Bring Your Career to Global Heights with Our Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies
Further your training and knowledge in cross-cultural communication and international engagement through pursuing our Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies. With professors committed to providing you with the skills you need for a successful career, you will gain a thorough understanding of the interconnections and interactions taking place across the world. Our Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies program can help you on your career path with a global concentration in areas like ministry, politics, international business, science and more. You will obtain a new perspective on global affairs while looking at cross-cultural collaborations and economic links through our global studies courses.
Why Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies Program?
By pursuing our Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies, you will further your education while still managing your family, workplace, community, and church responsibilities. Our 100% online format allows you to grow your global concentration skillset without the need to come to our residential campus and take a course. Our global studies courses are designed to produce Christ-centered leaders with the values, knowledge, and intercultural skills required to excel as individuals in their communities, lead as professionals in their concentration and serve as followers of Christ in the global context of the 21st century.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies
Our Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies will provide you with an in-depth study on the history, principles, and foundations of global engagement. Global Studies courses explore intercultural communication strategies and different principles for engaging in cross-cultural relations. You will study human behavior in your global concentration and how to improve relations between people while focusing on positive cross-cultural communication.
Our Global Studies classes will help you prepare for an intercultural career and equip you with the skills needed to participate in an international profession successfully. Our classes will also further your understanding of a Christian worldview, so you will be fully equipped to face challenges with a biblical understanding of how to proceed in your cross-cultural career.
- GLST 200 – Introduction to Global Studies
- GLST 220 – Intercultural Communication & Engagement
- GLST 290 – Cultural Anthropology
- GLST 385 – Career Preparation for Global Workers
- GLST 499 – Global Studies Internship
- THEO 201 – Theology Survey I
- THEO 202 – Theology Survey II
Highlights of the Online Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies
- By earning your Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- You can complete our Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies in about two semesters.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies Information
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for course specific information.
- This certificate falls under the School of Divinity.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set log in times.
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.