Bring People Together with Our BS in Sports Management – Conference and Event Management Degree
If you love bringing people together to experience a successful meeting, event, or party, then you may want to consider earning a Bachelor of Science in Sports Management – Conference and Event Management. With training in conference and event management, you can better prepare to meet the dynamic needs of clients in a variety of settings. Our bachelor’s degree in sports management with a specialization in conference and event management online is designed to train you on the latest issues, trends, and associated concerns of event management and planning in sporting and non-sporting venues, smaller event venues, and hotel meeting spaces.
At Liberty, we seek to provide the knowledge and experience you need to lead in event planning with excellence and integrity. Our professors seek to help equip you with the skills you need to plan professional events like hotel conventions, corporate events, product launches, weddings, and other celebrations. With the sports management skills that you can hone with this degree, including sport law and ethics, sport communication, and sport finance, you can prepare to take the next step in the exciting world of sports management.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online BS in Sports Management – Conference and Event Management Degree?
At Liberty, you don’t have to sacrifice quality for flexibility. Because our conference and event management degree can be completed 100% online with no set login times, you can stay active at work, with your family, or in your church and community. In addition, our talented and experienced faculty are some of our most valuable resources. Throughout this degree program, you will learn from professors who have both education and experience in the hospitality industry. You can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can be confident that your degree holds the credentials you need to pursue job opportunities in conference and event management-related fields. You may want to follow in the footsteps of past graduates who had the opportunity to intern with organizations like Adidas HQ (Germany), the Washington Commanders, DC United, and Push the Rock. Combine your love of sports with your passion for business in our sports management degree.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Sports Management – Conference and Event Management Degree Program?
As you pursue your bachelor’s degree in conference and event management, you will study basic management principles and apply them directly to the sports entertainment field. Our online event planning courses blended with our sport management courses provide a rich curriculum that aims to prepare you for a variety of roles in the sports management field.
This degree also provides instruction on how to manage smaller, non-sporting venues, such as hotel convention rooms, conference centers, theaters, performing arts centers, exposition centers, and other facilities for events such as trade shows, weddings, internal and external business events, and more. With our sports event management degree online, you can confidently enter the sports management field – as well as many other industries that require event planning skills – and turn knowledge into wisdom.
You will also study how to bring a team together to accomplish a detailed plan. Understanding the people who work for you and fostering the relationships within your team is key to your success as you embark on a career in this exciting and growing industry. At Liberty, you can become more equipped to effectively communicate through oral, written, and technological methods to increase your value and ability to manage a complicated event schedule.
- BUSI 313 – Foundations of Project Management
- EMGT 320 – Special Events Management
- EMGT 420 – Conference and Meeting Management*
- SMGT 440 – Guest Service in Sport Venues
*Course guide coming soon
Bachelor’s in Sports Management – Conference and Event Management Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online sports management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Complete your internship at well-known sports organizations or sport-related businesses and gain hands-on experience in the field.
Bachelor’s in Sports Management – Conference and Event Management Degree Information
- Our B.S. in Sport Management degrees fall under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Conference and Event Management Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Admission Requirements for Our Online Bachelor’s in Sports Management – Conference and Event Management
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Sports Management – Conference and Event Management
Whether you want to plan events for sports organizations or manage conventions, there are endless opportunities for sports management – conference and event management graduates. Explore some potential career opportunities below:
- Conference planner
- Convention service manager
- Corporate planner
- Hotel convention manager
- Meeting/event planner