Grow in Your Faith by Pursuing a Diploma through the Willmington School of the Bible
The Willmington School of the Bible (WSB) is an online diploma designed for students who desire a deeper understanding of the Bible but do not wish to complete a degree program.
As an institutional diploma program, the Willmington School of the Bible provides a focused selection of Bible study, Christian ministry, church history, and theology courses so that you can focus on deepening your faith and knowledge of Scripture.
By earning a diploma from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field. Our Willmington School of the Bible online program is well suited for lay ministers, pastors, Christian leaders, and those interested in a deeper study of the Bible for personal growth.
Can I Transfer Credits I Have Earned with my WSB Diploma into a Bachelor’s Degree?
If you choose to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Religion at a later time, all 60 credit hours earned in the WSB program may be transferred as a mix of foundational biblical studies and electives. This means you would only have around 60 additional credit hours of accredited online course content to complete to earn your bachelor’s degree. Transfer credit would best fit into a Bachelor of Science in Religion but can be used in any of Liberty’s undergraduate religion degrees. Undergraduate credit from other programs cannot be applied to your Willmington School of the Bible program.
If you would like to transfer any credits you’ve earned in the WSB diploma, please send an email to the online transcript evaluation team at email@example.com with this request. Your transcript will be evaluated, and the appropriate credit will be posted in our system.
To begin your admission into Liberty University’s online programs or to get answers to any questions you may have, please contact an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9595.
Additional Program Information
- Download and review the Graduate of Theology (WSB) Diploma Completion Plan.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions information.
- Apply online or call (800) 424-9595 to apply with an admissions counselor.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Students must submit one of the following:
- English proficiency test scores for students who speak English as a second language (see the admission requirements page for more information).
You can view all of the biblical training courses you will study while pursuing the Willmington School of the Bible diploma program by logging in.
We have provided a few course guides below for those who do not have a Liberty account yet to review.
- Only Willmington School of the Bible (WSB) students may transfer credit directly to Liberty University’s online programs.
- Liberty Home Bible Institute (LHBI), Institute of Biblical Studies, and Church Bible Institute students may not use direct transfer credit. These students may be able to use Credit by Portfolio.
- WSB credit can be transferred to any undergraduate programs, as applicable. However, undergraduate credit cannot be applied to WSB.
- WSB courses will be transferred as grades of “P”.
- There is no maximum amount of credits allowed.
- WSB students can transfer up to 60 credit hours into their LU program, depending on LU DCP requirements.
- Courses will be considered as credit taken through Liberty and will count toward university graduation requirements.
- WSB transfer credit does not count toward any waiver of high school transcripts or SAT/ACT requirements.
- A transfer will be approved only if a grade of “C” or above was earned.
- WSB courses are considered institutional credit and count towards the institutional requirement in undergraduate degree plans.
- Students may request a WSB evaluation and transfer of credit by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students must apply to an LU undergrad program before submitting a request for transfer of credit.
- Either the student or admissions counselor will email the request for transfer evaluation to email@example.com.
- Transcripts are printed and evaluated by the transfer team and keyed in the system.
- Copies will be sent to the student.
- Credits will appear on the transcript with undergraduate transfer work in a UG division under the heading “Willmington School of the Bible.”