Capture and Preserve Life’s Important Moments with Liberty’s Digital Design Degree Online
Photography is much more than a hobby, something you do to fill scrapbooks, or a way to capture sunsets. Photography can be used to tell stories. Pictures encapsulate moments in time, document change, challenge beliefs, and inspire action by stirring emotions people may not realize they have. Photography epitomizes the youthful human spirit – free-willed and forward-looking yet nostalgic, distinctly poignant, and expressive of an unspoken yearning for something that is or once was.
Like any form of art, photography often requires training and practice to perfect it. That’s why Liberty University offers a 100% online Bachelor of Science in Digital Design – Photographic Design: to help you learn how to harness this power. Our bachelor’s degree in digital design – photographic design offers you invaluable resources and knowledge that you can use to take your career further.
Whether you hope to work for a marketing firm, become a freelance photographer, or pursue graduate studies, our digital design and photography classes online can help you achieve your professional goals. Don’t let the opportunity to earn a life-changing credential pass – partner with us, gain valuable knowledge, hone your skills, and become a standout storyteller with Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Digital Design – Photographic Design.
Why Choose Liberty’s Digital Media Degree Online – Photographic Design?
Our digital design degree online in photographic design can prepare you to experience and impact different cultures. Using state-of-the-art tools for industry-standard design and photography, this degree can teach you to create meaningful narratives and tell stories that capture the hearts and minds of audiences. In addition, this photographic design degree is taught by expert professors whose passion for design and photography is preceded only by their commitment to your success.
This photography degree program also allows you to gain real-world experience through a practicum and an internship. Our online photography degree gives you the opportunity to gain marketable, real-world experience that can help set you apart in job candidate pools.
In addition, our digital design and photography classes online can help you pursue in-demand careers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for photographers is projected to grow 17% by 2030: a rate much faster than the national average for job growth.* Liberty’s BS in Digital Design – Photographic Design could be your ticket to success in an in-demand career field.
Capitalize on this promising industry trend. Apply today, earn a degree that you can use to pursue a rewarding job, and turn your passion for photography and digital design into a career you’ll love.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Photographers (viewed online Sept. 23, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Digital Media Online Degree in Photography?
At Liberty, we strive to develop well-rounded graduates who use what they learn to serve individual clients, large companies, and small businesses alike. In addition to offering a set of general education courses, our BS in Digital Design – Photographic Design degree consists of 2 sections: core digital design courses and photography-specific courses.
In the core courses, you will be introduced to 2D and 3D design. You’ll also study the history of art, 20th– and 21st-century art, and how art intersects with culture and technology. The core section of our online digital design degree is rounded out by an introduction to graphic design.
In the photographic design specialization, you will study typography, vector illustration, and digital imaging. You will also have the opportunity to gain a more in-depth knowledge of graphic design. In addition, the photography specialization covers digital photography, professional practices for photographers, principles of marketing, and the fundamentals of editing. You will also study digital promotion techniques and strategic communication.
As part of our mission to Train Champions for Christ, our online classes in photographic and digital design incorporate a biblical worldview. We don’t just view digital and photographic design as areas of study, we view them as callings — ways to celebrate God’s creation and His intelligent design. Earning your online photography degree from Liberty can help you become a principled leader who pursues standards of personal and professional excellence.
- ARTS 214 – Art, Culture, and Technology
- ARTS 342 – Digital Imaging
- ARTS 361 – Digital Photography
- STCO 307 – Strategic Communication
Highlights of Our Digital Design – Online Photography Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Bachelor of Science in Digital Design from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Our online photography degree is taught by a group of expert professors who have years of experience in digital design and photography.
BS in Digital Design – Photographic Design Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Communication and the Arts.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Communication and the Arts Course Guides (login required).
- You will receive hands-on training through a 90-hour practicum and a 180-hour internship.
Military Benefits for the Digital Design and Photography Online Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Digital Design – Online Photography Degree Graduates
- Book artist
- Photographic journalist
- Production artist
- Professional photographer
Admission Requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Digital Design – Photography Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.