Learn to Lead the Church with Our B.S. in Religion – Christian Leadership Degree
Liberty University’s bachelor’s degree in religion with a specialization in Christian leadership is designed to help you uncover how God has gifted you to lead in your local church or community. Through this degree, you will enhance your leadership and administrative skills and explore foundational topics in religious studies so you can gain an understanding of the biblical principles you need to pursue ministry as a profession.
With a concentration in Christian leadership, you will gain a strong theological foundation on which you can develop and build your leadership and management abilities. You will also study the most effective ways to set goals, create collaboration between members of a church staff, develop strategies, and manage the priorities and needs of your organization. Ultimately, pursuing this degree can help you be better prepared to serve as a pastor, administrator, program director, or Christian leader.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online B.S. in Religion – Christian Leadership Degree?
In Liberty’s Christian leadership degree, you will find the right balance of quality education, training, and flexibility. Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), which ensures that your degree will be well-respected and recognized.
Additionally, our courses are taught by seasoned professors who have years of life experience in their fields. You will learn firsthand the challenges and issues Christian leaders face in today’s churches and organizational ministries. You can pursue this degree at your own pace and from the comfort of your home, giving you the time you need to connect with your family and community while still managing your career responsibilities.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Religion – Christian Leadership Degree?
At Liberty University, our bachelor’s degrees provide you with essential general education courses in subjects like English, math, science, and philosophy. In your major courses, you will examine the historical and philosophical arguments that support the validity of the Word of God, explore the teachings and applications of books of the Bible, and study about different cultures and people groups around the world.
Our courses in Christian leadership explore a broad range of biblical leadership principles and strategies that you can use for personal growth, in your local church, and in your community. By completing this degree, you will understand the many different leadership roles within the church, from the role of senior pastors to the importance of lay workers. You will also examine the challenges facing church leaders today as well as practical steps on how to overcome these challenges. Our religion degree can give you the tools you need to present God’s Word with meaning and application.
- CLED 300 – Biblical and Theological Foundations of Christian Leadership
- CLED 325 – Critical Issues in Ministry Leadership
- CLED 365 – Personal Development of a Leader
- CLED 450 – Organization and Leadership in Ministry
Bachelor’s in Religion – Christian Leadership Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online religion degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Jerry Falwell Library search portal while you pursue your bachelor’s degree.
- You can potentially earn additional credit through relevant life experience.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
B.S. in Religion – Christian Leadership Degree Information
- This program falls under John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Religion – Christian Leadership
- Christian camp director
- Church administrator
- Church and parachurch ministry worker
- Missions mobilizer
- Sunday school coordinator
Admission Requirements for Our Online B.S. in Religion – Christian Leadership
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.