Make Your Impact Worldwide With Liberty’s Online Minor in Global Studies
Nearly every industry can have a global reach in today’s world. With Liberty’s online minor in global studies, you can learn the cross-cultural communication skills you need to build bridges to new outreach opportunities. The minor in global studies can customize your bachelor’s degree to help you on your career path with a global concentration in areas like ministry, politics, international business, science, and more. You will obtain a new perspective on global affairs while looking at cross-cultural collaborations and economic links through our global studies courses.
The Minor in Global Studies online gives you the freedom to choose two courses from a list of available options so you can customize your minor. This flexibility can help you tailor your minor to fit with your specific career needs.
Why Choose a Minor in Global Studies?
Our mission to Train Champions for Christ extends to all our degree programs, as well as to our minors. We desire that every student graduates with the skills and training needed to impact the world. With a Minor in Global Studies online, our professors will help you integrate a biblical worldview with your career as you explore international opportunities.
Because our Minor in Global Studies courses are offered completely online, you can take these classes from the comfort of home without having to give up time at work, with family, and serving your community.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Global Studies Minor?
Students from every degree can benefit from adding a Minor in Global Studies to a bachelor’s degree. With a globalized economy, nearly every industry can have international reach, so almost any career at home or abroad can benefit from these skills. Students will also learn about comparative civilizations and can choose to take other courses about American Foreign Relations, the History of Africa, and more.
Minor in Global Studies Requirements (15 Hours)
- GLST 200 – Introduction to Global Studies
- GLST 220 – Intercultural Communication and Engagement
- GLST 290 – Cultural Anthropology
- Choose two of the following:
- GLST 380 – Global Studies Practicum
- GLST 385 – Career Preparation for Global Workers
- GLST 390 – Engaging Oral Communicators
- GLST 431 – Introduction to Islam
- GLST 485 – Engaging Tribal Cultures
- GLST 497 – Special Topics in Global Studies
- GLST 499 – Global Studies Internship
- RLGN 340 – Global Religious Movements
- RLGN 350 – World Religions