Impact the Lives of Our Nation’s Military Members and Their Families by Earning a Bachelor of Psychology Degree in Military Resilience
Our 100% online Bachelor of Science in Psychology – Military Resilience degree seeks to prepare students to help our nation’s heroes and their families deal with the physical, mental, and spiritual challenges that come with military service. Our military resilience degree program was created to provide you with a strong, Christ-centered knowledge base that you can use to support our servicemen and women.
We created our military resilience degree with your success in mind. Designed to be completed in less than 4 years, this degree offers you the flexibility to continue your job while earning your degree. At Liberty, our goal is to support you as both a student and a professional.
What is resilience in psychology?
Resilience in psychology is a person’s ability to overcome acute mental distress. Common causes of such duress include, but are not limited to, trauma, tragic occurrences, difficulties in relationships, or accompanying mental disorders.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Military Psychology Degree Program?
Our B.S. in Psychology – Military Resilience degree is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job and community without the worry of having to take courses on campus. Through carefully selected courses and professors who lead from a biblical worldview, Liberty can help prepare you for a career in serving military members.
Whether you are a current service member, a veteran, a military spouse, or a civilian, our bachelor’s in military resilience can help you stand out as a Christ-centered, value-driven professional.
Liberty University – A Top Military-Friendly School
Liberty University strives to support our service members and their families. From offering a world-class education online to providing education programs aimed at helping military members transition to civilian life, Liberty’s military benefits are first-class.
- We are the state of Virginia’s first Purple Heart University!
- Liberty University has been recognized for its standout academic programs and military supportive culture by Military Times.
What Will You Learn in the Online Military Resilience Training Program?
At Liberty University, we strive to design degree programs that prepare you for a rewarding career. With core courses in areas such as social psychology and the integration of psychology and Christianity, you can build strong foundational knowledge of psychological principles and integrate your faith into the field.
The military resilience training program was created to provide an in-depth study of military resilience counseling and the psychology of military families. Each course is taught from a Christian perspective to create a balance between science, practice, and faith. This combination allows you to explore the different approaches to psychology from a biblical worldview. You can learn to apply tools and techniques for creating treatment plans and approaches to use in the field of military resilience.
- MILT 275 – The Resilient Warrior
- PSYC 312 – Social Psychology
- PSYC 420 – Psychology and Christianity
Highlights of Our Online B.S. in Psychology – Military Resilience Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online Bachelor of Science in Psychology – Military Resilience degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in military resilience training and psychology from all across the country.
- You can complete the online B.S. in Psychology – Military Resilience in as little as 3.5 years!
Honor Society and Advanced Certificates
- Did you know Liberty University has a Psi Chi Honor Society chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Liberty University has worked closely with the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) to offer certificates of completion for many of our psychology courses. For a complete list of courses, contact one of our admissions counselors today!
- Students in the online bachelor’s degree in psychology who complete PSYC 450 (Children in Healthcare) will be eligible to pursue Child Life Specialist Certification.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Bachelor’s in Psychology – Resilience Training Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Military Resilience
The Bachelor of Science in Psychology – Military Resilience was designed to give you the tools you need to minister to the military community. Potential careers include:
- Grief services counselor
- Outreach coordinator
Can you become a military psychologist with this degree?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, a doctoral degree is usually required to be a professional psychologist.* Additionally, most psychologists hold some sort of counseling license. Counseling licensure requirements vary by state and position. If you have questions about how to become a licensed psychologist, please contact your state board for more information.
While a doctoral degree is typically required for aspiring clinical psychologists, most graduate and doctoral programs in psychology require prior study in a psychology-related field. Whether you plan on pursuing graduate studies or not, Liberty’s bachelor’s in psychology – military resilience can help prepare you for success in military ministry.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Outlook Handbook: How to Become a Psychologist (viewed online Jan. 6, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Admission Requirements for Our Online B.S. in Psychology
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.