Advance and Shape Ethical, Christ-Centered Policy with a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Public Policy
As a public policy expert, your community, organization, and government depend on you to make good policy decisions. With Liberty University’s Ph.D. in Public Policy, you can be prepared to address the most important issues facing our nation today. Whether you are looking to enhance your credentials, teach public policy at the university level, or conduct research to add to the body of knowledge in the discipline of public policy, you will find this program suits your needs.
Our Ph.D. in Public Policy can prepare you for senior roles at all levels of government and in every sector of society. The courses you’ll take will provide the training you need to lead the charge on important policy issues. The biblical principles your coursework is centered on emphasize the importance of applying Christian ethical standards to management practices.
Our PhD in counseling online degree is taught by professionals with real-world experience in clinical and leadership settings. The PhD in Counseling program curriculum builds on your knowledge and expertise to grow critical thinking, leadership, and clinical skills. Whether you are seeking to expand in your current role or explore other areas within the counseling field, our PhD in Counseling online program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you need.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ph.D. Degree in Public Policy?
Because our Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Public Policy can be completed 100% online, you’ll be able to remain active with your family, career, and community. You can increase your knowledge and develop skills that will help you serve your community, district, state, and nation. Our Ph.D. in Public Policy will give you access to faculty who are statesmen, leaders, and policymakers, all of whom embody a Christ-centered philosophy that will guide you throughout your personal and educational journey.
Completing this terminal degree gives you the opportunity to develop expertise in and understanding of important political philosophies that affect and influence the way our society operates. You will learn how to effectively shape policy in governmental, legislative, political, communications, managerial, academic, and international relations areas. Additionally, by choosing Liberty’s doctoral degree in public policy, you’ll be choosing a degree that is taught from a conservative Christian worldview.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Doctoral Degree in Public Policy?
Our public policy Ph.D. provides a balanced study of both policy and functions of government that will help equip you to be successful as a senior leader in public service and policymaking roles. Policies in the areas of healthcare, taxation, immigration, and international relations are all issues that affect our community in ways that most people do not realize. Our courses will prepare you to address some of the biggest policy issues and needs facing the nation today.
This program can also prepare you to motivate and instruct future public policy leaders, researchers, and scholars. Our courses in statesmanship, contemporary challenges to constitutional order, and the role of the state provide critical training that prepares you to make policy decisions with integrity. All of our courses are taught from a biblical worldview and speak specifically to the biblical perspective on public policy and leadership.
Benefits of Choosing Liberty University to Pursue Your Ph.D. in Public Policy
- By earning your Ph.D. in Public Policy from an accredited, nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you can be confident your degree will be well respected within your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online Ph.D. in Public Policy in as little as three years.
Potential Career Options
- Professor (Higher Education)
- Public Interest/Advocacy Group Director
- Senior Public Policy Analyst
Program Information and Requirements for the Ph.D. in Public Policy
- Within this Ph.D. you will complete a dissertation with the support of our experienced faculty
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
- This program falls under our Helms School of Government
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan
- View our doctoral course guides (login required)
Admission Requirements for Ph.D. in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited Master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.