Develop a Biblical Foundation for Helping Others with Liberty’s Online Biblical Counseling Degree
Are you interested in helping others through ministry and want to learn how to counsel biblically? The field of biblical counseling is growing fast, and many churches and ministries are looking for people who have both knowledge of the Bible and counseling skills. As a biblical counselor, you can guide and support those who are struggling with their mental health or spiritual issues. Being a Christian counselor means teaching others to look at their problems from a Christian perspective.
Liberty University offers a 100% online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Biblical Counseling, which can teach you how to use the Bible to help others. By earning this degree, you can develop the skills needed to communicate the Christian faith in counseling situations in a way that aligns with biblical values.
Why Choose Liberty’s BS in Biblical Counseling Degree?
If you are interested in pursuing a Christian counseling degree, Liberty University is an excellent choice. At Liberty, you’ll have the opportunity to receive a rigorous and well-respected education that can equip you with the resources and tools needed to enter into ministry.
Here are a few key benefits of earning your online degree through Liberty University:
- Classes are offered in flexible 8-week blocks, which means you can complete your degree from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Liberty University provides competitive tuition rates and a wide range of financial aid options to help you fund your education.
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Liberty University is one of the leading academic institutions of theological training, making it an ideal choice if you are interested in pursuing a degree in biblical counseling. With our accreditation, online programs, flexible course schedule, and commitment to academic quality and affordability, the online biblical counseling degree can help equip you with the tools needed to enter your desired career field.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Biblical Counseling Degree?
Our bachelor’s degree in biblical counseling provides you with a unique opportunity to integrate your Christian faith with counseling skills to help others in a profound way. You can gain the ability to effectively communicate accurate biblical truth using counseling methods that can result in mature, value-driven behavior. Gaining a holistic approach to counseling that considers both the psychological and spiritual aspects of a person’s life can be some of the skills you develop as a student in Liberty University’s online biblical counseling degree program.
During the BS in Biblical Counseling program, you’ll be taught an overview of both the theory and practice of biblical counseling. You will be provided with a theological framework through which you can help people analyze their problems and move toward lasting solutions. Courses within the program will also cover biblical topics and books of the Bible in detail, including the book of Acts, the Gospels, major and minor prophets, and the Pauline Epistles.
Additionally, you can learn how to interpret each major genre of both the Old and New Testaments. The program also includes introductory psychology classes, along with classes specifically designed to combine psychology with biblical principles. Throughout the program, you can gain skills in scholarly research of the Bible, effective communication of the Bible, and critical thinking with a biblical worldview.
- BCOU 210 – Introduction to Biblical Counseling
- BCOU 300 – Theological Basis for Biblical Counseling
- BCOU 310 – Biblical Counseling and the Psychologies
- BCOU 400 – Contemporary Issues in Biblical Counseling*
*Course guide coming soon
Bachelor’s in Biblical Counseling Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Biblical Counseling Graduates
- Counselor in a Christian school
- Homeless shelter director or counselor
- Ministry worker
- Substance abuse center director or counselor
- Women’s shelter director or counselor
Please note: Many counseling jobs require licensure. However, our BS in Biblical Counseling can help you pursue non-licensure roles and many counseling roles in a ministry setting that may not require licensure.
Highlights of Our Biblical Counseling Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- The BS in Biblical Counseling is aligned with the overall vision of the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, which is to come alongside the local church by providing training for leaders in ministry.
- The biblical counseling program is taught by Spirit-filled faculty who seek to help students develop the fruits of the Spirit.
Admission Requirements for Our Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.