Help Your Organization Run Smoothly with Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering Technology
Businesses compete globally and locally in the marketplace, each looking for an advantage over the competition. Therefore, they are always looking for ways to increase efficiency while simultaneously improving quality and profitability. Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering Technology can help you prepare for a career where you are designing solutions for these problems in business or industrial environments.
This industrial engineering technology degree can prepare you for a future working as a member or leader of a technical team. You can learn how to design systems, components, and processes that meet specific needs within a broadly defined set of engineering problems. You can also gain the ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, experiments, and then analyze the results to improve performance
Please note: Senior-level courses for this program will be offered for the first time during the 2023-2024 academic year. For students enrolling in Fall 2021, this may extend your average completion time to 4 years instead of 3.5 years.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Industrial Engineering Technology Degree?
Liberty University’s B.S. in Industrial Engineering Technology can help you gain a broad spectrum of skills that may be applied to many different fields. This degree is also 100% online, so you can continue serving in your community while preparing for a brighter future in the engineering and quality control field.
With practical skills to help you utilize a plant’s workers and equipment to meet production goals, you can ensure that production stays on schedule and within budget. This is valuable for businesses because you can help identify defects or problems in their processes and offer solutions to fix them. This can save a company millions of dollars over the course of production, and it can be a very lucrative career. The median annual wage for industrial production managers was $108,790 in 2020.*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at the Occupational Outlook Handbook, Industrial Production Managers (viewed online July 9, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering Technology Degree?
Our industrial engineering technology degree offers a broad scope of foundational knowledge that can prepare you for a career in the engineering field. Depending on your role, you must consider costs, human factors, and other principles of business management. You can take accounting, business, chemistry, math, and engineering courses covering these and other topics.
Another part of your studies will be technical communication, which can help you understand the 3 main types of technical writing: operational, promotional, and reportorial. Understanding how to evaluate and edit your documents depending on the audience is vital in maintaining clear communication.
A large part of industrial engineering technology is refining business processes through rigorous data analysis. You can study Six Sigma to learn how to incorporate this valuable process improvement methodology into your organization’s operations. Upon graduation, you can be equipped to work effectively as a team member or leader in business or industrial engineering.
- ENGE 205 – Electrical Systems
- ENGI 307 – Data Analysis and Machine Learning
- ENGI 330 – Facilities Design
- ENGI 371 – Six Sigma, Lean, and Kaizen
Course guides coming soon
B.S. in Industrial Engineering Technology Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Engineering.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- Review our Undergraduate Engineering Course Guides (login required).
Career Opportunities for Industrial Engineering Technology Graduates
- Industrial engineer
- Industrial technologist
- Lean coordinator
- Operations manager
- Process engineer
- Production manager
- Production planner
- Project engineer
- Quality engineer
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Highlights of Our Industrial Engineering Technology Bachelor’s Degree
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online B.S. in Industrial Engineering Technology degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- This program is offered in an 8-week course format with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times!
- You can have access to the latest technology and qualified faculty who seek to know you personally and provide you with opportunities for education, research, and training in a Christ-centered environment.
- You can have the opportunity to synthesize your studies in a final capstone project that will cover planning and project management as well as execution and implementation.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.