Help People Transform Their Lives by Earning a Bachelor of Psychology – Life Coaching Degree
Do you have a passion for challenging and encouraging people to fulfill their life’s calling and be the best person they can be? If so, then Liberty’s life coach degree may be for you!
Liberty University’s 100% online psychology degree in life coaching can help develop your professional skills. You can sharpen your understanding of the diverse theoretical approaches of behavioral modification, multicultural counseling, and research issues as you prepare for a career in the life coaching industry.
As a life coach, you will work closely with clients to help them reach both their professional and personal goals. In addition, you can use your positivity and gift of encouragement to inspire them and your organizational skills to help them create an action plan. As a life coach, you could be an advocate for your clients as you provide them with guidance, advice, and accountability. If you enjoy seeing others grow and succeed, then our life coaching degree may be for you!
“Liberty’s program allowed me to get an accredited psychology degree at my convenience. The schedule was flexible, and the online library resources were awesome. I am now receiving an extra 6% [pay increase] at work because of my Liberty degree. I grew both intellectually and spiritually because of Liberty’s emphasis on education from a Christian perspective.”
– Robert B., BS in Psychology student
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Life Coach Degree?
At Liberty University, your success is our success. Our online life coaching degree is designed to give you the tools you need to become a life coach.
When considering this profession, people often ask, “What training do you need to be a life coach?” or “Do you need a degree to be a life coach?” While you do not need a license, certification, or degree to practice life coaching in the U.S., receiving training will better prepare you to understand what life coaching is and practice it successfully. Our goal is to provide you with the tools to find and retain clients and help them reach their full potential.
Liberty’s life coaching program online can help equip you with the knowledge you need to be a successful life coach. Our life coach courses online provide a solid background in psychology and specific training on how to be a life coach. Your professors will cover essential knowledge of human psychology to help you understand and motivate your clients more effectively. Our life coaching courses online are also designed to help equip you with coaching best practices to implement into your professional coaching sessions.
Additionally, we will help prepare you to integrate all aspects of life with Christian principles — from finances to marriage to health. With this biblical foundation, you can prepare to better coach your clients on how to wisely handle both their professional and personal lives.
Designed to be completed in as little as 3.5 years, our life coach bachelor degree allows you to continue to work while going to college. Because our life coach degree is offered completely online, you can remain active in your job, family, and community without worrying about taking courses on campus.
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we’ve mastered the art of creating an affordable, flexible online degree program that can challenge you to grow while respecting your personal commitments. We understand that you can’t afford to put your life on hold to pursue a degree – which is why our online life coaching degree is offered 100% online with no set login times and no required intensives. That way, you’ll be able to remain committed to your personal life while furthering your education.
With our strong academics, commitment to the Christian faith, and flexible online format, you can have confidence in your preparation for your career as a life coach. Whether you want to enhance your skills or start a new career, our online life coach degree can help you stand out as a Christ-centered, ethical, and value-driven professional. Partner with us and prepare to become a life coach online.
Do you need a license to be a life coach?
The short answer is no. Life coaches are not licensed mental health professionals, and they do not need to earn any sort of license. However, a background in psychology can be a tremendous asset to you if you hope to become a professional life coach – as can life coach classes online, which are incorporated into this degree program. You can use this degree to open your own life coaching business, offer life coach training to others as part of a life coaching company, and more!
What Will You Learn in Our Online Psychology – Life Coaching Program?
By specializing in our life coaching program, you can learn in-demand skills and methods to provide biblically sound guidance to others in your professional and personal life.
Our life coaching degree can help sharpen the practical coaching skills you need to succeed in your field while also providing the background in psychology necessary to motivate and understand your clients. Our online life coaching training degree program emphasizes an integrated understanding of science, practice, and faith. We seek to partner with you to help you maximize your effectiveness in understanding and helping people from a biblical worldview.
Your life coaching courses online will give you the opportunity to evaluate current coaching models and techniques as you heighten your effectiveness in developing effective coaching skills and strategies.
For your life coaching concentration, you will also take an additional class that will give you specialized training in health and wellness, marriage, financial life, or leadership. This provides you with a foundation to gain expertise in a specific area of coaching.
Our life coach program also offers an optional internship to help you gain the practical experience you need to stand out in the market. With our unique blend of psychology and life coaching courses online and practical experience through an internship, you can be better prepared to make your dream of becoming a life coach a reality!
What does a life coach do?
A life coach is a professional who seeks to help people progress and find greater fulfillment in their lives. Life coaches are able to help clients improve their relationships, career decisions, and self-discipline.
Highlights of Our Online Life Coach Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online life coaching degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years ̶ and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in life coaching and psychology from across the country.
Honor Society and Completion Certificates for Liberty’s Life Coach Degree
- Did you know Liberty University has a Psi Chi Honor Society chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Liberty University has worked closely with the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) to offer certificates of completion for many of our psychology courses.
- Students in the online degree in psychology who complete PSYC 450 — Children in Healthcare may be eligible to pursue Child Life Specialist Certification.
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Life Coach Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Admission Requirements for Our Online B.S. in Psychology
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants to Liberty’s B.S. in Psychology – Life Coaching degree program must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Potential Career Options with a Life Coaching Degree
Our online life coaching program is designed to give you insight into the development and influences of personality-based psychology theories to assist others in reaching their goals. Potential careers include:
- Career coach
- Life coach
- Non-licensed counselor
BS in Psychology – Life Coaching Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guide (login required).
- Do you want more out of your degree? Add a minor to focus or expand your studies further.