Ascend to the Pinnacle of Your Company with Liberty’s Business Administration PhD in Entrepreneurship
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, an academic passion for business, and an interest in establishing yourself as scholar in the field? Perhaps you have worked for a company for years, or maybe you’ve founded your own organization. Either way, you likely bring both academic and personal experience to the table. At Liberty University, we offer a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Business Administration – Entrepreneurship degree that can help equip you with the skills you need to stand out as a leader in business, academia, and more.
Today’s world is in need of principled leaders whose passion for business is preceded only by their heart for God and His people. At Liberty, we have been Training Champions for Christ since 1971. We don’t just offer our students the chance to earn a degree – we offer an academically esteemed education that places a heavy emphasis on biblical principles of leadership and ethics. Better yet, our business PhD in entrepreneurship can be completed 100% online – allowing you to remain committed to your job, family, and community while pursuing your degree.
Don’t put your future on hold any longer. Partner with us, earn a PhD in business online, and take your career to new heights!
Why Choose Liberty’s Entrepreneurship and Business Administration Doctorate Degree?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to develop an online degree program that challenges you to grow without requiring you to sacrifice all of your free time. Our PhD in Business Administration – Entrepreneurship is offered 100% online with no set login times and no required intensives, meaning you can pursue your degree without neglecting the things that matter most to you.
Our experience in developing online degree programs isn’t the only reason to consider us for your PhD in business. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals who held a doctoral degree in 2021 earned roughly 21% more than those with just a master’s degree.* With Liberty’s PhD in business and entrepreneurship online degree, you too could see an uptick in earning potential. A doctoral degree can help you pursue positions of added responsibility in your current organization or with a new employer entirely.
Earning your PhD in entrepreneurship is also an excellent way to establish yourself as an academic. Just as you can use this degree to pursue various business roles, our PhD in business and entrepreneurship can also be used to help you seek job opportunities as a professor, department chair, and more!
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Earnings and unemployment rates by educational attainment, 2021 (viewed online June 2, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Business Administration PhD in Entrepreneurship Online Degree?
Our online PhD in Business Administration – Entrepreneurship consists of 4 sections: business courses, entrepreneurship classes, research courses, and a dissertation sequence.
In the core business section of this degree, you will begin by completing a PhD program orientation course. From there, you will study strategic allocation of financial resources, managing the supply chain, and marketing for competitive advantage. You will also study human resource management and strategy formulation for strategic thinking.
In the entrepreneurship section of this online PhD in business, you will study entrepreneurship from startup to exit strategy, small business management, and how to raise capital for business startups. These 3 courses allow you to study the core tenets of entrepreneurship at the most advanced academic level. Nearly every company starts as a small business in need of capital – and at some point, many entrepreneurs seek an exit strategy if they choose to sell their business.
In the research section of your degree, you’ll dive into advanced qualitative and quantitative research methods – as well as foundational applied research. In addition, you’ll begin to develop your PhD research concept. Our PhD in entrepreneurship culminates in a 4-step dissertation. You will research, write, present, and defend your dissertation to our School of Business’s faculty. Upon completion of your dissertation, you will have earned the academic title of “Doctor.”
- BUSI 707 – Entrepreneurship: From Startup to Exit Strategy*
- BUSI 708 – Small Business Management*
- BUSI 709 – Raising Capital for Business Startups*
- BUSI 770 – Strategy Formulation and Strategic Thinking
*Course guide coming soon
Admission Requirements for the PhD in Business Administration – Entrepreneurship
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree in business or a business-related field with at least 30 hours of graduate business credit with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Business and Entrepreneurship PhD Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- View the PhD in Business Administration Handbook
- Contribute to the body of knowledge in your field through this program’s integrated dissertation process.
Potential Career Opportunities for PhD in Business Administration – Entrepreneurship Graduates
- Chief executive officer
- Senior vice president
Highlights of Our PhD in Business Administration – Entrepreneurship Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- You will have access to a wide variety of scholarly research resources through Liberty’s world-class online library portal.
- You can complete this PhD in Business Administration – Entrepreneurship in as little as 3 years!