Enjoy Rewarding Courses while Increasing Job Opportunities with an Aviation Maintenance Management Degree
Liberty University’s online Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance Management degree is ideal for students who want to become technicians and managers in the field of aeronautics. Students in our aviation maintenance management degree program will gain a working knowledge of aircraft repair, aviation technologies, aviation safety programs, and aviation management concepts. Graduates from Liberty’s online aviation maintenance management degree program can enter the professional world prepared for an exciting career as an aviation management specialist, technician, or other related positions within the growing field.
How Can Liberty Offer an Online Aviation Maintenance Management Degree?
Liberty University is able to offer a Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance Management degree online because each student must either
- Already possess FAA mechanic certification with Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) ratings
- Or complete FAA mechanic certification with A&P ratings from an FAA-approved maintenance school in their area while completing the online courses through Liberty.
Some of the benefits of an online maintenance degree include:
- Your maintenance management certification can transfer in 45 credit hours towards your AVMT courses. See how your previous experience and certifications can apply to your degree through our Experience Plus program.
- Whether you have your certification yet or not, our online course content will add to your experience and training to help you improve your career options along the way.
- Liberty University’s School of Aeronautics is the 2018 recipient of the Loening Trophy, one of the rarest and oldest collegiate aviation awards, for being the outstanding all-around collegiate aviation program in the nation.
- See the Aviation Scholarships page to see if you could be eligible for aviation training related benefits!
Why Choose Liberty’s Aviation Maintenance Management Degree?
Liberty’s Aviation Maintenance Management degree online seeks to produce quality candidates who can exercise expert knowledge in their field. Students in the Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance Management degree program can not only understand the fundamentals of aviation safety but also gain an in-depth understanding of an aircraft. Our aviation maintenance management online degree program strives for complete career readiness in our students — meaning you will be given the tools you need to build a successful future.
Our online aviation maintenance management degree seeks to cover all areas of maintenance management. Many of the courses in our aviation maintenance management degree program provide a thorough examination of the technical side of maintenance management. These courses consist of aircraft electrical systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and reciprocating engine technology. Along with these technical skills, you will also acquire management tools through courses that cover business law, communication, and human resources management.
Through our online aviation maintenance management degree:
- Students will have the ability to train under experienced leaders in the field of aviation maintenance management.
- Students will experience challenging and rewarding curriculum provided by the largest flight school in Virginia while pursuing their online aviation maintenance management degree.
- Graduates will finish with practical and applicable knowledge in power plant systems, maintenance physics, and management.
What Will You Learn in Our Aviation Maintenance Management Degree?
Safety is important in every aspect of aviation, and pilots and maintenance professionals are an essential part of creating a safe environment for aircraft and organizations. Liberty’s bachelor’s degree in aviation maintenance management will expose you to the human limitations you may face while operating in a complex environment, so you can learn to work effectively on a team and make sound decisions to prevent accidents.
As you dive into your online aviation classes, you will learn and apply the governing Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations to maintain standards associated with manufacturing, operating, and maintaining an aircraft. It is critical that you understand every aspect of safety and how agencies operate to keep accident rates low, and through an in-depth study of the development of maintenance programs, technical planning, and control, you can prepare to address and solve any type of maintenance issue.
Whether your goal is to work in the airline industry, small private shop, or a repair station, Liberty’s online aviation maintenance management degree can equip you with in-demand skills for a successful career in aviation maintenance!
Aviation Maintenance Management Degree Featured Courses
- AVIA 300 – Aviation Safety
- AVIA 400 – Aviation Human Factors
- AVIA 451 – Aviation Maintenance Operations
- AVIA 455 – Turbine Engines and Jet Transports
Aviation Maintenance Management Degree Highlights
Liberty University’s School of Aeronautics is the 2018 recipient of the Loening Trophy, one of the rarest and oldest collegiate aviation awards, for being the outstanding all-around collegiate aviation program in the nation.
By earning your aviation maintenance management degree from a non-profit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty’s search portal while pursuing an online aviation maintenance management degree.
- BestColleges.com awarded Liberty’s programs in the top five for the 2019 Best Online Bachelor’s in Aeronautics and Aviation.
Similar Online College Degree Program
Bachelor of Science in Aviation – Liberty’s aviation program focuses on effective aeronautical decision-making skills needed for a career as a commercial, military, or missionary pilot.
Online Aviation Maintenance Management Degree Information and Format
- 120 total hours
- A maximum of 90 hours may transfer to Liberty if approved
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
- This program falls under the School of Aeronautics
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan
- View the Undergraduate Aeronautics Course Syllabi (login required)
Based on FAA requirements, the AVMT courses (45 hours) listed on this degree cannot be offered online and must be taken residentially. You may complete this requirement residentially at Liberty University, or complete FAA mechanic certification with Airframe and Powerplant ratings outside of Liberty University and Experience Plus credit may be awarded for licensure to meet the requirements of the AVMT courses (45 hrs.)
If FAA Mechanic Certification with Airframe and Powerplant ratings is already held, 45 credit hours of Experience Plus credit may be awarded for the AVMT courses.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for military training.
Potential Career Options with an Aviation Maintenance Management Degree
- Aviation Maintenance Technician and Manager
- Aviation Management Specialist
- Aircraft Manufacturing Leadership
- Missionary Aviation
Admission Requirements for the Online Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance Management Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for acceptance on caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- AVRD (Aviation Requirement Form)
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.