Pursue Your Passion for Technology and People with Our Bachelor’s in Informatics – Healthcare Informatics Degree Online
At Liberty University, your success is our success. As you pursue your online bachelor’s degree in healthcare informatics with us, you are receiving the training you need for an exciting career in the healthcare industry. Our healthcare informatics bachelor’s degree at Liberty University is offered 100% online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus.
The informatics discipline provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to manage the relationship between information systems and people. The informatics program integrates social sciences with multidimensional information systems to evaluate complex information processing.
Why Choose Liberty’s B.S. in Healthcare Informatics Degree?
Our Bachelor of Science in Informatics – Healthcare Informatics online degree program is an industry leader in medical informatics degrees. You will learn from professionals with real-world experience in clinical and leadership settings. You will be immersed in today’s healthcare medication administration and pharmacology terminology, analyzing the structure and organization of medical coding. Our online healthcare informatics degree is designed to help you pursue your passion. You want more than a career — you want to make an impact. With our healthcare informatics degree online, you can gain the knowledge and training you need to lead and impact tomorrow’s health systems.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). A quality degree program from an accredited institution allows you to be confident that the training and education you are receiving meets the highest level of academic standards. We are proud to help you pursue your passion by offering a healthcare informatics degree that is available 100% online. With this flexibility and freedom, you can remain active in your current schedule while working toward a better future. Obtain a degree that will allow you to serve others and increase the efficiency of the healthcare system at your hospital or clinic.
What Will You Learn in Our Healthcare Informatics Online Bachelor’s Degree Program?
Liberty’s online healthcare informatics degree professors are chosen with you in mind. As you pursue our clinical informatics degree, you will learn from professors who possess the same passion you have for this field of study. The faculty at Liberty have experience as business owners, district managers, project managers, controllers, management development instructors, and in nearly every specialty that the field of healthcare informatics touches in a clinical and administrative setting. You will learn from their vast years of experience as you grow in practice and leadership.
- INFO 310 – Foundations of Pharmacology
- INFO 320 – Healthcare Informatics
- INFO 321 – Healthcare Coding and Classification
- INFO 410 – Healthcare Enterprise Systems
Bachelor’s in Healthcare Informatics Online Degree Information
- The optional internship in this program provides real-world experiences and networking opportunities.
- This degree falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the bachelor’s in healthcare informatics Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- Students have the option to complete an internship as one of their elective requirements in the healthcare informatics program. The School of Business recommends utilizing the Career Center, the LU Network, and the Washington Fellowship to find an internship site.
- Our School of Business emphasizes building up Champions for Christ who lead in the business world with strength and integrity. Our focus on commitment, service, and learning is a joint effort between faculty, students, and the God we serve.
Military Benefits for the Online B.S. in Healthcare Informatics
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential college credit for military training.
Potential Careers with a Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Informatics
- Clinical data specialist
- Clinical informatics specialist
- Healthcare/medical database administrator
- Informatics manager
- Medical informatics project manager
- Medical records and health information technician
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Pursuing Liberty’s Healthcare Informatics Degree Online
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- You may be eligible to earn additional college credit through life experience.
- This program is offered in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
- While pursuing our B.S. in Healthcare Informatics degree online, you will have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
- You can experience increased job opportunities after completing your bachelor’s degree in healthcare informatics.