Coordinate New Initiatives with a Master’s in Engineering Management
If you are an engineering professional or graduate interested in advancing in your career, then a master’s in engineering is the next step in achieving your goal. At Liberty University, we have designed our Master of Science in Engineering Management – Project Management to provide you with the knowledge and skills you’ll need to move into leadership roles.
Our program can prepare you with the tools you’ll need to take on positions as a cost systems or engineering analyst, processing engineer, or project manager. You’ll learn to manage engineering projects and lead your own initiatives. All of this can help you advance in your career, assume new job responsibilities, and even increase your earning potential.
By partnering with Liberty, you are giving yourself the opportunity to earn a degree that can take you further. You’ll be able to lead others with skill, insight, and integrity.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Engineering and Project Management Degree?
As an engineering professional, you understand the importance of excellence, integrity, and efficiency. We understand these values too, and that’s why our mission is Training Champions for Christ. We work to provide you with the benefits you’ll need to complete your degree and continue to make strides towards your personal and professional goals.
A Standard of Excellence
Choosing where to pursue your degree is important. If you choose Liberty, you can trust that you’re earning your degree from a reputable institution. Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, so you can complete your program with confidence.
Complete Your Degree Efficiently
Our master’s in engineering degree is offered 100% online, and each course is available in an 8-week format with 8 different start dates throughout the year. You can complete your degree on your own schedule and at your own pace, allowing you to continue to dedicate time to your career, family, and community.
Graduate with Integrity
Each of our courses is integrated with a Christian worldview. We want you to be able to enter engineering management with integrity. You’ll learn to lead others ethically by incorporating biblical principles into your career.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Project Management and Engineering Degree?
Throughout your program, you will study foundational business and engineering courses that can prepare you for your future as a leader in the field. You’ll learn about accounting, operations, and risk and quality management. You’ll also take courses covering engineering principles like engineering law, strategic planning, and systems engineering.
Additionally, you will take advanced project management courses so you can understand how to manage and lead new initiatives. You’ll learn about global project management by studying how to manage multinational teams, handle global logistics, and work with global virtual software tools.
- BUSI 680 – Advanced Project Management I
- ENGR 500 – Systems Engineering*
- ENGR 520 – Engineering Law*
- MGMT 610 – Risk Management
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Engineering and Project Management Master’s Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- You can complete your master’s in engineering management in as little as 1 year!
- With this degree, you can benefit from the increased job opportunities and higher salaries that are available to graduates of a master’s in engineering program.
Master of Engineering Management – Project Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Engineering.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Engineering Course Guides and Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Engineering Project Management Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for M.S. in Engineering Management Graduates
- Cost systems analyst
- Engineering analyst
- Engineering project manager
- Processing engineer
Admission Requirements for the M.S. in Engineering Management
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree in engineering with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.