Bachelor of Science Early Childhood Education Interdisciplinary Studies
|Dr. Beth Ackerman — Associate Dean, School of Education
Gain insight into the foundational principles of education by earning your Bachelor of Science Early Childhood Education Interdisciplinary Studies from Liberty University Online. The program will equip you to achieve your career goals as you approach the discipline of education from a Christian perspective, and establish a firm understanding of early childhood educational development and behavior.
Courses also examine theories and methodology of Christian education to assist those who will work in Christian schools, churches, and the home. You will also study current trends practiced in today’s private and public schools, while evaluating associated methods and interventions such as differentiated learning and direct instruction.
Explore the foundation of education that can assist a student in becoming a teacher candidate in a graduate education program. This online degree will prepare you to enter the workforce, or pursue a postgraduate degree like a master's degree program.
Prior learning and experience may be assessed for academic credit toward your degree with Liberty Online. Credentials accepted for transfer include:
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Christian Child Development Education (CCDE), CDEA
- The Preschool Associate Credential (PAC), ACSI
- $375 per credit hour (based on full-time enrollment)
- 120 total hours
- 45 major hours
- 30 hours must be taken through Liberty
- 50% (18 hours) of major must be taken through Liberty
- 30 hours of upper-level course are a required part of the 120 total hours
- One 90-hour practicum is optional
Potential Career Fields
- Early Childhood Centers
Want to learn more?