Take Your First Steps Toward a Career in Criminal Psychology!
Liberty University’s online bachelor’s in psychology degree in criminal psychology can get you on track to a successful career in the field of criminal psychology. This degree will develop your professional skills and understanding of human behavior, development, and motivation. With core courses in social psychology and behavioral modification, you will build strong, foundational knowledge of the behavior and actions of criminals. Additionally, you will learn how to effectively assess and counsel individuals within the justice system.
We have created our criminal psychology degree with your success in mind. This degree provides training on the core skills necessary to strengthen your ability to understand the thoughts and intentions of the criminal mind. Designed to be completed in 4 years or less, our program will allow you to continue to work and devote time to your family and community while going to college. Our goal is to support you as both a student and as a professional.
Why Choose Liberty’s Criminal Psychology Specialization?
As one of the leading Christian universities in the nation, Liberty University seeks to produce well-informed graduates through advanced teaching and an enhanced learning experience. We strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world. Whether you are currently serving in the criminal psychology field or are looking to start a new career, our Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Criminal Psychology will make you stand out as a Christ-centered, ethical, and value-driven professional.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Psychology – Criminal Psychology Degree Program?
Our criminal psychology degree program provides you with an overview of the criminal justice system, including aspects of law enforcement, court systems, correctional organizations, and the ethics and philosophy of criminal justice. You will examine theories regarding the nature and cause of criminal behavior and society’s response, approaching the study of crime from a philosophical, psychological, sociological, and biblical perspective. Through this program, you will also explore various types of crises and their psychological effects on an individual.
- PSYC 312 – Social Psychology
- PSYC 430 – Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 475 – Psychology of Criminal Behavior
Discount for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing world-class education and aims to help students achieve their educational goals in whatever way we can. The First Response Tuition Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens of tuition off the men and women who work in public service.
As Liberty University’s way of saying “Thank You,” we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
- A 25% tuition discount
- Potential college credit for training and life experience
- Personalized service throughout your educational journey
- Potential stacking with other tuition benefits (Corporate Advantage Program or Military Benefits)
For more information on eligibility and claiming this discount, please visit the first responders discount page.
Highlights of the Criminal Psychology Online Degree
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years — and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your criminal psychology degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Our online Bachelor of Science in Psychology – Criminal Psychology ranked the #1 Best Online Bachelor’s in Forensic Psychology by BestColleges.com.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in criminal psychology from across the country.
Honor Society and Advanced Certificates
- Did you know Liberty University has a Psi Chi Honor Society chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Liberty University has worked closely with the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) to offer certificates of completion for many of our psychology courses. For a complete list, contact one of our admissions counselors today!
- Students in the online degree in psychology who complete PSYC 450 – Children in Healthcare will be eligible to pursue Child Life Specialist Certification. During this course, students will learn basic principle for human development and the psychological well-being of children as well as work with their professor during the course to prepare for the certification exam.
You might be interested in other concentrations within our online Degree in Psychology! Review our other areas of study for the B.S. in Psychology.
Criminal Psychology Online Degree Information
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- This program has a required internship.
- View the Undergraduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- Do you want more out of your degree? Add a minor or two to focus or expand your studies further.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Potential Career Options with a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Psychology
This bachelor’s degree is designed to lead you to a career in the diverse and challenging atmosphere of criminal psychology.
Potential career opportunities include:
- Criminal psychologist
- Probation and parole officer
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.