Lead the Church with Our B.S. in Religion – Christian Leadership Degree
Do you have a passion to lead the local church toward Christ? If so, then Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Religion – Christian Leadership may be the degree for you! Our Christian leadership degree will blend biblical studies with leadership training so that you can be better prepared to impact others!
With a concentration in Christian leadership, you can gain a strong theological foundation on which you can develop and build your leadership and management abilities. You will also study the most effective ways to set goals, create collaboration between members of a church staff, develop strategies, and manage the priorities and needs of your organization. Ultimately, pursuing this degree can help you be better prepared to serve as a pastor, administrator, program director, or Christian leader.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online B.S. in Religion – Christian Leadership and Management Degree?
At Liberty, you can pursue your degree while you remain engaged with your family, church, and community. With no set login times, you can complete your education at your own pace from the comfort of your own home.
As you work toward Liberty’s online ministry degree, you will be taught by professors who care deeply for you and whose desire is to see you succeed. Our professors are seasoned experts and have advanced degrees in their field. In addition, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), meaning that your degree has met rigorous educational standards — so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
We believe that your degree should be both of high quality and at an affordable price. That is why while other Christian leadership schools have raised tuition, Liberty has continued to freeze our tuition rates for the past 9 years and counting. In addition, Liberty has covered the cost of textbooks through our Inclusive Access initiative. You can rest assured that we are dedicated to the quality and affordability of your degree.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Religion – Christian Management Degree?
At Liberty University, our bachelor’s degrees provide you with essential general education courses in subjects like English, math, science, and philosophy. In your major courses, you will examine the historical and philosophical arguments that support the validity of the Word of God, explore the teachings and applications of books of the Bible, and study different cultures and people groups around the world.
Our courses in Christian leadership explore a broad range of biblical leadership principles and strategies that you can use for personal growth, in your local church, and in your community. By pursuing a Christian leadership major, you can better understand the many different leadership roles within the church, from the role of Christian ministers to the importance of lay workers. You will also examine the challenges facing church leaders today as well as practical steps on how to overcome these obstacles. Our religion degree can give you the tools you need to present God’s Word with meaning and application.
- CLED 300 – Biblical and Theological Foundations of Christian Leadership
- CLED 325 – Critical Issues in Ministry Leadership
- CLED 365 – Personal Development of a Leader
- CLED 450 – Organization and Leadership in Ministry
Bachelor’s in Religion – Christian Leadership Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online religion degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and materials found through Liberty University’s Library research portal while you pursue your bachelor’s degree.
- You can potentially earn credit through relevant life experience.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
B.S. in Religion – Christian Leadership Degree Information
- This program falls under John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Religion – Christian Leadership
As a graduate of out B.S. in Christian leadership, you may be better prepared to pursue a variety of positions, including:
- Christian camp director
- Church administrator
- Church and parachurch ministry worker
- Missions mobilizer
- Sunday school coordinator
Admission Requirements for Our Online B.S. in Religion – Christian Leadership
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.