministering to those who are marginalized by disability.
Your BS in Religion – Disability Ministry can train you to create biblically founded, disability-inclusive ministry environments that are informed by an understanding of the impact of disabilities across an individual’s lifespan. In doing so, you can help increase accessibility, hospitality, and participation within the local church. Partner with us today and take the next step toward your future.
What is the Difference Between a Bachelor of Science in Religion and a Bachelor of Science in Bible?
There are several differences between the BS in Religion and the BS in Bible. Regardless of specialization, the BS in Religion degree programs have 36 credit hours of core major courses while the BS in Bible has 51. The 2 programs share many of the same core courses, but there are several key differences.
The BS in Religion takes a broader approach to studying Christianity and its history. The origins of the church, global studies, and the history of life are studied in the religion degree program. The BS in Bible offers a more focused study of Scripture itself. This encompasses background information on both the Old and New Testaments, studies of the epistles and prophets, and analysis of the different types of books in the Bible
Why Choose Liberty’s BS in Religion – Disability Ministry Online Degree?
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Religion – Disability Ministry can prepare you for a rewarding career helping others. Ministering to those with disabilities is essential for a cohesive and unified church body. To accomplish this end, Liberty University teaches all courses from a biblical worldview. This particular method for studying disability ministry can allow you to become even more effective in helping churches reach all people.
Your Bachelor of Science in Religion – Disability Ministry is offered 100% online. This format allows you to build your foundational knowledge and develop your skills while maintaining your personal commitments. With no set login times, you are able to complete your degree on your own schedule.
Give yourself the opportunity to pursue a unique educational experience that can set you up for success and equip you to be the agent of change you want to see in the world through a Bachelor of Science in Religion – Disability Ministry from Liberty University.
What Will You Learn in the Undergraduate Religion – Disability Ministry Degree?
Your Bachelor of Science in Religion – Disability Ministry is designed to help you pursue a future career serving people with disabilities. Through your courses, you’ll have the opportunity to develop the skills needed to be effective in building, maintaining, and integrating a successful ministry focused on helping those in the church and community who have disabilities.
Courses in the BS in Religion cover a wide range of topics, so you can be confident that your education is well-rounded. Subjects include methodical study of Scripture, survey of the history of Christianity, research and writing for religious disciplines, and practical teaching of Scripture. You can also dive deep into studies of apologetics, books of the Bible such as Acts and Romans, church ministries, history of life, global studies, and biblical theology.
The specialization is built with a central focus on what makes a successful disability ministry. You can become equipped with the knowledge and tools needed to make a profound difference. Courses cover what disability ministry looks like in the church, how to foster accessibility and inclusion within a local church, approaches to congregational care with an understanding of disability ministry, and practical application of the theology of disability.
- CHMN 325 – Introduction to Disability Ministry in the Church
- CHMN 350 – Accessibility and Inclusion in Church Ministry
- CLCM 415 – Congregational Care in Disability Ministry
- THEO 305 – Theology of Disability
Course guides coming soon
Highlights of Our BS in Religion – Disability Ministry Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can finish the bachelor’s in religion – disability ministry in as little as 3.5 years!
- Become specialized in a type of ministry that your church might not yet offer and help your congregation reach more people.
BS in Religion – Disability Ministry Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Career Opportunities for Bachelor’s in Religion – Disability Ministry Graduates
- Church administrator
- Disability ministry leader
- Global worker
- Pastoral assistant
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
Official college transcripts
Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
High school self-certification form
Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.