Learn to Defend the Faith by Earning an Online Degree in Apologetics
Are you in search of Christian apologetics training? Perhaps you have worked in ministry before, or maybe you’re a new Christian seeking a better understanding of best practices to use in defense of the Christian worldview. If so, our 100% online Associate of Arts in Apologetics may be for you!
Our biblical apologetics courses can teach you how cultural trends, philosophy, and theories of knowledge relate to the Word of God — so you can become prepared to answer questions posed by skeptics and fellow Christians alike. Liberty’s associate degree in apologetics online is designed to equip you to address objections to your faith.
You will also learn to effectively engage with questions, doubts, and skepticism by responding intelligently and persuasively. This degree will aid you in gaining a deeper understanding of the Bible and modern thought. You can also gain a firm foundation in truth and sharpen your critical thinking skills so that you can engage others as they ask theological and biblical questions.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Associate in Apologetics Degree?
Liberty University is pleased to offer an associate degree in apologetics 100% online. Liberty’s commitment to academic excellence is demonstrated by our accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Your Christian apologetics degree can provide a foundation for a future degree in religion, the Bible, philosophy, or other degrees related to this field of study.
What Will You Learn in Our Associate Degree in Apologetics Online?
As a student in Liberty’s A.A. in Apologetics, you will study under experienced Christian apologists who are committed to Training Champions for Christ. Learn to connect Scripture with some of the most common faith questions and objections of today’s world.
Upon completion of your online apologetics degree, you can be prepared to explain and defend the essential truths of evangelical Christianity. One of our courses even explores author C.S. Lewis and how his apologetic approach can relate to the current cultural movement.
Apologetics is the defense of religious doctrines and faith.
The word comes from the Greek “apologia,” which means to “speak in defense.”
- APOL 220 — Introduction to Apologetics
- APOL 310 — Apologetics in a Secular Age
- APOL 330 — C.S. Lewis and the Apologetic Imagination
- RLGN 301 — Research and Writing for Religious Disciplines
Online Apologetics Degree Program Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Fields with a Degree in Apologetics
An associate degree in apologetics is a great way to begin or continue your college education. This program is a great fit for students who need to earn an associate degree for general career purposes or for students who want to work in various ministry-related fields.
Potential careers in apologetics include:
- Church administration
- National or international missions
- Youth or college ministry
Admission Requirements for the Associate Degree in Apologetics
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Benefits of Choosing Liberty University’s Online Associate Degree in Apologetics Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online Christian apologetics degree has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our associate degree in apologetics in about 1.5 years.
- While in the program, you can network with other students from around the country.