Bring Hope and Healing with an Online Bachelor’s in Religion – Christian Counseling Degree
Liberty University’s bachelor’s degree in religion – Christian counseling online program is an excellent option for students with a passion for helping other’s overcome the challenges of life. Our bachelor’s degree in religion with a specialization in Christian counseling will prepare you for a rewarding career in marriage, family, or school counseling, by enriching your knowledge and understanding of counseling techniques from a Christian worldview.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Religion – Christian Counseling Degree Online?
Liberty University is proud to offer the Bachelor of Science in Religion – Christian Counseling degree 100% online so that you can pursue this program without disrupting your career or family life. Each course at Liberty is taught from a Christian worldview, which is especially crucial for those planning to go into the Christian counseling field. Liberty is one of the largest private, nonprofit universities in the nation and the largest university in Virginia. With affordable, quality education in our online Christian Counseling program, Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Religion – Christian Counseling Degree Program?
As you pursue your online religion – Christian counseling degree, you will learn from professors who possess the same passion for Christ as you and have real-world experiences in the field. You’ll be learning from licensed clinical psychologists, vocational rehabilitation counselors, clinical counselors, and crisis intervention team members. Learning from their vast years of experience, combined with your study of innovative research, will help you grow in practice and leadership. Our Christian counseling degree online classes will introduce you to the more prominent issues people are facing and the biblical basis for using counseling as a ministry.
Through courses like Marriage and Family Counseling and Counseling for Children, we will provide you with a strong understanding of the principles and practices of care.
- CCOU 202 – Issues of Christian Counseling
- CCOU 301 – Christian Counseling for Marriage and Family
- CCOU 302 – Christian Counseling for Children
- CCOU 305 – Issues in Human Sexuality
Graduates of our Christian Counseling program are prepared for a wide range of non-clinical positions in the counseling field, as well as advanced studies at the graduate or divinity level through some online master’s degree programs offered through Liberty.
Bachelor’s in Religion – Christian Counseling Degree Program Highlights
- By earning your online bachelor’s degree in religion – Christian counseling from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our Christian counseling degree programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue your B.S. in Religion – Christian Counseling online degree.
- Ability to earn additional credit through life experience.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Potential college credit for military training.
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Bachelor’s in Religion – Christian Counseling Degree Information
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Course Syllabi (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Bachelor’s in Religion – Christian Counseling Degree
- Non-licensed Christian counselor
- Lay ministry Christian counseling
- Case management
- Community relations
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for acceptance on caution. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High school self-certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.