Reach the World for Christ with Our BS in Religion – Global Studies Degree
Are you interested in working with different cultures and nations? Our Bachelor of Science in Religion – Global Studies degree is designed to help sharpen your understanding of global societies and the nuances of different cultures. With training in religion and an understanding of various nations, you can be more prepared to impact the nations in a variety of ways.
Understanding the importance of the differences in the international community is of utmost importance. With an education at Liberty, you can be confident in your ability to effectively work with people who are from a mix of different cultures.
If you are searching for a degree that can help you contribute to humanitarian needs, work with non-government organizations (NGOs), or meet spiritual or physical needs overseas, then our degree in global studies may be for you.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online BS in Religion – Global Studies Degree?
With our BS in global studies, you can foster an understanding of world religions and global issues so that you can effectively reach others. As you pursue your degree in global studies, your classes will be taught by talented faculty who have years of experience working internationally and who have advanced degrees in related areas of study. Our professors are dedicated to providing you with an education that can go the distance when working with people from all corners of the globe.
At Liberty, we believe that your degree should be accessible and affordable. That’s why our global studies degree is 100% online with no set login times. In addition, while other online Bible colleges and seminaries have raised their tuition, Liberty has not increased tuition in 9 years. With flexibility and affordability like this, you can remain invested in your family, job, and community while pursuing a top-notch education.
At Liberty, you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education. Whether you are just getting started or have years of experience in international settings, a degree in global studies can help you take the next step in achieving your goals.
What is a global studies degree?
As you pursue a degree in global studies, you can learn about traditional religions and cross-cultural engagement. With training in ministry and a better understanding of more diverse groups of people, you can be better prepared to engage in humanitarian, religious, or non-governmental organization (NGO) settings.
Is global studies a good major?
We believe global studies is an excellent major! A major in global studies can help equip you for a rewarding career. Whether you desire to pursue a career reaching others spiritually or work with nonprofit organizations, a global studies degree is dynamic and can help prepare you for a variety of exciting global studies jobs.
What is the difference between a global studies and international studies degree?
An international studies degree typically focuses on geopolitical issues and international politics. A bachelor’s degree in global studies focuses more on sharpening your understanding of different cultures while providing training in ministry.
What kind of job can I get with a global studies degree?
With our Bachelor of Science in Religion – Global Studies, you can be more prepared to work in many different fields. Whether you desire to work with government entities to further religious rights or work as an international missionary, our BS in global studies can help prepare you for a variety of careers.
What Will You Learn in Our BS in Religion – Global Studies Degree?
In our global studies degree, you will study different cultures and how to communicate effectively across cultural barriers. At Liberty, we seek to partner with you so that you can reach the ends of the earth with the training you receive. You will also dive into important aspects of international ministry from professors who have been around the world and have firsthand experience with different cultures. You can learn about how to interact with various cultures and how to effectively reach different people groups.
Throughout this program, you will study a variety of subjects, including:
- Beliefs of different religious movements
- Different cultural traditions and practices
- Historical/geographical development of major world religions
- Intercultural communication
With a deeper understanding of these subjects, you can be better equipped to reach diverse groups and nations.
- ETHM 411 – Music and Culture
- GLST 290 – Cultural Anthropology*
- GLST 385 – Career Preparation for Global Workers*
- RLGN 340 – Global Religious Movements
*Course guides available upon request
Bachelor’s in Religion – Global Studies Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online bachelor’s degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks.
- You have the potential to earn additional credit through relevant life experience.
- Liberty graduates are frequently sought after for employment opportunities for their integrity, personal discipline, and quality.
- As you pursue your BS in Religion degree, you will have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
B.S. in Religion – Global Studies Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Bachelor’s in Religion Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Options with a Global Studies Degree
As a graduate of our global studies degree, you may be able to pursue some of the following careers:
- Disaster relief coordinator
- Global worker
- International relations specialist
- Missions leader
Admission Requirements for Our Online B.S. in Religion – Global Studies
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.