Discover, Inspire, and Shepherd Online Audiences with Liberty’s B.S. in Religion – Digital Discipleship Degree
Are you looking to combine your love of religious studies with additional knowledge in digital discipleship ministries? Maybe you want to share the Gospel with as many people as possible, and you’re looking for a degree that can help you do just that. If so, Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Religion – Digital Discipleship can help equip you with essential skills that you can use to share God’s Word with digital audiences across the world.
Christianity provides truth that transcends time and medium. The growth of social media and digital platforms has created an entirely new opportunity for virtual discipleship. Because digital discipleship and evangelism is an emerging field, you may find that you lack the knowledge needed to successfully make disciples of Christ on virtual platforms. That’s why we created our digital evangelism and discipleship degree — to help you grow in your faith while learning in-demand digital media skills that can be used for God’s glory.
Our B.S. in Religion – Digital Discipleship is designed to help you strengthen your faith, develop valuable ministry skills, and become a Champion for Christ in a world that desperately needs the Gospel. Partner with us to learn skills that can help you make a difference in the world.
Why Choose Liberty’s B.S. in Religion – Digital Discipleship Degree?
At Liberty, we understand that you can’t afford to put your life on hold while working towards your degree. Our B.S. in Religion is offered 100% online in 8-week terms with no set login times, so you can complete your coursework when it is most convenient for you. Characterized by a strong, unwavering commitment to Scripture, our B.S. in Religion can help you understand and overcome challenges commonly faced by Christian leaders.
Our bachelor’s degree in religion is taught by experienced professionals who have years of experience in various forms of Christian ministry. Additionally, Liberty’s own successful history of digital discipleship has spanned decades — we’ve been pioneering distance education since 1985. If digital discipleship is a skill you would like to learn more about, choose a university that has helped lead students to Christ for years through a virtual format.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Religion – Digital Discipleship Degree?
Liberty’s bachelor’s degree in religion online offers you an in-depth study of the Christian faith. You will begin by studying both the Old and New Testaments as well as the basics of systematic theology. From there, your courses move into more advanced religious studies — including apologetics, Christian history, biblical theology, Acts, and Romans.
At Liberty, we strive to create impactful difference-makers who can articulate and defend the essential truths of evangelical Christianity. Our professors will challenge you to demonstrate skill in navigating, explaining, and applying the Bible to contemporary settings, including digital media.
The digital discipleship specialization can help you attract and shepherd believers using online platforms. In the digital discipleship and evangelism courses, you will study the biblical and theological underpinnings of digital ministry, methods for building community on virtual platforms, and techniques for developing a thriving digital ministry.
- CLCM 301 – Biblical and Theological Foundations of Digital Ministry
- CLCM 350 – Formation and Community in Digital Ministry
- CLCM 401 – Digital Discipleship
- CLCM 450 – Digital Ministry Development and Administration
Highlights of Our B.S. in Religion – Digital Discipleship Degree
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while pursuing your degree.
- You could potentially earn college credit for relevant life experience.
B.S. in Religion – Digital Discipleship Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for B.S. in Religion – Digital Discipleship Graduates
- Church social media manager
- Digital ministry assistant
- Digital ministry producer
- Online ministry coordinator
- Youth pastor
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
Official college transcripts
Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
High school self-certification form
Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.