Prepare for Your Future with a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration Degree
Companies and organizations need to consider many factors when planning their operations and finances. They often need to look beyond internal affairs to understand the state of the economy as a whole. That way, they can decide how to handle their resources in a way that aligns with current economic trends and meets the needs of consumers.
Liberty University’s online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) – Economics is designed to equip future leaders with core business skills and an in-depth understanding of economics. In this program, you’ll receive vital training in accounting, finance, business strategy, economic forecasting, and international trade. Our top-notch curriculum provides a well-rounded look at the major challenges facing companies, giving you the insight needed to make smart business decisions in light of economic theory and current events.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
Why pursue a bachelor’s in economics online degree?
If you’re seeking a degree that opens you up to many job opportunities in a fast-growing industry, then our economics program is for you. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for economists is $105,020 per year. This field is projected to grow 14% from 2019 to 2029, which is much faster than the average for all other industries.* Earning a bachelor’s degree in economics can equip you for future success.
Should I study economics or finance?
Finance and economics are two fields that have much in common and often interact with each other. But they do have important differences that you’ll want to understand, so that you can pick the right degree to match your interests and career goals!
Economics is a broad field that analyzes how goods and services flow throughout an entire region or market. This degree can prepare you for a career in many industries, including business, government, and public policy. In contrast, finance is a subset of economics that focuses on money, banking, and investments within a particular company or industry. Finance majors tend to work mainly in the world of business.
Finance and economics degrees can both lead to exciting job opportunities, and Liberty offers both cognates within our BSBA program!
Why Choose Liberty University’s Economics Degree?
Are you worried that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities? We have just what you need. As pioneers in distance learning, we’re committed to offering a flexible education that works with your schedule. Our BSBA in Economics is 100% online and has no set login times — which means you can complete your coursework when and where it’s most convenient for you!
In this program, you’ll learn from seasoned professors who have years of experience in real-world business settings. Our faculty are passionate about what they do, well-versed in industry best practices, and able to provide expert training that can help jumpstart your career.
What sets Liberty apart from other schools that offer business administration programs? We won’t just help you get an education — we’ll equip you to make a difference in the world. To fulfill our mission of Training Champions for Christ, we’ve designed our curriculum to incorporate ethical training. That way, you can stand out as a leader of character and integrity in the workplace.
You can be confident that the skills and credentials gained in our ACBSP-accredited program will help increase your marketability and career readiness.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Economics?
In our online courses, you’ll gain the communication, research, and analysis skills needed to succeed as a leader in the business industry or government sector. The economics specialization provides targeted training that can diversify your skill set and increase your job opportunities.
Our core business courses explore important topics related to business administration, including business law, marketing, principles of management, corporate finance, organizational ethics, and human resource management. You’ll also analyze the various opportunities and challenges involved in planning business operations. With the knowledge gained in our program, you can help your organization streamline its processes, handle resources wisely, and find innovative ways to meet the needs of employees, clients, and consumers.
Our economics cognate dives into economic theory and real-world application. You’ll study macroeconomics and microeconomics, as well as how to collect data and forecast economic trends. That way, you can help your business make informed decisions and turn a profit.
This program also examines international financial systems and market integration among countries, so that you can effectively conduct business on a global scale. By learning about the prevailing political and economic theories of today, you can help your organization stay up-to-date with current trends and events.
Online Economics Degree Information
- The BSBA in Economics falls under Liberty’s School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our online bachelor’s in economics program.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Bachelor’s in Economics Online Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
What Can You Do with a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and Economics?
This is a flexible, versatile degree that can help you pursue a wide variety of careers in many different fields. Some of the areas you could work in after completing our program include:
- Public policy
Highlights of Liberty’s Economics Degree Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online BSBA in Economics degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our online undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University’s BSBA is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation, and having an ACBSP-accredited degree may give you a competitive advantage in the job market and help you stand out to employers.
- You may be able to earn additional college credit for relevant life experience.
- Our online economics classes are only 8 weeks long, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- As an online Liberty student, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
- Through this program, you can network with business students and professionals from across the country.
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s B.S. in Economics Online Degree Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Economists (viewed online October 16, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.