Lead Your Community Through Sports with Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Outreach
Do you have an interest in using sports to have a positive influence on your community? As a global language, athletics can be one of the most effective means of outreach that a person can possess. Liberty University’s 100% online bachelor’s degree in sports management with a focus on sports outreach provides the specialized training you will need to effectively manage and lead in outreach roles.
Our sports outreach courses will help you understand the history of sports and provide the skills necessary for utilizing sports as a ministry tool. Students who are passionate about sports can use this platform for ministry in countless ways.
Why Choose Our Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management – Sports Outreach?
In our B.S. in Sports Management degree, you will learn from seasoned educators and professionals who have experience in sports outreach and its impact on communities. By earning your bachelor’s degree from Liberty, you can gain the credentials you need to go out and pursue many different career and job opportunities within your field.
By earning your bachelor’s degree in sports management from Liberty, you will receive a degree that will be respected in your field. You may also follow in the footsteps of past graduates who had the opportunity to intern with organizations like Adidas HQ (Germany), the Washington Football Team, DC United, and Push the Rock. Use your love of sports to reach others and provide a positive influence in your community!
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor in Sports Management – Sports Outreach Degree?
In Liberty’s sports outreach bachelor’s degree, you will study the history of sports, sports law, marketing, and finance. If you are pursuing leadership or management roles within a sports organization, obtaining this foundational knowledge can help ensure success for your career. Our B.S. in Sports Management – Sports Outreach focuses on the global aspect of organized sports as well, so you can be confident that your skill set will help prepare you for various ministry opportunities.
- SGMT 321 – Global Sport Outreach
- SGMT 401 – Sport Methodology, Methods, and Practices
- SGMT 404 – Administration and Organization in Sport and Recreation
- SGMT 410 – Sport Marketing
Sports Management Degree Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online sports management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- While pursuing your degree, you can choose to intern at well-known sports organizations and sport-related businesses.
Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Our Bachelor’s in Sports Management
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Potential Career Options for Sports Management Degree Graduates
Community recreational director
- Sports chaplain
Sports communication and public relations specialist