Strengthen Your Ministry Knowledge and Training with an Online Ministry Certificate
Liberty University’s 100% online Christian Ministry Certificate is specifically designed to help you gain a deeper understanding of theology and biblical doctrine. Through 6 foundational courses, you will dig deeper into the Old and New Testaments with a special emphasis on key chapters and important persons, places, and events.
With fully online courses in church ministries, evangelism, and youth ministries, you will be prepared to help meet the needs of the various age groups within your church or ministry. Our Christian ministry certificate program can equip you with the knowledge and training you need to be successful. You can grow in your current role or explore other areas of ministry.
Career Opportunities for graduates of Our Christian Ministry Certificate
Our Undergraduate Certificate in Christian Ministry can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited christian ministry certificate:
- Church Administrator
- Counselor or Youth Counselor
- Ministerial Educator
- Pastor or Youth Pastor
- Religious Activities Director
What is a certificate of ministry?
A certificate of ministry is a program that allows you to quickly get the foundational training you need without committing to a full online ministry degree. The courses in this certificate cover a range of ministry-related topics. This can help you prepare to step into the field or improve your formal training as a current ministry professional.
For instance, if you’re looking for an online youth ministry certificate, this program can help! One of our courses specifically focuses on the needs of youth in ministry. You will have practical opportunities to interact with youth in your community to prepare you for your future in ministry.
*Data USA, at Religious workers, all other, 2019, (viewed online June 16, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Undergraduate Christian Certificate of Ministry?
A certificate program is a fast-track option to gain essential training without the commitment of a full online Christian ministry degree. Many of our Christian ministry students are already serving in their church or within another ministry. Our Christian Ministry Certificate is offered completely online, so you can continue to maintain other responsibilities without worrying about taking courses on campus.
What is the best online Bible college?
Choosing an online ministry school is an important decision. You want to be sure that you are choosing the program and the school that is right for you. We believe that our pastor certificate online can offer what you need.
- Our online ministry courses cover a broad range of topics to prepare you for most types of ministry.
- This certificate is 100% online, allowing you the flexibility to complete classes at your own pace while still pouring into your church and community.
- Our professors have real-life experience as pastors, missionaries, and church administrators that they will share with you in the virtual classroom.
- Our mission is Training Champions for Christ, and we are committed to helping you become an ethical, biblically-sound ministry professional.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ministry Classes?
Our online pastor certification features biblical studies and Christian education courses that cover exciting topics like evangelism and youth ministry. Check out the courses you’ll be taking in this certificate!
- BIBL 104 — Survey of Biblical Literature
- CHMN 201 — Introduction to Church Ministries
- EVAN 101 — Evangelism and Christian Life
- RLGN 104 — Christian Life and Biblical Worldview
- THEO 104 — Introduction to Christian Thought
- YOUT 201 — Survey of Youth Ministries
Online Ministry Certificate Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online preacher certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Flexibility, experienced professors, and a dedication to evangelical theology makes Liberty University one of the best Christian ministry schools online.
- You can complete our undergraduate certificate in Christian ministry in as little as 2 semesters.
- You may apply many of the credits you earn in this online certificate program to an associate degree or bachelor’s degree.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Certificate in Christian Ministry Program Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Christian Certificate Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.