Be a Leader On and Off the Field with Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Sports Administration Degree
Liberty University’s B.S. in Sports Management – Sports Administration degree provides the specialized training you need to effectively lead and manage sports teams, facilities, and sporting events. Our undergraduate sports management degree can equip you for a career in public recreation and park systems, volunteer agencies, facility and event management, intercollegiate athletics, professional sports organizations, and community-based amateur athletic programs.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Administration?
Liberty University is one of the leading universities in the nation offering both residential and online degree programs. Our residential campus in historic Lynchburg Va. houses a wide variety of excellent athletic programs and facilities. Throughout our sports management degree program, you will receive instruction from seasoned educators and professionals in sports administration who understand the complexities of sports management.
By pursuing your college education with Liberty, you will be earning a degree from a university that is nationally recognized for prestigious education as well as lauded for state-of-the-art athletics programs and facilities. You may also follow in the footsteps of past graduates who had the opportunity to intern with organizations like Adidas HQ (Germany), the Washington Redskins, DC United, and Push the Rock.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor in Sports Management – Sports Administration Program?
Understanding the rules and regulations for various sports federations and leagues will allow you to use research and data to make effective managerial decisions. Throughout our online bachelor’s degree in sports administration, you will study managerial strategies for sports teams, sports leagues, and recreational facilities. You will also study sports finance and marketing, where you will learn how to care for the financial records of sports teams as well as how to best market the team to the public.
- SMGT 305 – Sports Law and Ethics
- SMGT 312 – Introduction to Sport Ministry Outreach
- SMGT 404 – Administration and Organization in Sport and Recreation
Our B.S. in Sports Management Degree Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You will have the opportunity to intern with well-known sports organizations and sports-related businesses.
Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Information
- Our B.S. in Sports Management is housed under the School of Business.
- Review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Master’s in Sports Management Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Admission Requirements for the Bachelor’s in Sports Management
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Potential Careers for Sports Administration Degree Graduates
- Collegiate athletic administrator
- Facility and arena manager
- Sports communication and public relations manager
- Sports marketer