Pursue Advanced Roles in the Field of Allied Health with a General PhD in Health Sciences Online
Liberty University’s 100% online Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Health Sciences – General degree offers you the opportunity to earn a terminal credential that fits your academic and career goals. This program can help you pursue advanced roles in research, academia, and clinical settings. Additionally, our health sciences PhD can help equip you with the leadership skills needed to meet the diverse needs of the healthcare community. Whether you enjoy working with patients or training up the next generation of scientists and scholars, our doctoral degree in health sciences can help you become an industry leader.
In this program, you’ll explore advanced topics in risk management, evidence-based practice, cultural competency, and research methods. With the general track, you’ll have the freedom to select courses that align with your interests or that best support your dissertation topic. Our goal is to help you lead with excellence and integrity as you teach at the college level, conduct vital research in the field of allied health, or pursue higher-level positions in clinical and non-clinical settings.
Earn your health sciences PhD at Liberty and prepare to explore new opportunities in the field of allied health!
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Health Sciences PhD?
At Liberty, you won’t need to put your life on hold to achieve your academic goals. We’ve designed our online health sciences degree with your success in mind. This program is offered 100% online, giving you the flexibility to complete your coursework from the comfort of your home. With our online learning platform, you can stay invested in your family, job, and community while taking the next step in your academic journey.
Throughout this health sciences program, you’ll learn from professors who have extensive experience working in academia, research, and health and human services settings. Our faculty are passionate about what they do, knowledgeable in their field, and committed to helping you gain the skills and credentials you need to take your career to the next level.
Liberty University is regionally accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Our programs have met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements — so you can pursue your degree with confidence. Additionally, our courses integrate ethical training with industry best practices, so you can prepare to lead with integrity in your field.
Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ. In keeping with this goal, we seek to train up ethical, value-driven professionals who can make a difference in their communities. If you are seeking a promotion or a pay raise, our doctoral degree in health sciences can help you demonstrate your expertise to employers.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our PhD in Health Sciences Program?
Our doctoral health sciences program is broken down into 4 main parts: core health sciences courses, research and statistics classes, dissertation courses, and the general specialization. Within the core courses, you’ll study healthcare delivery systems, evidence-based practices in health sciences, and strategies for teaching in the health sciences discipline. Our professors will also train you to develop respect for cultural differences among patient populations and help you foster culturally sensitive methods of healthcare delivery.
Additionally, our research and statistics courses can help you understand the quantitative and qualitative research methods used in the field of health sciences. You’ll also explore how to review and critique the quality of literature found for focused clinical questions. You can then conduct original research throughout the dissertation process and contribute your own scholarly work to the base of knowledge in your field.
The general area of study has no set courses, so you can select classes that best align with your interests and career goals. With guidance from our seasoned faculty, you can strengthen your knowledge of the allied health discipline, learn how to better serve your clients, and become equipped to pass on your love of health sciences to the next generation of students.
- HSCI 705 – Ethical Issues in Health Sciences
- HSCI 710 – Healthcare Delivery Systems
- HSCI 730 – Risk Management in Health Sciences
- HSCI 810 – Review and Critique of Health Science Literature
Course guides coming soon
Highlights of Our Doctorate in Health Sciences Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch library portal while pursuing your doctoral degree in health sciences.
- As an online student, you’ll have the opportunity to network with leaders in health sciences from across the country.
- With our 100% online PhD in Health Sciences – General, you can earn your degree from the comfort of your home.
- Completing your PhD gives you a terminal credential that shows employers you have reached the pinnacle of achievement in your field.
Online Health Sciences Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Doctorate in Health Sciences Job Opportunities
Depending on your previously obtained certifications and licenses, some of the roles you could pursue with this degree include:
- Healthcare administrator
- Healthcare communications specialist
- Medical assistant
- Public health worker
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Doctoral Degree in Health Sciences
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.