Turn Your Passion for Sports into a Career by Earning an Online Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree
If you are passionate about the world of sports, then consider a career that will allow you to be close to the field, gym, and competition. Liberty University’s bachelor’s degree in sports management will help you gain the skills, knowledge, and experience needed for effective leadership and management of sports teams, facilities, and sporting events.
By earning our sports management degree, you will be prepared to pursue careers in public recreation and park systems, volunteer agencies, intercollegiate athletics, professional sports organizations, and community-based amateur athletic programs. By completing our undergraduate sports management program, you will have more career opportunities due to your foundational knowledge in all areas of sports management.
Why Choose Our Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management?
Liberty University is one of the leading universities in the nation offering both residential and online degree programs. Our residential campus in historic Lynchburg, Va., houses a wide variety of excellent athletic programs and facilities. Your bachelor’s degree in sports management from Liberty University will be well-respected and provide the credentials you need to add to your résumé.
Our experienced professors will guide and instruct you on working in the sports world. You may also follow in the footsteps of past graduates who had the opportunity to intern with organizations like Adidas HQ (Germany), the Washington Football Team, DC United, and Push the Rock. So combine your love of sports with a practical passion for business in this sports management degree.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree?
As you begin our sports management online bachelor’s degree, you will learn about the history of sports, which allows you to gain a broad perspective of the industry as a whole. You will also learn about some of the amazing leaps in communication technology and how it has affected various sports over the years. A thorough understanding of administration and organization are key to any successful sports management career, and through our online sports management program, you will learn these skills and more.
- SMGT 201 — History of Sport
- SMGT 310 — Communication Technology in Sport
- SMGT 404 — Administration and Organization for Sport and Recreation
- SMGT 406 — Issues and Trends in Sports
Sports Management Degree Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online B.S. in Sports Management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You will have the opportunity to intern with well-known sports organizations and sports-related businesses.
Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Information
- Our B.S. in Sports Administration program is housed under the School of Business.
- Review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for the Bachelor’s in Sports Management
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Sports Management Potential Career Options
- Facility and arena management
Ticket operations and sales