Bring Hope and Healing to the Hurting with Liberty University’s Biblical Counseling Degree Online
Are you passionate about serving those who are struggling with the challenges of life? Do you want to gain a deeper understanding of Scripture and Christianity while exploring foundational topics in biblical counseling? If so, Liberty’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Religion – Christian Counseling program may be right for you!
By pursuing your degree in Christian counseling at Liberty University, you can train to work with married couples, families, and children as well as study important concepts in apologetics and theology. Our Christian religion degree provides a solid academic foundation that can help you pursue exciting job opportunities or continue your studies at the graduate level.
Christian counseling is quite different from regular professional counseling in many ways. While biblical counseling does require an understanding of psychological principles, it also relies on Scripture as the ultimate source of truth and wisdom.
Are you excited to study biblical counseling methods and prepare for a career that lets you serve as a beacon of hope in your community? At Liberty, you can gain vital Christian counseling training and learn how to come alongside those who are hurting or in need of guidance. Partner with us and see how far your online bachelor’s degree in Christian counseling can take you!
What is Christian counseling?
Christian counseling — also called “biblical counseling” — is a unique form of counseling that blends biblical principles with psychological concepts. Christian counselors use Scripture as a guiding tool to help them serve their clients effectively and address people’s spiritual, mental, and emotional needs.
Why Choose Liberty’s BS in Religion – Christian Counseling Degree Online?
At Liberty, we seek to offer programs that meet your needs as a student and as a professional. We’ve used our extensive experience in distance education to design an online Christian counseling degree that blends flexibility, accessibility, and high-quality academics. You can receive the Christian counselor training you need to prepare for rewarding opportunities.
You can complete your Christian counseling courses 100% online without having to take time off from work to attend classes on campus. You’ll have the freedom to earn your degree from the comfort of home and stay invested in your family, job, and community as you pursue your academic goals.
Each course at Liberty is taught from a biblical worldview, which is especially crucial for those planning to go into the Christian counseling field. Our faculty are firmly rooted in the Christian faith and committed to helping you thrive in your academic and professional life. By studying under professors who have years of real-world experience, you can develop your skill set and explore best practices in Christian counseling.
Additionally, Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). You can pursue your degree with confidence knowing that our Christian counseling program has met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements.
What can you do with a biblical counseling degree?
Liberty’s Christian counseling degree online can help you pursue non-licensure counseling roles or positions in church counseling and outreach settings. You could also use this bachelor’s degree to pursue a career in advocacy, case management, church administration, community relations, or lay ministry. For those who already work in a related field, this program can help you strengthen your skill set and serve more effectively in your community.
If you aspire to become a licensed counselor, you’ll typically need a master’s degree — and our bachelor’s in religion – biblical counseling degree online can help provide the foundational training you need to later pursue a master’s in clinical mental health counseling. Or, if you later decide to further your non-licensure counseling expertise, our online master’s in pastoral counseling program is a great option.
What Will You Learn in Our Religion and Christian Counseling Classes Online?
By pursuing Liberty University’s religion degree with a Christian counseling specialization, you can learn how to counsel from a Christian perspective and help people discover healing that lasts through the truth of Scripture. In this program, you’ll take a mix of religion and counseling courses so you can build a diverse, marketable skill set.
As you pursue your online Christian counseling degree at Liberty, you will learn from professors who possess a passion for Christ and extensive experience in the field. Throughout your Christian counseling courses, you’ll study under licensed clinical psychologists, vocational rehabilitation counselors, clinical counselors, and crisis intervention team members. By learning from their vast years of experience, you can prepare to address practical challenges in your career.
Our core religion courses cover a variety of topics, including apologetics, the history of Christianity, church ministry, research and writing for religious disciplines, and global studies. You can grow in your knowledge of Scripture as you study under ministry professionals in our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
Within the Christian counseling specialization, you will explore how Christian counseling and psychology intertwine as you learn about the major challenges facing today’s generations. Additionally, our courses will introduce you to the biblical basis for using counseling as a ministry. You can also learn how to counsel children, women, or families or take a course that covers issues in human sexuality.
- CCOU 202 – Issues of Christian Counseling
- CCOU 301 – Christian Counseling for Marriage and Family
- CCOU 302 – Christian Counseling for Children
- CCOU 305 – Issues in Human Sexuality
Highlights of Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Religion – Christian Counseling Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online bachelor’s degree in counseling from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You may be able to earn additional college credit through relevant life experience.
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- You can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal while pursuing your online Christian counseling degree.
Military Benefits for Our Online Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Counseling
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Biblical Counseling Degree Online Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our bachelor’s in Christian counseling degree online.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options with an Online Christian Counseling Degree
- Case management
- Church administration
- Community relations
- Lay ministry
Admission Requirements for Liberty University’s Christian Counseling Program Online
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.