Pursue Your Passion for Technology and People with Our Bachelor’s in Informatics – Healthcare Informatics Degree Online
At Liberty University, your success is our success. So you can be assured that as you pursue your online bachelor’s in Healthcare Informatics degree, you are receiving the training you need for an exciting career in the healthcare industry. Our healthcare informatics bachelor’s degree at Liberty University is offered 100% online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus.
The Informatics (INFO) discipline provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to manage the relationship between information systems and people. The informatics program integrates social sciences with multidimensional information systems to develop the ability to evaluate complex information processing.
Why Choose Liberty’s B.S. in Healthcare Informatics Degree?
Our Bachelor of Science in Informatics – Healthcare Informatics online degree program is an industry leader in medical informatics degrees. You will learn from professionals with real-world experience in clinical and leadership settings. You will be immersed in medication administration and pharmacology terminology in today’s healthcare system and analyze the structure and organization of the medical coding function. Our online healthcare informatics degree format is designed to help you pursue your passion. You want more than a career – you want to make an impact. With our healthcare informatics degree online, you can gain the knowledge and training you will need to lead and impact tomorrow’s world.
What Will You Learn in Our Healthcare Informatics Online Bachelor’s Degree Program?
Liberty’s healthcare informatics degree online professors are chosen with you in mind. As you pursue our clinical informatics degree, you will learn from professors who began with your same passion. The faculty at Liberty have experience as business owners, district managers, project managers, controllers, management development instructors, and nearly every specialty in the field of healthcare informatics touches in a clinical and administrative setting. You will learn from their vast years of experience, combined with your knowledge, to grow in practice and leadership.
Bachelors in Healthcare Informatics Online Degree Information
- The optional internship provides real-world experiences and networking opportunities.
- Our online Healthcare Informatics bachelors degree falls under the School of Business.
- View the Undergraduate Course Guides for your online health informatics classes(login required).
- Download and review the bachelors in Healthcare Informatics degree’s online Degree Completion Plan.
Students have the option to complete an internship as one of their elective requirements in the healthcare informatics program. The School of Business recommends utilizing the Career Center, the LU Network, Internships.com, and the Washington Fellowship to find an internship site.
Our School of Business emphasizes building up Champions for Christ who lead in the business world with strength and integrity. Our focus on commitment, service, and learning is a joint effort between faculty, students, and the God they serve.
Military Benefits for the Online BS in Healthcare Informatics
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for military training.
Potential Career Options with a Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Informatics
- Clinical Informatics Specialist
- Clinical Data Specialist
- Informatics Manager
- Healthcare/Medical Database Administrator
- Medical Informatics Project Manager
- Medical Records and Health Information Technician
Liberty University’s online Healthcare Informatics degree is designed to help you reach your career goals. This degree program will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to enter your field with confidence.
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Pursuing Liberty’s Information Technology Degree Online
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past three years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your online bachelors in Healthcare Informatics degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Students pursuing our BS in Healthcare Informatics degree online will have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
- Increased job opportunities after completing your bachelors of Healthcare Informatics degree.