Expand Your Technical Capabilities with Our Undergraduate Certificate in Data Networking
Liberty University’s Undergraduate Certificate in Data Networking provides basic training in network monitoring and new ways to combat security issues through real-world applications. With the field of information technology constantly growing, you will be taught how to work with the most recent applications on the market so you are confident when displaying and applying your skill set in the future.
Our Undergraduate Certificate in Data Networking can help you get on the fast track to understanding IT and network security. Our courses are designed to raise your level of expertise in data networking and your ability to adapt to future technology. As one of the largest Christian universities in the world, we are proud to offer a world-class education.
Career Opportunities for Undergraduate Certificate in Data Networking Graduates
Our Undergraduate Certificate in Data Networking can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited data networking certificate:
- Data communication analyst
- IT infrastructure technician
- IT technician
- Network and systems administrator
- Network security specialist
- Operations specialist
The analytical, technical, and communication skills that you gain from our certificate in data networking can be an asset in many other aspects of the IT field as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the bachelor’s in data networking and security.Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a data networking certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Network and Computer Systems Administrators (viewed online June 21, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Data Networking?
At Liberty University, we are committed to Training Champions for Christ. We know it can be a challenge to learn networking with a busy schedule, which is why you can complete our Undergraduate Certificate in Data Networking 100% online. At Liberty, you can receive a quality, well-rounded education while still making an impact on your family, job, church, and community.
While you pursue our Undergraduate Certificate in Data Networking, you will have access to an abundance of IT-based resources that can help further your knowledge and credentials. Data networking is a useful certificate to have as today’s world is driven by data. Taking networking classes online with Liberty can help you achieve your goals – especially since our courses are taught by talented faculty who have years of experience in their field and who share your passion for data networking and impacting the world for Christ.
What Will You Learn in Our Undergraduate Certificate in Data Networking?
Our Undergraduate Certificate in Data Networking features online networking courses that provide training in the areas of information systems, technology, networking, network security, network infrastructure, and communication data applications.
You will also study:
- Application of network components and devices to provide a business with internetworking capabilities.
- E-commerce industry and the impact it has on relatable technology.
- Implementation of data security measures into business and organizational processes to ensure the security and safety of customer data.
- Key networking concepts to provide network services.
- Process for building websites for selling virtual and physical products.
Our network certificate program consists of networking courses that can help you understand computer and data networks. Network and computer systems administrators made more than double the median salary in 2020!* Having a deeper understanding of network design can help you pursue a rewarding career as a network administrator or IT professional.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Outlook Handbook, Network and Computer Systems Administrators (viewed online April 14, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
- CSIS 100 – Introduction to Information Sciences and Systems
- CSIS 330 – Business Data Communication Systems
- CSIS 331 – Networks
- CSIS 335 – Network Security
- CSIS 430 – Advanced Networking and Communication Systems
- CSIS 470 – Executives Perspectives on E-Commerce Technology
Highlights of Our Online Undergraduate Certificate in Data Networking
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty graduates are frequently sought after for employment opportunities for their integrity, personal discipline, and quality.
Undergraduate Certificate in Data Networking Information
- This certificate falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts