Learn to Solve Data Management Problems with Our Online B.S. in Information Systems – Data Networking Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Data Networking degree equips you for the future of technology management in many industries. Our online B.S. in Information Technology – Data Networking degree will teach you how to apply technology management skills to business, government, and nonprofit organizations. Created with your success in mind, our online B.S. in IS – Data Networking degree is designed to prepare you for a rewarding career without uprooting your life.
What is Data Networking?
Most organizations rely on communication networks to transmit valuable business information. Data networking is a key element to the technology infrastructure within these organizations. Managing an organization’s data network, you will organize, install, and maintain the data communication systems.
Data networks require reliability and scalability with frequent upgrades and repairs to ensure the system’s operational effectiveness. Our graduates are uniquely prepared to thrive in these roles with a flexible online degree format that will also allow them to work while going to college.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online B.S. in Information Systems – Data Networking Degree?
Are you looking for a rewarding career with a promising industry outlook? Our online bachelors in Information Systems – Data Networking degree will help you make a positive impact on businesses by developing and deploying efficient and secure data networks and managing corporate information systems. Our online Data Networking degree provides you with a fully accredited program from a top-ranked online university that will also help you prepare for marketable professional certifications in industry-essential tools, such as Cisco and Java.
If you are looking for an online Information Systems bachelors degree with flexibility and a Christian worldview, Liberty University’s online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Data Networking is the answer.
Liberty University offers our bachelor’s degree in Data Networking 100% online, so that you can gain a quality, well-rounded education while staying connected with your job, family, church, and community. Liberty University is the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation and the largest university in Virginia. As a student in our Data Networking degree, you will have access to an abundance of IT-based resources that will further your knowledge and certifications.
What Will You Learn in Our Online BS in Information Systems – Data Networking Degree Program?
Liberty University’s online BS in Information Systems – Data Networking provides you with essential skills in business, technology management, and computer science. You will learn the foundational principles of Information Systems and Data Networking, which apply to the leading programming languages within the industry. Our bachelor’s degree in information systems networking has an emphasis on networking languages and management skills needed for many industries.
You will also complete requirements for several professional certifications after completing the Information Systems Program or certain Information Systems courses such as the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) exam and the CompTIA A+ (CompTIA) exam.
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Data Networking Bachelor’s Degree Program
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past four years — and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your online BS in Information Systems – Data Networking degree online from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- You can complete our online BS in Information Systems – Data Networking degree in as little as three years.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Students may be eligible to earn additional credit through life experience.
- This online Data Networking bachelors degree holds program accreditation through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with experts in data networking and leaders in information systems from across the country.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Bachelors in Business Administration – A corporate business-focused degree intended for more flexibility and marketability for general business.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – A programming-focused degree that emphasizes product development and managing development teams.
- Bachelor of Science in Informatics – Healthcare Informatics – A healthcare-focused business data assurance degree that will also equip you with general business and management skills.
Online BS in Information Systems – Data Networking Degree Program Information
- This IS – Data Networking Bachelors degree program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review this program’s online Degree Completion Plan.
- This Bachelor’s in Information Systems – Data Networking degree requires assessment fees in some business courses. Oracle® fees are also required for certain courses.
- View the online Course Syllabi (login required).
Military Benefits for the BS in Information Systems – Data Networking Online Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for military training.
Potential Career Options with a Bachelors Degree in Information Systems – Data Networking
Our data networking bachelor’s degree online prepares you for a challenging career-focused role in data networking. Through our online bachelor’s in data networking degree, you will provide support to businesses, financial institutions, telecommunications, healthcare, and national security interests. Potential careers include:
- Data Communications Analyst
- Network Technician or Engineer
- IT Manager/Systems Administrator
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.