Help Children Reach Developmental Milestones with Liberty University’s Online Psychology Program
You are passionate about protecting and guiding children. You love exploring the complexities of the human mind. You want to help children overcome developmental challenges and thrive. If that sounds like you, Liberty’s 100% online B.S. in Psychology – Developmental Psychology can help you prepare for a career that involves serving and advocating for children.
We have created our child psychology bachelor’s degree with your success in mind. This program can help provide the tools you need to meet children’s physical, mental, and emotional needs. You could go on to work in a school, hospital, government agency, or private practice.
Child psychology is a broad field that encompasses many roles, settings, and responsibilities. Understanding how to apply current research and biblical standards to a career in child psychology can help you lead with excellence in your field. With Liberty University’s psychology degree, you can learn how to help meet the needs of children in your community.
How long does it take to get a degree in child psychology?
At Liberty, you can complete your child psychology degree in under 4 years. With 8-week courses and no set login times, we have the flexibility you need to meet your education goals.
What is the role of a developmental psychologist?
Developmental psychologists study how humans grow and change physically, socially, emotionally, and cognitively throughout different stages of life. By collecting and analyzing empirical data, they can help people overcome mental health problems and learning disabilities, as well as cope with difficult life situations.
Developmental psychologists play an especially vital role in the growth of young children and adolescents. With early guidance and intervention, children can gain the tools they need to grow and flourish in a healthy environment.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Psychology Degree?
As far as online colleges for child psychology degrees go, we believe Liberty University stands out. Our goal is to serve you as a student and a professional, and we’ve used our experience as pioneers in distance learning to design a program that meets your needs.
Our developmental psychology degree is offered 100% online, allowing you to complete your courses wherever and whenever it’s most convenient for you. The best part? You can stay invested in your family, job, and community while working toward your academic goals!
Whether you are currently serving in the field of psychology, looking to start a new career, or planning to pursue a graduate degree, our program can help you achieve your goals. Our professors have real-world experience in child development and psychology and are dedicated to helping you become an ethical, value-driven professional.
At Liberty, we strive to Train Champions for Christ. Our child psychology courses online can help you integrate biblical standards with industry best practices as you work to protect, nurture, and serve children. Partner with us and prepare to make a difference in the lives of those around you.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Developmental Psychology Courses?
Take core courses that provide a firm foundation in general psychology topics, including social psychology, behavioral modification, abnormal psychology, and statistics. In this program, you’ll learn about the physiological and biological factors that underlie human thought and behavior. With this knowledge, you can prepare to help children thrive in terms of physical and mental health.
Explore the leading theories of childhood development and human brain function. Our developmental psychology online courses examine the connection between theology and psychology. You’ll also learn about the stages of development in human thought, memory, and cognition.
Learn how to address behavioral, psychological, and sociological problems rooted in children’s early developmental years. Liberty’s online child psychology degree can help equip you to bring hope and transformation to a child’s life. From birth to middle childhood to adolescence, you’ll take an in-depth look at what influences children’s thinking and behavior. You’ll also have the option to take courses that explore other stages of the human life span.
Examine where mental health disorders come from and how they affect children in particular. This degree could help you work in a variety of settings, including youth ministries, family services, social work, education, or law enforcement. Partner with us and prepare to help children of all ages discover healing, recovery, and hope.
- PSYC 210 – Developmental Psychology
- PSYC 312 – Social Psychology
- PSYC 420 – Psychology and Christianity
Highlights of Studying Developmental Psychology at Liberty University
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your developmental psychology degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal while completing your child psychology degree online.
- You might be interested in pursuing other concentrations within our online bachelor’s in psychology degree program. Completing multiple specializations is a great way to expand your knowledge and skills in a variety of areas!
- Earn your degree in under 4 years!
Honor Society and AACC Certificates of Completion
- Did you know Liberty University has a Psi Chi Honor Society chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Liberty University has worked closely with the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) to offer certificates of completion for many of our psychology courses. For a complete list, contact one of our admissions counselors today!
What Can You Do with a Degree in Child Psychology?
Liberty’s child psychology program can help you pursue a wide variety of developmental psychology careers. Some of the roles you may qualify for after completing this degree include:
- Case manager
- Child advocate
- Community service manager
- Social work assistant
- Victim advocate
Admission Requirements for Liberty University’s Bachelor’s in Psychology Online Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Military Benefits for Our Bachelor’s Degree in Child Psychology
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Bachelor’s in Child Psychology Degree Information
- Our children’s psychology degree falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for Liberty University’s developmental psychology program.
- View the Undergraduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- Liberty’s B.S. in Developmental Psychology is a non-licensure program.
- You can gain real-world experience by completing a capstone or a 125-hour internship (if you would like to gain additional experience, you may complete up to 250 hours).