Let Your Career Take Flight with a Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Maintenance Management
If you want to become a technician or manager in the field of aeronautics, Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance Management is a great next step to take in your academic and professional journey. Our program is designed to give students like you a working knowledge of aircraft technology, aviation safety, and airline management.
With training from our experienced faculty, you can launch an exciting career in air transportation. Our aviation courses will equip you to lead with excellence in the realm of aircraft safety and maintenance. Partner with us and gain the tools needed to be a successful, knowledgeable, and ethical aviation professional.
How Can Liberty Offer an Online Aviation Maintenance Degree Program?
Our aviation program offers the unique opportunity to earn a maintenance management degree that’s flexible, affordable, and online. To enroll in this program, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Already possess a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)-approved mechanic certificate with Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) ratings
- Earn a mechanic certification with A&P ratings at an FAA-approved maintenance school in your area while completing Liberty’s online aviation management courses
Why Choose Liberty’s Aviation Maintenance Degree Online?
Our School of Aeronautics seeks to produce quality candidates who can exercise expert knowledge in the aviation industry. Through our aviation management courses, you can achieve career readiness and gain the tools you need to build a successful future. We’ve designed our program to maximize your potential as you prepare to live out your life’s calling.
Real-World Training | As pioneers in distance learning, we are committed to preparing students like you to enter the job market with skills and confidence. At Liberty, you won’t just learn from a textbook – you’ll gain practical skills that can boost your résumé and help you stand out to employers. You can be confident that the training you receive will equip you for success in a variety of career paths.
Flexibility | If you’re worried that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities, we have just what you need. With our online B.S. in Aviation Maintenance Management, you can complete your courses from the comfort of your home and easily access your study materials whenever you need them. Most importantly, you can stay invested in your family, job, and community while earning a degree that can take your career to the next level.
Experienced Faculty | In this aviation program, you’ll learn from professors who have years of experience working in aeronautics. Drawing on what they have learned in their own careers, they’ll provide top-notch instruction that prepares you to lead with skill and integrity in the workplace. Our faculty are committed to fostering your personal, academic, and professional growth.
Biblical Principles | At Liberty, we’ll do more than provide you with on-the-job training. We’ve also designed our courses to help you integrate ethical principles with professional knowledge. That way, you can stand out in the workplace as a person of integrity and reliability.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Aviation Maintenance Courses?
Experience a challenging and rewarding curriculum at the largest flight school in Virginia. By the time you finish Liberty’s online aviation management program, you will possess practical, real-world knowledge of power plant systems, aircraft maintenance physics, and aviation technology. Whether your goal is to work in the airline industry or at a private repair shop, this degree can equip you for a successful career in aviation maintenance.
Many of the courses in this program provide a thorough look at the technical side of aircraft maintenance. You’ll learn how to fix and maintain electrical systems, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, reciprocating engine technology, turbine engines, and landing gear technology. You’ll also acquire business management skills by taking courses in business law, communications, and leadership.
Learn about the FAA regulations associated with manufacturing, operating, and maintaining aircraft. Through in-depth analysis of maintenance programs, technical planning, and aircraft control, you can prepare to address many issues that arise in the aerospace industry.
Safety is important in every aspect of aviation, and maintenance professionals play an essential role in creating a secure environment for pilots, passengers, and flight crews. Liberty’s general aviation courses will help you understand the human limitations you may face while working in the airline industry. You’ll learn how to effectively manage a team, maintain aircraft safety, and make sound decisions to prevent accidents.
- AVIA 300 – Aviation Safety
- AVIA 400 – Aviation Human Factors
- AVIA 451 – Aviation Maintenance Operations
- AVIA 455 – Turbine Engines and Jet Transports
Highlights of Our B.S. in Aircraft Maintenance Management
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online B.S. in Aviation Maintenance Management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University’s School of Aeronautics was the 2018 recipient of the Loening Trophy, one of the rarest and oldest collegiate aviation awards, for being the most outstanding college aviation program in the nation.
- You can transfer in 45 credit hours towards your aviation maintenance technician (AVMT) courses if you already possess an FAA-approved maintenance management certification. Find out how your previous experience and FAA certifications can apply to your degree through our Experience Plus program.
- Visit our Aviation Scholarships page to find out if you could be eligible for aviation training-related benefits!
- The courses in this program are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- As an online Liberty student, you will have access to a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
- Your major and general education courses alike will help build your skill set and expand your career options.
Bachelor’s in Aviation Maintenance Management Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty University’s School of Aeronautics.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for Liberty’s online aviation management degree.
- View the Undergraduate Aeronautics Course Guides (login required).
Based on FAA requirements, the AVMT courses (45 hours) listed on this degree cannot be offered online and must be taken residentially. You may complete this requirement residentially at Liberty University, or you can complete an FAA mechanic certification with A&P ratings at another institution in your area. If you earn this certification elsewhere or already possess an FAA mechanic certificate with A&P ratings, 45 credit hours of Experience Plus credit may be awarded to meet the AVMT course requirements (45 hours).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Aviation Maintenance Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
What Can You Do with a Bachelor’s in Aviation Maintenance Management?
Earning this degree can equip you for many careers in the aeronautics industry. Some roles you may qualify for include:
- Aircraft maintenance technician
- Airline manager
- Airport manager
- Air traffic controller
- FAA inspector
- Missionary pilot
Admission Requirements for the Online B.S. in Aviation Maintenance Management Degree Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- AVRD (aviation requirement form)
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.