Turn Your Passion for Working with Children into a Career with a Bachelor’s Degree in Developmental Psychology
You are passionate about protecting and guiding children. Our Bachelor of Science in Psychology — Developmental Psychology will give you the education you need to serve in roles like child counseling, casework, or ministry. We have created our online child psychology bachelor’s degree with your success in mind. Our bachelor’s degree in developmental psychology is designed to equip you with practical knowledge based on current research and biblical principles you can apply to a career serving and advocating for children.
Our goal is to serve you both as a student and as a professional — we’ve used our experience in online education to tailor our program delivery format to meet your needs. Designed to be completed in 4 years or less, our 100% online bachelor’s in developmental psychology degree program will allow you to remain active in your family, job, and community without the worry of commuting to a traditional campus to take courses.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s in Developmental Psychology Degree?
At Liberty University, we believe in Training Champions for Christ. Our developmental psychology bachelor’s degree program can help you integrate your faith with your profession as you work to help children develop in a healthy environment. Our professors have real-world experience in child development and psychology and are dedicated to providing you with the foundation you need to impact the world for Christ. Whether you are currently serving in the child psychology field, or you are looking to start a new career, our online B.S. in Developmental Psychology degree will help you stand out as a Christ-centered, ethical, and value-driven professional.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Developmental Psychology Degree?
Our online developmental psychology classes are designed to integrate science, practice, and faith and teach you the leading theories in childhood development, environmental influences, and human brain function. You will also learn how to approach behavioral, psychological, and sociological problems rooted in children’s early developmental years. This online child psychology degree can give you the tools you need to bring hope and permanent transformation to a child’s life.
Our Online B.S. in Developmental Psychology Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your bachelor’s degree in developmental psychology degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, clinical areas of psychology are expected to grow up to 14% by 2026*, so students who continue to a graduate-level program can expect a great outlook for employment.
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with professors and peers in the field of developmental psychology from across the country.
- You might be interested in other concentrations within the online bachelor’s in psychology degree program.
Honor Society and Advanced Certificates
- Did you know Liberty University has a Psi Chi Honor Society chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Liberty University has worked closely with the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) to offer certificates of completion for many of our psychology courses. For a complete list, contact one of our admission counselors today!
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Psychologists: occupational outlook handbook, 2019 (viewed online September 4, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Career Options with a Bachelor’s Degree in Developmental Psychology
Our online developmental psychology bachelor’s degree program is designed to prepare you for an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of child psychology.
Potential careers include:
- Children’s program counselor
- Group home manager
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A high school self-certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Military Benefits for the Bachelor’s of Developmental Psychology Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Our Online Child Development Bachelor’s Degree Information
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This online degree program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- View the Undergraduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- Want to get more out of your degree? Add a minor (or two) to focus or expand your studies further!