Take Your First Steps towards Becoming a Crisis Counselor!
Have you ever wanted to pursue a career as a Crisis Counselor or you are looking to expand your current knowledge in psychology and counseling? Liberty University’s online Psychology degree in Crisis Counseling will set you on the path of success by developing your professional skills and helping you to gain an understanding of the effects of crises on human behavior and development. With core courses in areas such as Social Psychology and the Integration of Psychology and Christianity, you will build strong foundational knowledge in psychology and counseling people through crises. The crisis counseling degree program will also allow you to assist those in emergencies by offering a Christian perspective.
We have created our online crisis counseling degree with your success in mind. The online degree in psychology was established to build your understanding of development and influence based on current counseling theories. Designed to be completed in four years or less, our program will allow you to continue to work while going to college 100% online. Our goal is to support you as both a student and as a professional.
Why Choose Liberty’s Crisis Counseling Program?
Are you looking for a career that will help you make a positive impact on those who face crises? Liberty University’s crisis counseling degree program has been designed to help integrate your faith into your professional life. At Liberty University, we strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and to use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world. Whether you are currently serving in the crisis counseling field or looking to start a new career, our online psychology degree in crisis counseling will make you stand out as a Christ-centered, ethical, and value-driven professional.
What Will You Learn in the Crisis Counseling Program?
Liberty University’s online undergraduate psychology program is committed to providing you with a quality education that will be practically applied to further education or future career. Each course is designed to promote an integrated understanding of science, practice, and faith. These three components are successfully taught in each class through precise scientific application and practices that are supported by a Christian worldview.
Through the crisis counseling online program, you will be taught methods to apply biblical knowledge to your counseling techniques for providing biblically sound guidance and teaching. As a Christian counselor, your responsibility will be to help individuals break their unhealthy cycles and behaviors while teaching how to work towards living a full and productive life. Our undergraduate psychology bachelor’s degree program is rich in information about human behavior and development that will start you on the journey to your career goals.
- CRIS 302 – Foundational Principles of Crisis Response
- PSYC 312 – Social Psychology
- PSYC 420 – Psychology and the Bible
Benefits of an Online Crisis Counseling Program
- By earning your crisis counseling degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- This bachelor’s degree in psychology is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- According to the Occupational Information Network, clinical areas of psychology are expected to grow up to 19% by 2024, so students who complete a graduate-level program can expect a good outlook on employment opportunities.
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in the crisis counseling field from across the country.
- Students in the online degree in psychology who complete PSYC 450 (Children in Healthcare) will be eligible to pursue Child Life Specialist Certification. During this course, students will learn the basic principles of human development and the psychological well-being of children as well as work with their professor to prepare for the certification exam.
Honor Society and Advanced Certificates
- Did you know Liberty University has a Psi Chi Honor Society chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Liberty University has worked closely with the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) to offer certificates of completion for many of our psychology courses. For a complete list of courses, contact one of our admission counselors today!
Crisis Counseling Degree Information and Requirements
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- View the Undergraduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guide (login required).
- Do you want more from your degree? Add a minor (or two) to focus or expand your studies further.
- Are you interested in other concentrations within the online degree in psychology? Review our other areas of study for the B.S. in Psychology.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Crisis Counseling
The crisis counseling program was designed to prepare you for a challenging but fulfilling career focused on providing counseling services before, during, or after crises. Potential careers include:
- Community relations
- Corporate crisis manager
- Crisis counselor
- Crisis care specialist
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A high school self-certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.