Get Your Career Started with an Online Physics Degree from Liberty University
If you enjoy analyzing a situation, figuring out how machines work, or experimenting with new ideas, then a career in physics may be the right fit for you. Liberty University offers a 100% online Bachelor of Science in Physics that can help you meet your professional goals.
Physics is a versatile science that places a heavy emphasis on logic, reason, and problem-solving. While these skills can be applied to a variety of fields, our physics degree specifically prepares you for roles as a mechanical engineer, particle accelerator operator, data analyst, physicist, and more. By partnering with Liberty, you can start your career in physics, meet your professional goals, and make an impact on the scientific community.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Degree in Physics?
Choosing where to pursue your degree is an important decision. You need a program that can help you meet your career goals and an institution that aligns with your beliefs. Here are some of the reasons Liberty stands out:
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Our B.S. in Physics is the first bachelor’s degree of its kind to be offered 100% online.
- The professors in this program have real-life experience in analytics, engineering, laboratory work, and other related fields.
- Each of your courses will be taught from a Christian perspective – so you can graduate knowing how to incorporate biblical principles into your work.
- Our online format gives you the flexibility to devote time to your family, work, and other responsibilities while earning your degree.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Bachelor’s in Physics?
Your physics degree will prepare you with knowledge in mathematics, mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity, and more. You will learn all you need to start your career as a physicist or another related position. Plus, you will complete a capstone course that will help you take all that you have learned and turn it into a research project that synthesizes your knowledge.
Upon graduation, you will be able to:
- Systematically explore physical phenomena by setting up experiments, collecting and analyzing data, and interpreting the results.
- Understand fundamental physics principles as well as foundational concepts within its branches of mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and quantum mechanics.
- Understand how the cosmos and laws of physics support a creator and biblical worldview.
- Use mathematical techniques for problem-solving.
- MATH 430 – Multivariable Calculus
- PHYS 331 – Electricity and Magnetism
- PHYS 432 – Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics
- PHYS 433 – Quantum Physics*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our B.S. in Physics Online Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your physics online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Gain the technical knowledge and research skills you’ll need to work as a physicist – all 100% online!
- The bachelor of physics can be completed in just 3.5 years.
Online B.S. in Physics Degree Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Bachelor’s in Physics Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for Bachelor of Science in Physics Graduates
- Data analyst
- Lab technician
- Mechanical engineer
- Optical engineer
- Particle accelerator operator
- Research associate
Admission Requirements for Liberty University’s Physics Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.