Our Masters in Interdisciplinary Studies Gives You More Options!
Do you have career needs that don’t fit traditional degree plans? If you need to think outside the box, Liberty University’s MA in Interdisciplinary Studies can give you a new way forward. By earning your masters in interdisciplinary studies online, you will have access to Liberty’s vast resources and faculty of experts to help you build toward your dreams.
The MA in Interdisciplinary Studies program allows you to choose two areas of study directly related to your passion and career. We want you to have the freedom to design your graduate program while receiving essential skills in research.
What is a Masters in Interdisciplinary Studies?
A masters degree is a great way to expand your options if you already have a bachelor’s degree and need more training to start a new career or grow in your current role. But what can you do if your needs don’t fit a traditional degree, or if you have some graduate credit already that doesn’t fit the usual degree plans?
Interdisciplinary graduate degrees can fill the gap in conventional programs by providing a degree plan focused on selected areas of study. That’s why of all of Liberty’s online degrees, the online interdisciplinary masters degree is the most flexible. With extra room for transfer credit and many areas of study to choose from, you can tailor your degree in ways that other degrees can’t allow. Liberty University’s masters in interdisciplinary studies can help you get the most out of your credits and get the training you need.
Our online interdisciplinary studies masters degree will give you the opportunity to take new classes that can help you synthesize your areas of study into a cohesive, marketable set of skills. These areas of study include communication, counseling, English, history, psychology, religion, government, public health, executive leadership, sport management, and more.
Our interdisciplinary masters program provides a unique opportunity for you to:
- Select your areas of study.
- Maximize your transfer credit potential.
- Complete the degree in under 2 years.
Why Choose Liberty’s Masters in Interdisciplinary Studies Program?
Liberty University’s MA in Interdisciplinary Studies graduate program can be completed in convenient 8-week online classes taught from a Christian worldview. Liberty’s mission is reinforced by quality professor interactions and faculty dedicated to helping you complete your graduate program efficiently so you can move forward with God’s continued plan for your life.
Pursuing a masters in interdisciplinary studies program provides the ability to customize your degree to maximize your career opportunities. For many students, this may be completing their masters degree as soon as possible. If you have graduate credits from more than one degree program, our graduate degree in interdisciplinary studies could be the quickest route to completing your degree.
Our online masters degree in interdisciplinary studies program can help equip you with the specific skill set you’re looking for. Take advantage of the flexibility offered through a tailored degree plan so you can complete your degree faster or accomplish a goal of earning a masters degree with dual concentrations!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about how earning an interdisciplinary studies degree online can help you meet your career goals? Below are some common questions about Liberty’s online interdisciplinary studies program.
Is a masters in interdisciplinary studies worth it?
Our masters in interdisciplinary studies program is designed to be practical and flexible. Earning your interdisciplinary studies masters online can be the perfect answer for many education goals that traditional degrees often can’t match:
- If you already have graduate credit – Do you already have graduate credit but need to shift gears to a new career track? The MA in Interdisciplinary Studies lets you transfer in courses to complete your new degree faster.
- If your education needs are too specific for ordinary degrees – Do you need to combine two or even three areas of study that don’t usually mix? If there isn’t a typical degree that focuses on the areas you need, Liberty’s master’s in interdisciplinary studies can provide you with the best path forward.
- If you need to meet the exact needs for a new role – Are you changing careers or trying to fit unforeseen needs in your current position? The MA in Interdisciplinary Studies can help you include the exact training and courses you need into your degree.
You can find the best path forward to meet your unique needs with our online master’s in interdisciplinary studies.
What is a masters degree in interdisciplinary studies good for?
While the MA in Interdisciplinary Studies is designed to color outside of conventional lines, your chosen areas of study will be made up of course content from our traditional degrees. This overlap of content means that the interdisciplinary masters degree holds its own as an academic credential.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), which is fulfilled by our quality course content. Many of our specialized programs and schools even have their own special accreditations. You can be confident that the course content in your areas of study meets the same academic and industry standards as the course content in our traditional degrees.
For most needs, the masters in interdisciplinary studies will meet equivalent requirements for employment as other degrees and can also help you fulfill admission requirements for doctoral programs. You can provide for the immediate needs of your career while keeping your options open for the future.
What jobs can you get with a masters in interdisciplinary studies?
Since you can choose your areas of study based on the career you want, the MA in Interdisciplinary Studies can help you get a job in almost any industry. If you know that a conventional degree doesn’t fit your career needs, then you should have a good sense of the specific requirements for the job you want. If you target the specific skills and knowledge for your field of choice, then you can be confident in your preparation to tackle the challenges of your industry.
What Will You Learn in the Graduate Interdisciplinary Studies Degree?
All students enrolled in Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies program will take advanced courses in interdisciplinary studies and research. These courses can help build upon your foundational knowledge and make you more marketable in your desired field. With the flexibility to customize the rest of your studies, you will be able to achieve mastery knowledge to succeed in and live out your career passions.
Masters in Interdisciplinary Studies Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and as one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our masters in interdisciplinary studies program has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty graduates are sought after by prestigious companies for their integrity, personal discipline, and discernment.
- Our Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies graduate program can be completed in under 2 years!
Master’s in Interdisciplinary Studies Program Information
- Explore the interdisciplinary program’s Areas of Study Guide.
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- View our Graduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides. (login required)
Career Opportunities for Master’s in Interdisciplinary Studies Graduates
Potential careers will depend on the areas of study you choose!
Some examples of job opportunities based on courses you can take include the following:
- Work as an international public health advisor by combining public/community health and global studies.
- Work as a museum curator by combining executive leadership and history.
- Work as a personal trainer by combining exercise science and sports business leadership.
- Work as an undergraduate Bible professor by combining religion and education.
Military Benefits for Interdisciplinary Studies Students
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts: $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for the Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.