Help Free People from Addiction with a B.S. in Psychology – Addictions and Recovery Degree
Addiction hurts individuals in all aspects of their lives — get the tools you need to help them recover with Liberty University’s 100% online B.S. in Psychology – Addictions and Recovery degree.
At Liberty University, we have created our online addictions and recovery bachelor’s degree program with your success in mind. We combine quality academics with flexibility and affordability so you can get the most out of your degree. Designed to be completed in 4 years or less, the online bachelor’s in psychology – addictions and recovery program will allow you to earn your degree and stay active in your career, with your family, and in your community.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s Degree in the Psychology of Addiction and Recovery?
At Liberty University, our mission is to Train Champions for Christ. Our online bachelor’s degree in psychology – addiction and recovery is designed to help integrate your faith into your professional life. We educate professionals who lead with excellence and integrity, impacting the world for eternity. Whether you are currently working in substance abuse treatment, or you are looking to start a new career, our bachelor’s degree in the psychology of addiction recovery can help you stand out as a Christ-centered and value-driven professional.
What Will You Learn in the Addiction and Recovery Degree?
In our addiction and recovery degree program, you will learn how to assess, diagnose, and develop treatment plans for those who are struggling with addiction and substance dependence. You will also receive training on how to provide client-centered interventions with understanding and compassion.
With core courses in Social Psychology and the Integration of Psychology and Christianity, you can use this degree to build a strong foundation of knowledge in scientific principles. Rather than seeing those with addictions from a one-dimensional viewpoint, you will study the psychological, biological, and socio-cultural issues that affect the behaviors of an addict.
“Liberty’s program allowed me to get an accredited psychology degree at my convenience. The schedule was flexible, and the online library resources were awesome. I am now receiving an extra 6% at work because of my Liberty degree. I grew both intellectually and spiritually because of Liberty’s emphasis on education from a Christian perspective.”
– Robert N. Betancourt, B.S. in Psychology
- PSYC 305 – Overview of Theory and Treatment of Substance Abuse
- PSYC 312 – Social Psychology
- PSYC 420 – Psychology and the Bible
Our Online B.S. in Psychology – Addictions and Recovery Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your online addictions and recovery bachelor’s degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in the addiction and recovery process from across the country.
- Students in the online bachelor’s degree in psychology program who complete PSYC 450 (Children in Healthcare) will be eligible to pursue their Child Life Specialist Certification. During this course, students will learn basic principles for human development and the psychological well-being of children as well as prepare for the certification exam.
Liberty University has worked closely with the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) to offer certificates of completion for many of our online psychology classes. For a complete list of courses, contact one of our admissions counselors today!
B.S. in Psychology – Addictions and Recovery Online Degree Information
- Download and explore the online addiction counseling Degree Completion Plan.
- This online bachelor’s degree program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- View the Undergraduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- Do you want more out of your degree? Add a minor (or two) to focus or expand your studies further.
Military Benefits for the Online Psychology B.S. in Addictions and Recovery
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Potential Career Options with a Bachelor’s Degree in Addiction and Recovery
The bachelor’s of psychology in addiction and recovery was designed to give you the tools you need to help minister to those affected by addiction. Potential careers include:
- Mental health services specialist
- Non-licensed counselor
- Rehabilitation counselor
- Substance abuse counselor
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.