Prepare for Success with Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Cybersecurity
Information is power and the threat of data theft is continuing to increase in today’s digital world. Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Cybersecurity will equip you with the training and skills you need to fight cybercriminals, terrorists and data breaches within your company as well as on a national and global scale. Our School of Business has put together a program that will allow you to handle challenges, both technically and ethically, that you will encounter in the computer science field.
Our seasoned professors have years of experience, and they are ready to share their knowledge with you as you gain a firm foundation in algorithms and problem-solving. After graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Cybersecurity degree, you’ll have the values, knowledge, and skills that will get you noticed in the competitive computer science and cybersecurity industry.
Why Choose Our Bachelor’s in Computer Science Cybersecurity Degree?
With more than 300,000 open jobs in cybersecurity, employers today are seeking candidates with degrees in computer science at a rate of five to one over those with other types of degrees in cybersecurity.* Our cybersecurity professors have a wide range of knowledge, backgrounds, and skills — many with extensive military cybersecurity experience. They can teach you how to overcome the challenges that arise in this industry as well as how you can protect the security of our nation’s networks. Because this program is 100% online, you can acquire this knowledge without having to sacrifice your time at work, with your family, your church, or your community.
Liberty University has been designated a National Security Agency and Department of Homeland Security Center of Academic Excellence for Cyber Defense Education (NSA/DHS CAE-CDE) for the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with Data Networking and Security specialization. Other programs, including the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Cybersecurity, will be submitted for this designation within the next two years.
*Statistics taken from cyberseek.org
What Will You Learn in Our Computer Science Cybersecurity Degree?
Throughout our online Computer Science Cybersecurity you will learn skills that are essential in the information sciences field. You will begin your education by exploring programming, information sciences and systems, and computer sciences. Throughout this degree program, you will gain the knowledge to implement and maintain complex software systems within cost boundaries and on schedule and learn what it takes to keep information safe from hackers and cyber attacks. Your professors will develop your analytical and interpreting ability as you design and conduct experiments within the computer science arena.
The primary goal of this degree program is to develop Christ-centered men and women who possess the values, knowledge and skills needed to go out and make a positive impact in computer science-related industries.
- CSIS 112 – Advanced Programming
- CSIS 355 – Network Architecture and Protocols
- CSIS 461 – Technical Aspects of Cybersecurity
- CSIS 463 – Modern Cryptography
Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Information Technology – Application and Database Course Syllabi (login required).
Potential Career Options
- Security Software Developer
- Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Network Security Administrator
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Potential college credit for military training.
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past three years ̶ and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800 – $2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your Bachelor’s in Computer Science Cybersecurity degree from an accredited, nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you can be confident your degree will be well respected within your field.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Admission Requirements for the B.S. in Computer Science Cybersecurity Online Degree Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official College Transcripts if available
- Unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.