Ph.D. in Nursing – Nursing Education Admission Requirements
These requirements also apply to the Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership.
At this time, our Ph.D. in Nursing Education degree is limited in certain states. Please view the licensure/certification requirements for your state. International students can contact the School of Nursing related to their degree interest.
- Apply online or call (800) 424-9596 to apply to a degree program with an admissions counselor.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Official college transcripts (sent as sealed, unopened copies or via a direct electronic transcript system) must show a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree with at least a 3.0 for admission in good standing.
- Contact information for one recommender
- Statement of Purpose
- One year minimum experience as a Registered Nurse (RN). Registered Nurse Licensure verification will be conducted annually until the curriculum for the online Ph.D. in Nursing: Nursing Education is completed. As the student, you are responsible to notify the School of nursing should any restrictions be placed on your license.
Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Email for Questions
Email for Sending Documents
Back to the Ph.D. in Nursing – Nursing Education page.
Back to the Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership page.