Study the Bible to Prepare for Christian Leadership
Are you excited about your relationship with Jesus Christ and ready to help others grow in their faith? Liberty University’s Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies can help you prepare for a variety of ministry and teaching roles. You’ll gain the foundation you need to pursue ministry or continue your studies.
If you love the Lord, you are probably looking for ways to fulfill the Great Commission and bring the Word of God to others. By taking courses that focus on Bible study, theology, global engagement, and more, you’re equipping yourself with the knowledge and tools to make an impact for Christ. You can use your degree to go into a variety of ministry roles that will help you show others God’s love.
If you don’t want to start your career immediately after graduation, you may also consider using this program as a first step towards completing your bachelor’s degree. The A.A. in Biblical Studies will perfectly complement any of our divinity bachelor’s programs.
Why Choose Liberty’s Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies?
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. In keeping with that mission, we aim for excellence in all that we do. Here are some of the benefits of pursuing your degree with us:
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. You can rest assured that you’re earning your degree from an institution that has met rigorous accreditation standards and will be well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
- Your professors have years of real-life experience in ministry pastoring churches, writing Christian books, running ministries, doing missions work abroad, and more. They are excited to share what they’ve learned with you as you pursue your degree.
- Each of your courses is taught from an evangelical Christian perspective – so whether it’s a communication, science, or history course – biblical principles will be incorporated into your studies.
What Will You Learn in Our Biblical Studies Associate Degree?
Throughout your degree, you’ll be learning core skills that can be used in nearly any profession. You’ll take courses on communication, critical thinking, and cultural studies. These will give you foundational knowledge to help you succeed in your career or future studies.
In your biblical studies major courses, you’ll be studying topics like:
- How to research and write for religious disciplines
- Intercultural communication and engagement
- Methodical study of Scripture
- Old and New Testament backgrounds
- Theological interpretations of the Bible
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information!
- APOL 220 – Introduction to Apologetics
- BIBL 360 – Methodical Study of Scripture
- RLGN 301 – Research and Writing for Religious Disciplines
- THEO 360 – Theological Interpretation of Scripture
Highlights of Our Biblical Studies Associate Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online biblical studies degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online religion degrees has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete the associate degree in biblical studies in just 1.5 years.
- You will have networking opportunities with other students in the program from around the world.
A.A. in Biblical Studies Degree Information
- This programs falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online A.A. in Biblical Studies Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for Associate in Biblical Studies Graduates
- Activity director
- Camp counselor
- Devotional and applied Bible study curriculum developer
- Educational program director
- Enrollment counselor
- Executive director
- Kindergarten Bible teacher
- Ministry assistant
- Ministry director
- Parachurch teacher
- Prison ministry teacher
- Program supervisor
- Rescue mission ministry director
- Women’s ministry teacher
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.