Learn How to Defend Your Faith with an Online Apologetics Bachelor’s Degree
Follow in the footsteps of some of the great Christian apologists such as C.S. Lewis, Lee Strobel, and our own Dr. Gary Habermas. Liberty University’s bachelor’s in religion, with a specialization in apologetics, is an online theology degree that offers solid training in the major beliefs of Christianity and will equip you to defend and clearly explain the Christian faith.
Through our online apologetics degree, you will gain a deeper understanding of the historical and philosophical arguments that support the validity of the Word of God, as well as the critical thinking skills you need to answer popular theological questions with courage and grace. If you want to be better prepared to address the growing cultural and intellectual resistance to the gospel, you will find this degree in apologetics beneficial.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s in Religion – Apologetics Degree?
If you are seeking an online theology degree, a religious studies program with a focus on apologetics is an excellent option! Each online Christian apologetics class is designed to strengthen your faith and equip you with valuable training in the historical, philosophical, and intellectual arguments that will equip you to overcome objections to the Christian faith. Because our university was built on Christian values, you can be confident that a religious studies degree online is rooted in the truth of God’s Word and meets the highest academic and biblical standards.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Bachelor’s in Religion – Apologetics Degree?
Our bachelor’s in religious studies online, with a specialization in apologetics, will teach you how to engage skeptics with rational arguments supporting the truth of Christianity. Throughout this degree, you will learn to articulate and justify the essential truths of evangelical Christianity. You will also explore biblical text interpretation and strengthen your knowledge of the structure and content of the Bible.
Liberty’s goal is to prepare you in every way to fill personal and professional ministry roles more efficiently. With an online religion degree, you will gain insight into the major issues, themes, and ideas of religious studies, so you are prepared for diverse vocational opportunities. Some of our new courses delve into the role of apologetics in the secular age, how you can adapt the apologetic task to current cultural trends, and examine historical evidence related to Jesus and his part of the larger biblical history.
Bachelor’s in Religion – Apologetics Program Highlights
- By earning your online bachelor’s degree in religion – apologetics from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty graduates are frequently sought after for employment opportunities for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- Students enrolled in Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Religion – Apologetics degree will have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
You might also be interested in one of the following online programs:
B.S. Religion – Apologetics Degree Information
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Course Syllabi (login required).
Bachelor’s in Religion Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students around the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Potential college credit for military training.
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Religion – Evangelism
- Church administration
- Writing or speaking ministry
- Youth or college ministry
- National or international missions
Admission Requirements for Online Bachelor in Religion – Apologetics Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for acceptance on caution. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts if available
- Unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High school self-certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.