Learn How to Defend Your Faith with an Online Apologetics Bachelor’s Degree
Follow in the footsteps of great Christian apologists like C.S. Lewis, Lee Strobel, and our own Dr. Gary Habermas. Liberty University’s bachelor’s in religion with a specialization in apologetics is an online theology degree that offers solid training in the major beliefs of Christianity with the goal of helping you better defend and clearly explain the Christian faith.
Through our online apologetics degree, you can gain a deeper understanding of the historical and philosophical arguments that support the validity of the Word of God as well as the critical thinking skills you need to answer common theological questions with courage and grace.
If you want to be better prepared to address the growing cultural and intellectual resistance to the Gospel, then you may find this degree in apologetics extremely beneficial.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s in Religion – Apologetics Degree?
If you are seeking an online theology degree, a religious studies program with a focus on apologetics is an excellent option! Each online Christian apologetics class is designed to strengthen your faith and equip you with valuable training in the historical, philosophical, and intellectual arguments needed to overcome objections to the Christian faith.
Because our university was built on Christian values, you can be confident that our religious studies degree online is rooted in the truth of God’s Word and meets the highest academic and biblical standards.
Our professors are one of our greatest resources. By studying under experienced faculty who have advanced degrees in their field, you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education. Our professors seek to partner with you, mentor you, and pray with you. In this way, our professors are helping to fulfill our mission of Training Champions for Christ.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing a convenient and affordable learning experience for students like you. With our Inclusive Access initiative, textbooks for undergraduate courses are provided at no additional charge. Additionally, our program is 100% online with no set login times so you don’t have to sacrifice time with your family, church, or community.
As you progress through our program, you can experience the rich curriculum that has been crafted with your success in mind. The blend of theology and apologetics courses at Liberty can help equip you for a variety of positions at apologetics-based organizations.
With our Bachelor of Science in Religion — Apologetics, you can also be prepared to pursue our Master of Divinity degree if you would like to become a pastor or a director of a ministry or apologetics organization.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Bachelor’s Degree in Religion – Apologetics?
Our bachelor’s in religion and apologetics aims to teach you how to engage skeptics with rational arguments supporting the truth of Christianity. Throughout this degree, you will take religion and apologetics courses where you can learn to articulate and justify the essential truths of evangelical Christianity. You will also explore biblical theology and text interpretation as well as strengthen your knowledge of the structure and content of the Bible.
Liberty’s goal is to prepare you to fill personal and professional ministry roles more effectively. With an online religion degree, you can gain insight into the major issues, themes, and ideas of religious studies so you are more prepared for diverse vocational opportunities. At Liberty University, you can experience apologetics in a biblical context so that you can integrate the Bible, theology, and apologetics into your ministry.
Additionally, some of our courses dive into the role of apologetics in the secular age, how you can adapt the apologetic task to current cultural trends, and how to examine historical evidence related to Jesus and his part of the larger biblical history. The application of apologetics in today’s world is prevalent and an important opportunity for ministry.
- APOL 310 – Apologetics in a Secular Age
- APOL 320 – Apologetics and the Gospel
- APOL 330 – C.S. Lewis and Apologetic Imagination
- RLGN 340 – Global Religious Movements
Bachelor’s in Religion – Apologetics Program Highlights
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty graduates are frequently sought after for employment opportunities for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- By pursuing your degree in Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Religion – Apologetics degree you will have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
B.S. in Religion – Apologetics Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Bachelor’s in Religion Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Religion – Apologetics
Ministry and religious occupations are anticipated to continue to grow through 2029,* so you can be confident that the training you receive at Liberty can help equip you for the real world. In addition, you may have the option to pursue other areas, including biblical education or working with nonprofits. Some of the fields you could work in include:
- Church administration
- National or international missions
- Writing or speaking ministry
- Youth or college ministry
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupations Not Covered in Detail (viewed online January 17, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Admission Requirements for our Online Bachelor’s in Religion Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.