Become Salt and Light in the World with an Online Bachelor’s Degree in Cultural Engagement
Today’s world is complex. Every day we are confronted with moral questions related to war, gender, politics, human rights, and more. There is a desperate need for Christian leaders who can humbly and ethically engage with these pressing issues and reach people with the truth of God’s Word.
Liberty’s 100% online B.S. in Cultural Engagement is designed to equip you for culture-related writing, reflection, and teaching roles within church, parachurch, and nonprofit settings. Ministry leaders and Christian nonprofit workers alike need to understand the relationship between our culture and the church. By exploring the unique issues facing modern society, you can become an effective leader, thinker, and communicator.
Are you ready to engage with some of life’s hardest questions and explore the implications of Scripture for our hurting world? If so, partner with us. Liberty’s online bachelor’s in cultural engagement can help you develop a solid foundation in biblical truth and the tools needed to communicate across cultural lines.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Cultural Engagement Degree?
At Liberty, we’ve designed our cultural engagement bachelor’s degree with your success in mind. We’re committed to helping you grow academically, professionally, and spiritually so you can serve as a Champion for Christ through your career.
Earn a degree that fits your schedule. Our online cultural engagement program is offered in a 100% online, 8-week course format. You’ll have the freedom to complete your degree from the comfort of your home without having to relocate or take time off from work! And you can stay invested in the things that really matter — like your family, church, and community — while pursuing your academic goals.
In our cultural engagement program, you’ll study under professors who have years of real-world experience. Our faculty are firmly rooted in the Christian faith and committed to helping you fulfill God’s calling on your life. At Liberty, you aren’t just another student — you are treated as a unique individual who can impact the world for Christ.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Cultural Engagement Degree Online?
In this program, you will analyze a 3-pronged approach to cultural engagement. In particular, you’ll explore 1) what the Bible teaches about humanity and culture, 2) cultural influences that have shaped our society, and 3) practical methods for communicating on a variety of cultural issues. You’ll then synthesize your knowledge by completing a capstone project, allowing you to strengthen your research and writing skills while preparing for future employment.
As a Christian university, Liberty seeks to promote biblical application across numerous fields. Throughout this program, you will dive into a variety of relevant disciplines, including global studies, apologetics, theology, and biblical studies. You’ll also analyze important cultural issues like human rights, education, politics, and competing worldviews. Our degree will help you navigate the culture around you so you can more effectively reach people with the Gospel.
Other topics of study include:
- Biblical, theological, and practical foundations for contextualizing the Gospel in diverse cultural settings
- Contemporary systems of cultural engagement and the historical roots of these systems
- Key questions pertaining to theological anthropology and the doctrine of the Fall
- RLGN 210 – Introduction to Cultural Engagement
- RLGN 410 – Contextualization and Cultural Development*
- RLGN 480 – Cultural Engagement Capstone Seminar*
- THEO 310 – Theology of Humanity
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Cultural Engagement Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- The courses in this program are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- You can earn your bachelor’s in cultural engagement online in as little as 3.5 years!
Bachelor’s in Cultural Engagement Degree Program Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Bachelor’s Degree in Cultural Engagement Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Career Opportunities for Graduates of Our Cultural Engagement Program Online
- Christian advocacy group leader
- Church planter
- Education ministry director
- Missions director
- Nonprofit ministry leader
- Public policy group leader
- Publishing assistant
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Cultural Engagement Online Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.