Be an Impactful Educator with an Online Educational Leadership Degree
As an educator, you find the best ways to help your students learn in an effective and engaging way. But if you want to use your teaching experience to help lead your school and fellow educators to build a better learning environment, it is important to foster skills in leadership and management.
Liberty University’s online doctorate in educational leadership is the perfect program to help provide you with the leadership and research skills that are integral to evaluating educational challenges, finding viable solutions, and creating a positive experience for students.
By combining affordability and flexibility with academic excellence, our online doctoral program can give you the credentials you need to reach your full potential and open up career advancement opportunities.
At Liberty, we do not just train professionals — we train professionals who are prepared to lead with integrity. Our mission is Training Champions for Christ, meaning we offer quality online doctoral programs from a biblical worldview to prepare you to change the world for Christ.
With a foundation of excellent teaching practice and innovative scholarship, you can be an effective, ethical leader in your school district or university. Earning your EdD in leadership can give you the tools you need to build a better future for students. Come be a part of our mission to make a positive impact on the world of education!
Please note: Students enrolling in Educational Leadership programs after April 1, 2020, will not be eligible to receive Georgia Tier I or Tier II Educational Leadership Certification.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Doctorate in Educational Leadership Program?
At Liberty University, your success is our success, so we use cutting-edge technology to bring you the best online learning experience possible. Liberty University has been pioneering distance learning since 1985, adapting to meet the educational and career needs of our students with world-class online learning. You can be confident that Liberty’s online EdD in leadership degree leverages practical, effective online tools to support your studies and help you succeed.
Additionally, our School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
As you pursue your EdD in Educational Leadership at Liberty, you can be confident that your online EdD degree has met rigorous educational standards. And with the innovative research you complete in your capstone project, you can stand out as a knowledgeable educator with practical skills.
Our 100% online EdD program format is designed to complement your schedule, allowing you to continue your education with the flexibility you need to maintain your relationships and responsibilities. This focus on building a doctoral degree in educational leadership that provides quality training while meeting your schedule needs lets you earn your degree in less time and use your new skills sooner.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re researching the best doctoral programs in educational leadership, you need to know how the benefits of online training can help you gain the skills and knowledge you need. Below are some common questions about earning your EdD in Educational Leadership online.
Are online doctoral programs in educational leadership respected?
Educational leadership doctoral programs were usually taken at a brick-and-mortar campus in previous years. But online programs such as Liberty’s EdD degree demonstrate that high-quality academics and cutting-edge research don’t have to come from a campus. Schools and employers need professionals who can apply advanced theory to practical solutions, and earning your Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership online with Liberty University can help you fill that need.
With our program meeting rigorous standards for quality and teaching, you can take advantage of the flexibility of online studies while gaining the skills and knowledge you need for your career. Paired with your teaching experience and previous education studies, you can expand your options to make a positive impact on students around the world.
What can I do with an EdD in Educational Leadership?
Pursuing an online EdD program in educational leadership may be the most flexible and affordable way to earn your doctorate in education, but it is still an investment that you want to make sure you fully weigh. But when considering the career options that can open up for you with an EdD, you can have many new opportunities to look forward to. With previous education experience and related teaching licensure, an EdD in Educational Leadership can open the door to many roles, such as:
- Chief learning officer
- College executive administrator
- K-12 curriculum director
- School board administrator
- University provost or dean
Please note: any of these roles may require specific initial or add-on licensure. See your state’s Department of Education website for details about special requirements.
What makes educational leadership different from business administration?
If you already have an extensive education background, you may wonder if a business degree might be a better fit to give you the management and leadership skills you need. There is some crossover between the management, business, and strategic skills needed to be a good leader in business and education. However, educational leadership EdD programs are specially designed to fulfill all of the areas you need for the field of education.
Earning your EdD in Educational Leadership from Liberty University could be the best path forward to ensure that you can tackle any challenges in your future career in education administration.
What Will You Learn in Our Educational Leadership Doctorate Degree?
Our online education classes seek to provide the tools you need to understand the context of current educational issues and trends so you can evaluate and solve real-world problems that exist in schools today. Our online professors have experience in educational leadership and can help equip you with practical skills you can use to both further your career and create a better learning environment for your students.
Through our online EdD in Educational Leadership degree program, you can be prepared to take on leadership roles within your school and community as well as advocate for the needs of your students. At Liberty University, we care about you as an individual and are committed to helping you achieve your full potential. Let us come alongside you to help you make an impact on education.
- EDUC 701 – Advanced Learning Theory and Research
- EDUC 741 – Theories of Educational Leadership
- EDUC 742 – Educational Leadership and Public Relations
- EDUC 746 – Conflict Resolution
EdD in Educational Leadership Degree Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your educational leadership doctorate degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- While completing our EdD in Educational Leadership degree online, you can hone your instructional methods and understanding of learning theory so that you can manage the crucial higher-order curriculum and instruction improvements needed in K-12 and higher education institutions.
- The online EdD in Educational Leadership degree seeks to provide training in essential research and testing skills so that you can ensure your institution is providing effective instruction.
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- View the Post-Graduate Advising Guide.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- Please note: Students enrolling in Educational Leadership programs after April 1, 2020, will not be eligible to receive Georgia Tier I or Tier II Educational Leadership Certification.
Military Benefits for Our Online Doctorate in Educational Leadership Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Careers with an EdD Degree in Education Leadership
- College administrator
- Curriculum director
- Instructional supervisor
- School board administrator
- University professor
Please note: this program does not lead to initial or advanced licensure.
Admission Requirements for Our Online EdD in Educational Leadership Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.