Help Build Tomorrow’s Financial Systems with an Accounting Information Systems Degree
If you’re seeking an exciting career in business and technology, Liberty can help! Our 100% online B.S. in Information Systems (IS) – Accounting Information Systems degree will help you gain the technical expertise, business acumen, and interpersonal skills you need to succeed. You’ll learn how to design and manage information systems that collect, process, and store financial data.
Prepare to launch a career in one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. Whether you’re looking to switch career paths or enter the workforce for the first time, our accounting information systems (AIS) degree is a great option.
This program explores important leadership and communication techniques. You’ll also develop in-demand technical skills. That way, you can develop and manage effective accounting software for your business.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
What is an accounting information system (AIS)?
An AIS (accounting information system) is a computer system used to process accounting data. Companies of all sizes use these systems to store and record financial transactions. AIS professionals help design and oversee these systems so that businesses can keep track of data relating to invoices, inventory, revenue, financial statements, and more.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Accounting Systems Degree?
Prepare to launch your information systems career — without putting your life on hold.
At Liberty, we are dedicated to excellence and integrity. Our accounting information systems classes are taught by seasoned faculty with years of real-world business experience. By learning from these industry experts, you can gain valuable skills and insider tips that will help set you apart from the competition.
Earn a degree that fits your schedule. Liberty’s accounting information systems degree program is available 100% online — and with no set login times. You can complete your coursework from anywhere in the world, without having to relocate or take time off from work to attend classes on campus. The best part? You’ll have the freedom to stay invested in your family and career while completing your degree!
Liberty has been a pioneer in distance learning since 1985. A lot has changed since then, but our commitment to Training Champions for Christ has not. All of our courses integrate biblical principles with professional knowledge, so you can lead in your industry with integrity. You’ll be equipped to make business decisions that are both financially and ethically sound.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a B.S. in Accounting Information Systems degree?
Liberty’s B.S. in AIS program provides a firm foundation in accounting practices and information technology (IT) resources. Additionally, our courses seek to hone your leadership skills. That way, you won’t just know how to design accounting information systems — you can manage these systems and equip teams of employees to accomplish your company’s goals.
What’s the difference between accounting information systems and accounting information technology?
Liberty’s information technology (IT) programs equip students to work as programmers or software developers. In other words, an IT degree is primarily technical. In contrast, our IS degrees explore the holistic management of technology, people, and business processes.
What is the average accounting information systems salary?
Your salary as an AIS professional may vary depending on the exact career path you choose. By completing our accounting information systems online courses, you can pursue a variety of lucrative job opportunities.
Many graduates from this program go on to become information systems managers. The average salary for this profession is $146,360 per year.* Or perhaps you’ll work as an accountant or auditor. These jobs offer an average salary of $71,550 per year.**
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Computer and Information Systems Managers (viewed online October 26, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Accountants and Auditors (viewed online October 26, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Accounting Information Systems Courses?
Develop the technical, management, and accounting skills needed to launch your AIS career.
Throughout this program, you’ll learn how to create and manage financial information systems. With this knowledge, you can use technology to solve business problems and discover more efficient ways to handle your company’s data.
This degree includes several core IS courses. You’ll explore topics like business law, managerial accounting, application programming, web architecture, system design and analysis, and IS project management. By gaining foundational knowledge in these areas, you can develop a diverse skill set that will be useful in a variety of jobs.
Our AIS training includes a multidisciplinary approach to business, accounting, and information technology. Within the AIS cognate, you’ll take auditing and accounting courses and explore how accounting information systems function in today’s business world.
AIS systems play a vital role in helping business owners make informed decisions and streamline operations. By learning how to carry out IT audits and launch new IS processes, you can help your company manage every aspect of its accounting data — including balance sheets, bookkeeping software, bank reconciliations, and more!
- ACCT 301 – Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT 332 – Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 404 – Auditing
- ACCT 432 – IT Audit
Highlights of Liberty’s Information Systems Accounting and IT Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our bachelor’s in accounting information systems is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- You can complete this online AIS degree in under 4 years!
- Our accounting information systems courses are only 8 weeks long, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- After completing this IS and accounting degree, you’ll be eligible to pursue certifications in Cisco, Java, and more!
Accounting Information Systems Degree Online Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan for our accounting information systems degree.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Bachelor of Science in Accounting Information Systems
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
B.S. in Accounting Information Systems – Job Opportunities
Liberty’s accounting information systems courses online will equip you for success in many different AIS jobs. You can graduate ready to work in the field of accounting, business, or technology. Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Accounting information systems specialist
- Accounting systems auditor
- Data analyst
- Information systems engineer
- Systems analyst
Admission Requirements for Our Accounting Information Systems Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.