Become an Impactful Leader in Education with Liberty’s Online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership Degree
You have a calling to create the best possible educational experience for the young people in your community. Our online doctorate in educational leadership is the perfect program to provide you with the leadership and research skills you need to evaluate educational challenges, find viable solutions, and create a positive experience for students. By combining affordability and flexibility with academic excellence, our online doctoral program can give you the credentials you need to reach your full potential and open up career advancement opportunities.
At Liberty, we do not just train professionals – we train professionals who are prepared to lead with integrity. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ, meaning we offer academically rigorous online doctoral programs from a biblical worldview to prepare you to change the world for Christ.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Doctorate in Educational Leadership Program?
At Liberty University, your success is our success, so we utilize cutting edge technology to bring you the best online learning experience possible. Because we have been pioneering distance learning since 1985, we have experience innovating, growing, and adapting to the needs of our students.
Our 100% online Ed.D. program format is designed to complement your schedule, allowing you to continue your education with the flexibility you need to maintain your relationships and responsibilities. We have also achieved accreditation by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
What Will You Learn in Our Educational Leadership Doctorate Degree?
Our online education classes provide the tools you need to understand the context of current educational issues and trends, so you can evaluate and solve real-world problems that exist in schools today. Our online professors have experience in educational leadership and will equip you with practical skills you can use to both further your career and create a better learning environment for your students.
Through our online Ed.D. in Educational Leadership degree program, you will be prepared to take on leadership roles within your school and community as well as advocate for the needs of your students. At Liberty University, we care about you as an individual and are committed to helping you achieve your full potential. Let us come alongside you so you can impact education the way you always knew you could.
- EDUC 701 – Advanced Learning Theory and Research
- EDUC 741 – Theories of Educational Leadership
- EDUC 742 – Educational Leadership and Public Relations
- EDUC 746 – Conflict Resolution
Ed.D. in Educational Leadership Degree Program Highlights
By earning your Ed.D. in Educational Leadership degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past four years – and counting.
While completing our Ed.D. in Educational Leadership degree online, you will hone your instructional methods and understanding of learning theory so that you can manage the crucial higher-order curriculum and instruction improvements needed in K-12 and higher education institutions.
- While completing the online Ed.D. in Educational Leadership degree, you will be trained in essential research and testing skills so that you can ensure your institution is providing effective instruction.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Doctor of Education (Ph.D.) in Higher Education Administration – our Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration will give you the skills you need to lead in universities or influence others as an educational consultant. You will learn about the special learning needs of college students, the intricacies of college and university administration, and advanced school law.
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Christian Leadership – our 100% online Ed.D. degree in Christian leadership will teach you practical applications of biblical leadership within the context of education and ministry. You will learn about the theological foundations and implications of education, as well as organizational theory and development. Our Ed.D. in Christian Leadership degree will prepare you for academic, organizational, and ministry leadership roles.
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- View the Post-Graduate Advising Guide.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for the online Ed.D. in Educational Leadership program.
- View the online School of Education program’s Course Syllabi. (login required)
Military Benefits for Our Online Doctorate in Educational Leadership Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Curriculum Specialist
- Instructional Supervisor
- School Administrator
- K-12 or College Teacher
- College Administrator
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in Educational Leadership Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.