Turn Your Passion for Children into a Career with Our BS in Developmental Psychology Degree!
You have a passion to protect and serve children, and our Bachelor of Science in Psychology – Developmental Psychology will give you the education you need to serve in roles like child counseling, casework, or ministry. We have created our online child psychology bachelor’s degree with your success in mind. Our bachelor’s degree in developmental psychology is designed to equip you with practical knowledge based on current research and biblical principles you can apply to a career serving and advocating for children.
Our goal is to serve you both as a student and a professional, and we have used our experience in online education to tailor our program delivery format to meet your needs. Designed to be completed in four years or less, our 100% online bachelor’s in developmental psychology degree program will allow you to remain active in your family, job, and community without the worry of commuting to a traditional campus.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s in Developmental Psychology Degree?
At Liberty University, we believe in Train Champions for Christ. Our developmental psychology bachelor’s degree program will help you integrate your faith and profession as you work to help children develop in a healthy environment. Our professors have real-world experience in child development and psychology and are dedicated to providing you with the foundation you need to impact the world for Christ. Whether you are currently serving in the child psychology field or looking to start a new career, our online B.S. in Developmental Psychology degree will help you stand out as a Christ-centered, ethical, and value-driven professional.
What Will You Learn In Our B.S. in Developmental Psychology Degree Program?
Your online developmental psychology classes are designed to promote an integrated understanding of science, practice, and faith. Our bachelor’s of developmental psychology degree program will teach you the leading theories in childhood development, environmental influences, and human brain function. You will also learn how to approach behavioral, psychological, and sociological problems rooted in children’s early developmental environment. Your online child psychology degree will give you the tools you need to bring hope and permanent transformation to a child’s life.
Our Online B.S. in Developmental Psychology Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your bachelor’s in developmental psychology degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- According to the Occupational Information Network, clinical areas of psychology are expected to grow up to 19% by 2024, so students who continue to a graduate-level program can expect a good outlook on employment opportunities.
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with professors and peers in the field of developmental psychology from across the country.
- You might be interested in other concentrations within the online bachelor’s in psychology degree program. Review our other areas of study for the B.S. in Psychology.
Honor Society and Advanced Certificates
- Did you know Liberty University has a Psi Chi Honor Society chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Liberty University has worked closely with the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) to offer certificates of completion for many of our psychology courses. For a complete list, contact one of our Admissions Counselors today!
What Careers Can You Pursue with a Bachelor’s Degree in Developmental Psychology?
Our online developmental psychology bachelor’s degree program was designed to prepare you for an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of child psychology. Potential careers include:
- Children’s program counselor
- Group home manager
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A high school self-certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Military Benefits for the Bachelors of Developmental Psychology Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
Our Online Child Development Bachelors Degree Information
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This online degree program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- View the Undergraduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guide (login required).
- Want to get more out of your degree? Add a minor (or two) to focus or expand your studies further!