Become an Impactful Leader in Education with Liberty’s Online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership Degree
Do you have a calling to create the best possible educational experience for the young people in your community? Our online doctorate in educational leadership is the perfect program to provide you with the leadership and research skills you need to evaluate educational challenges, find viable solutions, and create a positive experience for students. By combining affordability and flexibility with academic excellence, our online doctoral program can give you the credentials you need to reach your full potential and open up career advancement opportunities.
At Liberty, we do not just train professionals — we train professionals who are prepared to lead with integrity. Our mission is Training Champions for Christ, meaning we offer academically rigorous online doctoral programs from a biblical worldview to prepare you to change the world for Christ.
Please note: Students enrolling in Educational Leadership programs after April 1, 2020, will not be eligible to receive Georgia Tier I or Tier II Educational Leadership Certification.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Doctorate in Educational Leadership Program?
At Liberty University, your success is our success, so we utilize cutting edge technology to bring you the best online learning experience possible. Liberty University has been pioneering and growing online learning since 1985, adapting to meet the educational and career needs of our students.
Our 100% online Ed.D. program format is designed to complement your schedule, allowing you to continue your education with the flexibility you need to maintain your relationships and responsibilities. Additionally, our School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
What Will You Learn in Our Educational Leadership Doctorate Degree?
Our online education classes provide the tools you need to understand the context of current educational issues and trends, so you can evaluate and solve real-world problems that exist in schools today. Our online professors have experience in educational leadership and will equip you with practical skills you can use to both further your career and create a better learning environment for your students.
Through our online Ed.D. in Educational Leadership degree program, you will be prepared to take on leadership roles within your school and community as well as advocate for the needs of your students. At Liberty University, we care about you as an individual and are committed to helping you achieve your full potential. Let us come alongside you to help you make an impact on education.
- EDUC 701 — Advanced Learning Theory and Research
- EDUC 741 — Theories of Educational Leadership
- EDUC 742 — Educational Leadership and Public Relations
- EDUC 747 – Educational Law
Ed.D. in Educational Leadership Degree Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years — and counting.
While completing our Ed.D. in Educational Leadership degree online, you will hone your instructional methods and understanding of learning theory so that you can manage the crucial higher-order curriculum and instruction improvements needed in K-12 and higher education institutions.
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- View the Post-Graduate Advising Guide.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- Please note: Students enrolling in Educational Leadership programs after April 1, 2020, will not be eligible to receive Georgia Tier I or Tier II Educational Leadership Certification.
Military Benefits for Our Online Doctorate in Educational Leadership Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- College administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- K-12 teacher or college professor
- School administrator
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in Educational Leadership Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.