Make the Most of Your Military Service at Liberty University
Turn your military experience into a fulfilling career — or enhance your current military career — with Liberty’s military studies degree program. If you have served in the armed forces and want a degree that will reinforce the skills you gained serving our nation, then Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Military Studies – Professional will more than meet your needs.
Civilian academic programs that provide an awareness of military values and culture are rare. Rarer still are programs that adequately train military personnel and contractors to effectively handle large-scale strategic and professional operations. Liberty’s program does both.
Liberty offers 4 specializations in military studies, and if you’re serving or have served your country, the professional track is specifically designed to help you maximize the knowledge and skills you gained in the service. Your military training may even help you finish your degree faster — college credit is granted for some experience.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Military Studies Degree?
Liberty University’s Department of History has more military history specialists than any other institution of higher education in the United States, aside from service academies and the American Military University. If you are looking for a degree that offers a firm grounding in military history and also prepares you for future contracting work with the Department of Defense, other military agencies, and supporting companies, then Liberty’s military studies degree is a great choice. You’ll also find that the professional specialization complements your military service nicely.
Our award-winning online instructors and accomplished military veterans will train you for military settings with a strong emphasis on Christian morals and ethics. And with our 100% online format, you can receive this training from the comfort of your home or office!
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Military Studies Degree?
Liberty’s military studies degree can give you the knowledge and skills you need to support and defend the United States — both at home and abroad. Train to become a leader of integrity while you develop a strong Christian foundation and appreciation for our country’s Judeo-Christian heritage. Liberty University’s military studies degree explores military history as well as the deep and ancient cultural contexts for existing military policy and the threats faced in our world today.
Through this professional military studies program, you’ll learn how to lead others in a variety of military-related operations by studying military history and lessons learned on the battlefield. You’ll also develop an in-depth understanding of military doctrine and culture. Your courses are designed and will be taught by professors with relevant military experience and the fundamental knowledge you’ll need for a fulfilling career as a military contractor or Department of Defense employee.
- MISC 300 – Methods of Military Analysis*
- MISC 350 – Military Leaders and Leadership*
- MISC 490 – Research in Military Doctrine*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our B.S. in Military Studies Degree
- By earning your military studies degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- We have more military history specialists in our Department of History than any other civilian institution of higher education.
- Transfer in your military training and take advantage of our Experience Plus portfolio process to finish your degree faster.
Bachelor’s in Military History Degree Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Career Opportunities for Military Studies Online Bachelor Degree Graduates
- Military analyst
- Intelligence analyst
- Defense contractor
- Security contractor
- Department of Defense employee
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.