Invest in Your Future with Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Finance Degree
When businesses flourish, so does the economy. But managing a company’s finances can be tricky. How finances are handled can make or break a business. Organizations everywhere from for-profit to non-profit need help making sure they are using their finances to maximize efficiency. They need someone with the knowledge base to examine financial statements, the analysis skills to identify problems, and the creativity to solve problems.
With a bachelor of finance online degree, you will learn these skills and be able to help a business develop a strategy for success.
What you need to know as a finance student
What is the difference between finance and accounting?
Finance and accounting degrees have many similarities, but each field of study is unique.
An accounting degree requires you to handle concrete numbers such as financial records and budgets. With a degree in accounting, you will be better prepared to ensure that financial statements accurately reflect the condition of the company.
A degree in finance, however, is focused on the day-to-day financial operations of an organization. You will be ready to ensure that a company has the proper cash flow to remain stable in the future.
What is business finance?
With business finance, you are analyzing the money and credit of a business or organization to help make that business succeed.
You’ll examine financial statements like balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and cash flow statements. This will help you understand where the money in a business is going.
With this information under your belt, you can then analyze where the business is doing well and where expenses could be cut, profits could be improved, investments could be made, and more.
What will you make with a finance degree?
As you’ve seen, there are many career paths you can take with a B.S. finance degree. That also means your expected salary will vary depending on where you use your degree.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics records an average salary of $85,660 a year for financial analysts.*
Similar careers in finance predict a similar salary. This is much higher than the national average. With a career in finance, you can feel confident that you will have a satisfying and exciting career that helps you make a difference in the financial world–while providing you a stable and high salary.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Financial Analysts (viewed online March 20, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
How long does it take to get a finance degree?
With Liberty’s business finance online degree, you can complete your program in an average of 3.5 years! This means that you can put your career in finance on the fast track. You won’t have to sacrifice quality for speed. In our program, you will gain the background you need to succeed in a variety of careers in finance.
But you will also be able to finish more quickly than other programs, allowing you to move into your target career faster. You can pursue your dream career in finance while still having flexibility in your own life.
Is a degree in finance worth it?
You want a degree that gives you broad skills that are applicable to a variety of business settings. At the same time, you want to get the tools you need for whatever field of finance you decide is best for you.
You want a flourishing career that is stable, financially rewarding, dynamic, and meaningful. And you want room for growth and promotion in your career. Liberty’s business administration and finance degree will give you just what you’re looking for.
Can you get a finance degree online?
Yes! Our bachelor’s degree in finance is offered completely online. This means that you don’t have to sacrifice your daily life for the tools you need to achieve your goals in accounting. Our program will give you the freedom to personalize your degree to fit your schedule and needs best.
At Liberty, we are dedicated to excellence. Let us help you achieve excellence too.
What jobs can you get with a business finance degree?
A finance degree prepares you for a wealth of careers in the business world. Generally, jobs in finance fall into a few broad categories: corporate finance, commercial banking, investment banking, asset management, and personal financial planning.
Find out more information about each career field below!
the Risk Taker
Some finance majors move into asset management. Asset managers handle investments for their clients. This means they conduct extensive research into market trends and then help their clients know what investments to make and what investments to avoid. Asset management is an exciting field of finance, especially for those who love risk-taking and thinking outside the box.
Commercial or Investment Banking
With a bachelor degree in finance, you can also go into commercial or investment banking. In commercial banking, you will focus on deposits and loans for individuals as well as some companies. Investment banking, on the other hand, centers on stocks and bonds for large companies.
Within these two fields, there are a variety of careers available, from underwriting to mergers and acquisitions to loan officers.
In corporate finance, you will analyze the financial operations of business to ensure that capital is being used most effectively. You will look at revenue, costs, investments, and more, and you will advise your corporation based on your findings.
One of the most common careers in corporate finance is a financial analyst, but there are plenty of other positions open to you outside of that position.
In personal financial planning, you will work heavily with clients and help individuals meet their financial goals. This can include anything from investment planning to retirement planning to tax planning to insurance planning, and much more. Many financial planners have their own practice, giving them flexibility and independence.
With a bachelor’s in finance, you will gain fluency in the language of finance, preparing you for a job in any of the many career areas open in this field. You will be prepared for a broad variety of careers, and as you discover your interests, you will be equipped for whatever career most appeals to you.
Why choose Liberty’s bachelor’s degree in business administration – finance?
You’re looking for the best online finance degree program you can find. For you, this means rigorous academics and faculty with real-world experience, all of which will move you past book smarts and prepare you to successfully handle situations in the business world. This means a highly accredited program. This means a flexible format that allows you to maintain your current life and career while pursuing your goals. At Liberty, we make this a reality.
Our business administration online bachelor’s degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Our program combines a core business administration curriculum with a finance cognate, so you won’t have to trade essential skills transferable to any business degree for the specialized knowledge you need to do well in the world of finance.
Additionally, our professors have real-world experience in the business finance industry, allowing them to teach you practical skills you can use to reach your goals. And our online format allows you to complete your coursework on your own time so that you can pursue your degree while staying involved in your current career, family, and community.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
What will you learn in our online B.S. in Business Administration – Finance degree program?
In our finance degree, you can gain the skills you need to succeed in whatever finance career you pursue. Our business administration – finance degree is broken into two parts: our business administration core and our finance cognate. With this curriculum, you will gain a broad overview of all the major factors that go into business.
You will then build on this knowledge with your cognate, gaining advanced practice in topics like economic forecasting, investments, and real estate. These topics and more will set you up for success in the world of finance.
In your business administration courses, you will learn essential topics in business, accounting, and economics, including:
- Fundamental and advanced principles of accounting from a manager’s perspective
- How the American legal system applies to and affects the business environment
- Principles of international business
- Principles, policies, and strategies of marketing
- Functions, issues, and solutions associated with human resource management
- Functions, issues, and solutions associated with operations management
- Ethical issues in business and frameworks for determining ethical behavior in business
Your finance cognate will equip you with in-depth knowledge of critical topics in finance, including:
- Investment companies, commodity markets, and the stock exchange
- The structure and operation of the U.S. and international financial systems
- Functions of the Federal Reserve
- The impact of monetary policy on financial markets and the economy
- Methods of collecting data, discovering data patterns, and selecting appropriate forecasting techniques for business and economic forecasting
- The foundations of real estate business, including real estate brokerage, property rights, investments, and property management
Featured Finance Degree Courses
- ACCT 301 – Intermediate Accounting
- ACCT 370 – Financial Statement Analysis
- BUSI 321 – Money and the Financial System
- BUSI 405 – Business and Economic Forecasting
Our B.S. in Business Administration serves as an excellent stepping stone toward earning either a Master of Business Administration or a Master of Arts in Executive Leadership – both of which are offered online through Liberty.
Online Bachelor’s in Business Administration – Finance Degree Program Information
- This online bachelor’s degree program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for the online BS in Business Administration – Finance program.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online BSBA in Finance Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Career Fields with a Bachelor’s in Finance Business Degree
- Financial analyst
- Investment banker
- Loan officer
- Management consultant
- Real estate agent/broker
- Securities analyst
Highlights of Our Online Bachelor’s in Business Administration – Finance Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online BSBA in Finance degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty’s bachelor’s in business administration is ACBSP accredited. Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- Students can earn additional credit through life experience.
- Students enrolled in our online bachelor’s in business administration – finance program can access a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
Admission Requirements for Online Bachelor’s Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants to Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in finance must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.