Have an Impact on a Global Scale by Earning an Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies
A certificate in global studies can further your training and knowledge in cross-cultural communication and international engagement. With Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies, you’ll learn under professors committed to providing you with the skills you need for a successful, international career. Your courses will help you gain a thorough understanding of the interconnections and interactions taking place across the world.
The global studies certificate program at Liberty can help you by providing a global concentration in areas like ministry, politics, international business, science, and more. You can use this program to obtain a new perspective on global affairs while looking at cross-cultural collaborations and economic links.
Why Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies Program?
By pursuing our Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies, you can further your education while still managing your family, workplace, and community responsibilities. Our 100% online format allows you to grow your global concentration skill set without the need to come to our residential campus.
Our global studies courses are designed to produce Christ-centered leaders with the values, knowledge, and intercultural skills required to excel as individuals in their communities, lead as professionals in their concentration, and serve as followers of Christ in the global context of the 21st century.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies?
Our Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies will provide you with an in-depth study of the history, principles, and foundations of global engagement. Global studies courses explore intercultural communication strategies and different principles for engaging in cross-cultural relations. You will study human behavior and how to improve relations between people while focusing on positive communication.
Our global studies classes will equip you with the skills needed to participate in an international profession successfully. Our classes will also further your understanding of a Christian worldview, so you will be fully equipped to face challenges with a biblical understanding of how to proceed in your career.
- GLST 200 – Introduction to Global Studies
- GLST 220 – Intercultural Communication and Engagement
- GLST 290 – Cultural Anthropology
- GLST 385 – Career Preparation for Global Workers
- GLST 499 – Global Studies Internship
- THEO 201 – Theology Survey I
- THEO 202 – Theology Survey II
Highlights of the Online Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies in about 2 semesters.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Undergraduate Certificate in Global Studies Information
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for course-specific information.
- This certificate falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set log in times
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.