Bring People Together with Our B.S. in Sports Management — Conference and Event Management Degree
If you love bringing people together to experience a successful meeting, event, or party, then you should consider earning a bachelor’s degree in sports management with a specialization in conference and event management. Our bachelor’s degree program is designed to train you on the latest issues, trends, and associated concerns of event management and planning in non-sporting venues, smaller event venues, and hotel meeting spaces.
Here at Liberty, we’ll provide the knowledge and experience you need to lead in event planning with excellence and integrity. Our professors and departmental staff will equip you with the skills you need to plan professional events like hotel conventions, corporate events, product launches, weddings, and other celebrations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online B.S. in Sports Management – Conference and Event Management Degree?
As one of the largest Christian universities in the nation, we have the resources and authority to provide you with a top-notch education that is well-respected in the industry you pursue. You will not have to sacrifice quality for flexibility. Because our conference and event management degree can be completed 100% online, you can stay active at work, with your family, or in your church and community.
Throughout this degree program, you will learn from professors who have both education and experience in the hospitality industry. Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so your degree holds the credentials you need to pursue job opportunities in conference and event management-related fields.
You may also follow in the footsteps of past graduates who had the opportunity to intern with organizations like Adidas HQ (Germany), the Washington Redskins, DC United, and Push the Rock. Combine your love of sports with your passion for business in this sports management degree.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Sports Management — Conference and Event Management Degree Program?
As you pursue our bachelor’s degree in conference and event management, you will learn basic management principles and apply them directly to the sports entertainment field. This degree provides instruction on how to manage smaller, non-sporting venues such as hotel convention rooms, conference centers, theaters, performing arts centers, exposition centers, and other facilities for events such as conferences, trade shows, weddings, internal and external business events, and more.
You will also learn how to bring a team together to accomplish a detailed plan. Understanding the people who work for you and how to develop the relationships within your team will be key to your success as you embark on a career in this exciting and growing industry. You will learn to effectively communicate through oral, written, and technological methods to increase your value and ability to manage a complicated event schedule.
- BUSI 313 – Foundations of Project Management
- EMGT 320 – Special Events Management*
- EMGT 420 – Conference and Meeting Management*
- SMGT 440 – Guest Service in Sport Venues*
*Course guide not yet available
Bachelor’s in Sports Management — Conference and Event Management Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online sports management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You will have the opportunity to intern at well-known sports organizations and sport-related businesses.
Bachelor’s in Sports Management — Conference and Event Management Degree Information
- Our B.S. in Sport Management degrees fall under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Admission Requirements for Our Online Bachelor’s in Sports Management – Conference and Event Management
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Sports Management – Conference and Event Management
- Conference planner
- Convention service manager
- Corporate planner
- Hotel convention management
- Meeting/event planner