Learn How to Defend the Christian Faith by Earning an Online Apologetics Associate Degree
By studying the Word of God as well as modern cultural trends, philosophy, and theories of knowledge, you can be prepared to answer questions both skeptics and fellow Christians are asking today. Liberty’s associate degree in apologetics online is designed to equip you to answer and defend any questions or objections to your faith.
You will learn to effectively engage with questions, doubts, and skepticism by responding intellectually and persuasively. This degree will aid you in gaining a deeper understanding of the Bible as well as an understanding of modern thought. You will also gain a firm foundation in truth and sharpen your critical thinking skills so that you can engage others as they ask theological and biblical questions.
Apologetics is the defense of religious doctrines and faith.
The word comes from the Greek “apologia,” which means to “speak in defense.”
Why Choose Liberty’s Associate Degree in Apologetics Online?
Liberty University is pleased to offer an associate degree in apologetics 100% online. We are also proud of our accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Your Christian apologetics degree can provide a foundation for a future degree in religion, the Bible, philosophy, or other degrees related to this field of study.
What Will You Learn in Our Associate Degree in Apologetics Online?
As a student in Liberty’s A.A. in Apologetics, you will learn from faculty who are committed to Training Champions for Christ as you connect Scripture with some of the common faith questions and objections of today’s world. Once you complete your training, you will be able to articulate and defend the essential truths of evangelical Christianity. One of our courses even explores author C.S. Lewis and how his apologetic approach can relate to the current cultural movement.
Online Apologetics Degree Featured Courses
- APOL 220 — Introduction to Apologetics
- APOL 310 — Apologetics in the Secular Age
- APOL 330 — C.S. Lewis and the Apologetic Imagination
- RLGN 301 — Research and Writing for Religious Disciplines
Online Apologetics Degree Program Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Potential Career Fields with a Degree in Apologetics
An associate degree in apologetics is a great way to begin or continue your college education. This program is a great fit for students who need to show a completed associate degree for general career purposes or for students who want to work in various ministry or related fields.
Some potential career opportunities include:
- Church administration
- National or international missions
- Youth or college ministry
Admission Requirements for the Associate Degree in Apologetics
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Benefits of Choosing Liberty University’s Online Associate Degree in Apologetics Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online Christian apologetics degrees has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our associate degree in apologetics in about 1.5 years.
- While in the program, you can network with other students from around the country.