Grow Your Leadership Skills and Expand Your Influence with Liberty’s PhD in Advanced Educational Studies Degree
Have you received your Doctor of Education (EdD), but you find yourself needing a degree that helps you move into the realm of research so you can make valuable contributions to your field? Liberty University has designed a unique opportunity to transfer up to two-thirds of your conferred EdD credit into our PhD in Advanced Educational Studies – Educational Leadership.
Successful education requires outstanding leadership and guidance at the top of the organization. Liberty University’s 100% online PhD in educational leadership degree program will expand your knowledge, skills, and training in the leadership aspects of education. Additionally, you can use your degree to gain a strong authority in leadership found in corporations, businesses, and successful educational administrations. Each course in the online education degree integrates specific course materials and assignments that require you to examine relevant topics and current events in light of Scripture and a Christian worldview.
With advanced training in education, organizational leadership, ethics, and research, you will gain valuable communication and problem-solving skills needed to lead your students and organization to success. Our PhD in Advanced Educational Studies – Educational Leadership online can provide you with the tools and skills you need to lead an educational administration as well as develop research materials and publications to contribute to the body of knowledge in educational leadership.
Why Choose Liberty’s PhD in Advanced Educational Studies Degree in Educational Leadership?
Your time is valuable so we have designed this degree to allow graduates from EdD programs the opportunity to add a specialization and pursue a PhD degree without needing to start from the beginning of a doctoral program. Liberty’s online PhD in Advanced Educational Studies in Educational Leadership can help you expand on your EdD research or capstone project by giving you the chance to create a dissertation on a similar research topic.
We designed our online PhD in educational leadership to allow EdD graduates the opportunity to transfer up to two-thirds of their conferred credit into a Liberty PhD in Advanced Educational Studies program. Furthermore, it’s 100% online, which means you are not required to attend courses on campus at any time as you pursue your degree. We are committed to helping you obtain your degree in a way that is most convenient for you. You will also receive training and instruction from professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and ready to equip you to be a Champion for Christ in the education field.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s PhD in Educational Leadership?
Liberty University’s educational leadership courses integrate theoretical knowledge with practical skills necessary for effective educational leadership. Our courses teach you how to analyze and evaluate rational and irrational decision-making from an ethical standpoint for educational leadership and policy formulation.
As you begin our PhD in educational leadership degree online, you will learn how to apply organizational theories and models to create and lead effective higher education organizations and implement best practices. You will also cover issues of effective communication and how to develop productive relationships both within and outside of the school.
In addition, you will conduct research and work on your dissertation to contribute to the field of educational leadership. This shift in course emphasis will allow you to take what you’ve gained in your professional degree and apply it to a more research-focused doctorate.
- EDUC 740 – Leadership Principles and Ethics
- EDUC 741 – Theories of Educational Leadership
- EDUC 742 – Educational Leadership and Public Relations
- EDUC 745 – Organizational Analysis and Problem Solving
PhD in Educational Leadership Degree Information
- This program falls under our School of Education.
- An extensive final dissertation project is required.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options with an Educational Leadership Degree
- Academic dean
- Chief learning officer
- Educational researcher
- Executive director of education
- Higher education administration
- Higher education curriculum coordinator
- Higher education professor
- School superintendent
Admission Requirements for Our Online PhD in Advanced Educational Studies – Educational Leadership
A conferred PhD in Education or Ed.D. from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Highlights of the Online Educational Leadership PhD Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online PhD in Advanced Educational Studies degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- If you have a conferred Ed.D. or PhD in Education, you can earn a PhD in Advanced Educational Studies with only 21 hours of research and dissertation requirements.
- You will learn how to create and administer effective education environments.
- Our Doctor of Philosophy in Advanced Educational Studies program will allow you to develop educational management skills and foster leadership in teachers and students.
- Our PhD online is a 3-year program that includes an integrated dissertation process allowing you to work toward your final research project while completing your coursework. Completing your PhD gives you a terminal educational credential that shows employers you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.