Turn Your Passion for Sports into a Career by Earning an Online Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree
If you are passionate about the world of sports, then consider a career that will allow you to be close to the field, gym, and competition. Liberty University’s bachelor’s degree in Sports Management will help you gain the skills, knowledge, and experience needed for effective leadership and management of sports teams, facilities, and sporting events.
By earning our Sports Management degree, you will be prepared to pursue careers in public recreation and park systems, volunteer agencies, intercollegiate athletics, professional sports organizations, and community-based amateur athletic programs. By completing our undergraduate sports management program, you will have more career opportunities due to your foundational knowledge in all facets of sports management.
Why Choose Our Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management?
Liberty University is one of the leading universities in the nation offering both residential and online degree programs. Our residential campus, in historic Lynchburg Virginia, houses a wide variety of excellent athletic programs and facilities. Our experienced professors will guide and instruct you in the ins and outs of the sports world. Your bachelor’s degree in Sports Management from Liberty University will be well respected and provide the credentials you need to add to your resume.
You may also follow in the footsteps of past graduates who had the opportunity to intern with such fine organizations as Adidas HQ (Germany), the Washington Redskins, DC United, and Push the Rock. The future is yours! Combine your love of sports with a practical passion for business in this sports management degree.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree?
As you begin our Sports Management online bachelor’s degree, you will learn about the history of sports, which allows you to gain a broad perspective of the industry as a whole. You will also learn about some of the amazing leaps in communication technology and how it has affected various sports over the years. A thorough understanding of administration and organization are key to any successful sports management career, and through our online sports management program, you will learn these skills and more.
Sports Management Degree Highlights
- By earning your bachelor’s in Sports Management degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You will have the opportunity to intern at some well-known sports organizations and sports-related businesses.
Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Information
- Our B.S. in Sports Administration program is housed under the School of Business.
- Review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Course Syllabi (login required)
Master’s in Sports Management Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Admission Requirements for the Bachelor’s in Sports Management
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official College Transcripts if available
- Unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Sports Management – Sports Administration Degree Potential Career Options
Facility and Arena Management
Ticket Operations and Sales