Become a Valuable Resource in Any Business with Our Online Human Resource Management Bachelor’s Degree
Any good manager knows that a business’s most valuable asset is its people. Making sure that employees’ benefits are managed effectively helps make the day-to-day operation move forward without a hitch. With Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Human Resource Management, you can develop the tools to manage business needs while keeping your employees happy and effective.
At Liberty, we are committed to helping you meet this task head-on with confidence and excellence. With our online human resources degree, you will have the balance of leadership expertise and best practices in human resources in business. Our 100% online HR management degree is designed to help you build up an organization from the foundation of ethical business practice and effective human resource management.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
Why Choose Liberty’s B.S. in Business Administration – Human Resource Management Degree Online?
A bachelor of human resource management can prepare you for many unique challenges that businesses and organizations face. While every professional learns some skills and techniques in business management, human resources skills are a critical missing piece in most professionals’ toolsets. Without having an HR and business management background, organizations in every industry may struggle with employee benefits, government compliance requirements, and many legal requirements. If you have business resource management skills for HR, you can be an asset for almost any business, government agency, or nonprofit.
If you have a business management major in human resources, you can take advantage of new opportunities opening up in the field. Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates that the job market for human resource managers will increase by 6% between 2019 and 2029, which is faster than the average across all occupations. With an average salary of $121,220 in 2020, you can look forward to high pay potential in your career.*
Our bachelor’s degree in human resource management is accredited through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Having a bachelor’s degree accredited by ACBSP may give you an advantage as you seek career opportunities in the human resources field.
If you are looking for a human resources distance learning program, you need options that will give you the credentials you need while not disrupting your life. Liberty’s 100% online format is designed to let you work on your coursework at any time of day and wherever you need.
You want more than a career — you want to make an impact. With our degree in business administration and human resource management, you can gain the knowledge and training you need to lead and influence employees in your organization.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Human Resources Managers: Occupational Outlook Handbook (viewed online June 23, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Below are common questions you may have about Liberty University’s human resources degree.
What’s the difference between business management and human resource management?
A business management degree generally covers topics and skills needed for any business leadership or administration setting. The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration contains a business management core that can help prepare you for these leadership roles. Human resource management is focused on the tools, techniques, and best practices for handling personnel and benefits.
As business management is more general in its approach, most degrees in this area do not contain more than a few courses that focus on HR-specific skills. Liberty’s online BS in Business Administration – Human Resource Management has these human administration resources and business management skills in one degree. With this HR area of study, you will be prepared for general management as well as specialized HR roles.
Do I need human resources or business administration for my career?
If you want to run a business or enter the corporate business market, then any of our Bachelor of Science in Business Administration tracks will provide the skills you need. If you want to earn a marketable degree for a human resources management role, then you need to earn a human resources focused degree. This degree will not only cover the basics of HR in business, but give you specialized expertise in the human resources field.
What do you do with a human resources degree?
Having a human resources degree can open doors to HR positions that you may not qualify for without a specialized credential. In most fields of business, there is an understanding that most people will need some training to do the specific job you’re hired to do.
But with a business administration concentration in human resource management, you can show employers that you are ready to hit the ground running. You may not need as much training in HR systems, skills, and processes, so you can be better prepared to step right into the role of:
- Planning and coordinating employee benefit programs
- Consulting managers on equal opportunity and sexual harassment compliance
- Handling staffing issues
- Many other important HR tasks
Why choose human resource management?
If you want to work with specialists to help a business use its resources to grow and thrive, human resources can be a fulfilling and rewarding career for you. You can be the most valuable expert to a company, government agency, or non-profit to help them navigate compliance law and benefits. Without an expert like you, most companies will be hamstrung by waste, fines, and poor employee morale.
With Liberty’s business administration management and human resources degree, you can be a critical part of improving the work and quality of life of everyone in your organization. Liberty’s business and human resources degree can help you get there.
What Will You Learn in Our Human Resource Management Degree?
Today’s global economy presents many challenges and opportunities for both employers and employees. Our online business classes can help equip you with the training you need to meet the changing demands of the workforce. As an HR manager, you will need to understand wages and salaries and incorporate human resources knowledge with sound judgment. In this role, you will offer both you and your organization the most effective and efficient compensation and benefits system.
With a core of business management online courses and specialized HR courses, you will be prepared to enter the market as a qualified HR professional.
You can develop skills in other important areas of business as well, such as:
- Project management
- Training and development
- Professional development
- Managing other business resources
These skills can help make you well-rounded and ready to handle a large variety of other important tasks that you may encounter as part of your career.
This online business degree is also an excellent stepping stone towards earning a Master of Business Administration, which is also offered online at Liberty University.
Human Resource Management Online Bachelor’s Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Online BSBA Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Careers with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources
- Executive recruiter
- Human resource specialist
- Job placement specialist
- Professional advisor
Highlights of Our Online Bachelor’s in Business Administration – Human Resource Management
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online human resource management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our online undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Students enrolled in our online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Human Resource Management program can access a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
- Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- Students are able to earn additional college credit through relevant life experience.
Admission Requirements for the B.S. in Business Administration – Human Resources Online Degree Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.