Prepare for a Career in a Military Leadership Role with Our MA in Military Operations – Military Leadership Degree
Are you interested in making your military service a long-term career? Perhaps you love what you do now, but you also think your unique skill set could be used in other defense-sector jobs. The prospect of pursuing higher positions in America’s defense industry excites you, and you think that a master’s degree could be your ticket to upper-level management in the United States military. If this sounds like you, Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Military Operations – Military Leadership degree may be a great fit for you.
Since our founding in 1971, we have proudly recognized the bravery and service of the men and women who serve in the armed forces. We want to do more than say “thank-you” by offering generous military benefits to service members – we want to offer degree programs that complement your military background and equip you with the skills needed to advance your military career.
This online military operations degree with a specialization in military leadership features 8-week courses with no set login times and no residential intensives, so you can fit your courses around your busy schedule and complete your work when it best suits you. The time has never been better to pursue an online master’s degree. Apply today and take your military service career to new heights.
Why Choose Liberty’s MA in Military Operations – Military Leadership Degree?
Our Master of Arts in Military Operations – Military Leadership degree is an excellent complement to your military background. With courses in military doctrine and military leadership, you may find that you are somewhat familiar with the subjects taught in this degree. This degree program, however, isn’t just designed to complement your current military knowledge — it’s designed to expound on what you already know, challenge you to grasp new concepts, and foster an even greater appreciation for military history, cultural context, and military intelligence.
In addition, Liberty is proud to offer generous tuition discounts for active and former military personnel. If you qualify for this discount, you can complete our master’s degree in military operations – military leadership for just $275 per credit hour – a price roughly 50% lower than our standard full-time graduate rate of $565 per credit hour. We honor our military rate for full- and part-time military students alike, so you can still receive the discount if your schedule doesn’t allow you to be a full-time student.
Our military operations degree is one of only a few like it in the country. Ordinary programs in intelligence, security studies, or military affairs may fall short of offering an education that emphasizes military operations within the historical context of geographic, religious, economic, and cultural conditions. This degree program can help make you a more well-rounded military professional, boost your chances of earning a promotion, and help you pursue new job opportunities in the defense sector.
What Will You Learn in Our MA in Military Operations – Military Leadership Degree?
Liberty’s Master of Arts in Military Operations – Military Leadership is divided into 2 sections: core military doctrine courses and military leadership.
In the military doctrine courses, you will study military geography, just war theory, and military intelligence. You will also study asymmetrical and irregular warfare, military operations, military logistics, and military planning. The military leadership specialization features training in command leadership, virtues of ethical leadership, and contextual military leadership. Additionally, our military leadership area of study allows 1 free elective of your choosing. You can use this elective to study advanced resilience for leaders and caregivers, strategic leadership and management, or the lives of notable historical figures.
Our professors boast considerable research experience and tremendous expertise in military history, intelligence, and military operations. Our Department of History offers you direct access to one of the largest groups of military historians in American higher education, and each of our professors is dedicated to your academic, personal, professional and spiritual growth. If you’re looking for a military-specific graduate degree from a respected university that is taught by military experts and historians, look no further than our MA in Military Operations – Military Leadership.
- MISC 502 – Command Leadership
- MISC 503 – Virtues of Ethical Leadership
- MISC 504 – Leadership in Context
- MISC 540 – Military Logistics
Course guides coming soon
Highlights of Our MA in Military Operations – Military Leadership Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Arts in Military Operations from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years – and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can rest assured that your degree program has satisfied rigorous accreditation standards.
- Our online master’s degree in military operations takes an average of 1.5 years to complete.
MA in Military Operations – Leadership Degree Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Graduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for MA in Military Operations – Leadership Graduates
- Military intelligence specialist
- Military leadership and ethics instructor*
- Military operations analyst
- Military training manager
- Operations integration analyst
*If you are looking to teach at a college or university, a PhD may be required.
Admission Requirements for the MA in Military Operations Online Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.