Learn to Lead the Church with Our B.S. in Religion – Christian Leadership Degree
Liberty University’s bachelor’s degree in religion, with a specialization in Christian leadership, is designed to help you uncover how God has gifted you to lead in your local church and community. Through this degree, you will enhance your leadership and administrative skills and explore foundational topics in religious studies so you can gain an understanding of the biblical principles you need to pursue ministry as a profession.
With a concentration in Christian leadership, you will gain a strong theological foundation on which you can develop and build your leadership and management philosophy. You will also study the most effective ways to set goals, create collaboration between members of a church staff, develop strategies, and manage the priorities and needs of your organization. Ultimately, you will be better prepared to serve as a pastor, administrator, program director, or Christian leader.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online B.S. in Religion – Christian Leadership Degree?
In your Christian leadership degree, you will find the right balance of quality education, training, and flexibility. Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), which ensures that your degree will be well-respected and recognized. Additionally, our courses are taught by professors who have both education and years of life experience in their fields. You will learn firsthand the challenges and issues Christian leaders face in today’s churches and organizational ministries. You can pursue this degree at your own pace and from the comfort of your home, giving you the time you need to connect with your family and community while still managing your career responsibilities.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Religion – Christian Leadership Degree?
At Liberty University, our bachelor’s degrees provide you with essential general education courses in subjects like English, math, science, and philosophy. Throughout our B.S. in Religion, you will examine the historical and philosophical arguments that support the validity of the Word of God, explore the teachings and applications of books of the Bible, as well as study about different cultures and people groups through global studies.
Our courses in Christian Leadership will explore a broad range of biblical leadership principles and strategies that you can use for personal growth and in your local church and community. Through your training, you will understand the many different leadership roles within the church, from the senior pastor role to lay workers. You will also examine the challenges facing church leaders today, as well as practical steps on how to overcome these challenges. Our religion degree will give you the tools you need to present God’s Word with meaning and application.
Bachelor’s in Religion – Christian Leadership Program Highlights
- By earning your online bachelor’s degree in religion – Christian leadership from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue your bachelor’s in religion degree.
- Potential additional credit earned through life experience.
Similar Online Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
B.S. Religion – Christian Leadership Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the undergraduate course syllabi (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Religion: Christian Leadership
- Church administrator
- Church and parachurch ministry
- Sunday school coordinator
- Missions mobilizer
- Christian camp director
Admission Requirements for Our Online B.S. in Religion – Christian Leadership
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for acceptance on caution. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- High school self-certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.